Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when exchanges get updated does that mean you can get more speed???

Options
  • 21-02-2008 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

hello all i was just wondering. When the monaghan exchange gets updated for more speed up to 12mb in june does that mean i will be able to recieve more speed here out in the country because at the minute i am only on 1.6mb and i should be on 2mb. so does anyone know if they update the exchange then should i receive the full 2mb. when the exchange gets updated to 12mb.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

daryljames wrote: »
    hello all i was just wondering. When the monaghan exchange gets updated for more speed up to 12mb in june does that mean i will be able to recieve more speed here out in the country because at the minute i am only on 1.6mb and i should be on 2mb. so does anyone know if they update the exchange then should i receive the full 2mb. when the exchange gets updated to 12mb.

The upgrade to ADSL2+ may benefit you but by how much is anyones guess.

It doesn't look like all exchanges will be getting 12meg though.
    Eircom wrote:
    eircom plan to offer the 12mb from key urban exchanges outside of Dublin later on throughout 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

It sounds like your line isn't the best. Post your line stats from your router / modem and we will have a look for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

1.6M isn't too bad for 2M DSL though. I'd expect the max to be about 1.8M so you're not too far off. Your line may be a little poor, but I'd be more worried if you were supposed to be on 3M and only getting 1.6.

Advertisement