Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the number 23

Options
  • 21-02-2008 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

Anyone see this great jim carrey film? I know that it flopped, so you disagree with me if youlike.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Sorry awful film on a pointless phenemonem if you ask me. Although when you add up the letters in the names of most couples i know, it does add up to 23...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

For people who aren't aware, this is a film about the supposed supernatural signifigance of the number 23, there's more details at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Number_23. Which I think also contains some spoilers, I didn't want to read through it too much because I haven't seen it yet myself ;)

I do want to see it though, thanks for reminding me op, I might try and get it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I saw the film and it sucked, I really expected more. I think it tried to get by on just being weird.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

6th wrote: »
    I saw the film and it sucked, I really expected more. I think it tried to get by on just being weird.

+1

the trailer was enticing hence why i watched it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Actually I read a paper last week and it would seem the number 23 is in your DNA.

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0707/0707.2011.pdf

No references top Discordianism at all either.

EDIT: OMG! At the moment Steve's post count ends in the number 23!!!

• Advertisement

and tomorrow is the 23rd!

monkeyfudge joined in 2003

faceman has 2935 gamerscore

• Registered Users Posts: 13,987 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I personally thought it was a good film. Like a book lierally translated into film. Just don't expect much and you'll enjoy it.

MAybe thats why i'm always happy with most stuff. I don't expect anything, so when something happens, it's a bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I quite enjoyed it actually. But didn't read anything into it whatsoever.

interestingly enough, if you add up the letters in the names of all the users on this thread who liked the film, you get 23!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I'm 29 years old- 2x3 =6 if you subtract that 6 from my age you get 29:eek:

From 24th September this year 23 will have no significance, you only have six more months to post on this thread.

I thought the film was crap.
    As for the whole 23 thing, I posted somewhere on a previous thread, you can play with most numbers to get what you want, just look at all the 9/11 conspiracy stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

It's on Sky Movies Premier tonight at 8, might give it a look

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I have a bucket of paint I was going to watch it dry feel free to drop over. Seriously though it's a terrible film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

The only good thing about that film was the priest or whatever he was. When Jim Carey asked was it about god and the priest goes 2 divided by 3 = .666666666

now that bit I liked! (I'm very superstitious about that number haha!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

The film was on Sky Movies last night and since I really couldn't remember what the film was about I watched it again. Its a film about a myth or what ever you call it, dressed up hollywood style. A film or documentry based on some actual accounts of people obsessed by this number or other numbers of course would be more interesting but its not so it is what it is an ok average film with a not well designed plot........

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

Gillo wrote: »
    I have a bucket of paint I was going to watch it dry feel free to drop over. Seriously though it's a terrible film.

I have to admit I lost patience watching it after about 45 minutes, ok story as read for the wikipedia link but a bit painful to watch. Would be an ideal movie to watch with a girlfriend who insists talking through movies, I'd actually listen this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

Horrendous movie. Completely pointless given the 'revelation' towards the end.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I got to watch this last weekend. I thought it was quite enjoyable, but perhaps more in the semi-intelligent thriller sense than it being paranormal related. Most of the film was a bit dull, but I thought the ending went a good way to making up for it. I was very impressed with Jim Carey, he really pulled off the role well.

Advertisement