Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's it called?

Options
  • 21-02-2008 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Boot or gaiter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is there a particular name for the leather cover that goes over the gear stick on a car? (you know what I mean the bit that stops you seeing the metal shaft and down into the mounting). I took out the Sony Ericsson car kit from the missus old Scenic and put it in the new one. Thing is though, the only place to put the control stick for the kit (it's this kit http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=124493) was beside the gearstick.

Only problem is the cable had to go under he plastic bit that clips into the dash to hold the cover in place and it's pinching the cable. So the plan is to ge a new cover from a breakers (local or on ebay) and out a hole in it for the cable to come through. I've been cafefull not to make the car when putting in the kit so want to avoid having a permenant hole. Having a 2nd cover to swap on in the event of the car kit getting removed would be ideal. Just dony want to sound a tool trying to describe what I'm on about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

cantdecide wrote: »
    Boot or gaiter

Where is the part located and what does it do? Usually they are the same - steering rack boot/gaiter, constant velocity joint boot/gaiter, gear lever boot/gaiter, etc, etc......

It depends where and from whom you learnt it. IMO, they are the same thing. But I'm open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Don't ask me- I've just come back from the future:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

cantdecide wrote: »
    Don't ask me- I've just come back from the future:D

Them DeLoreans just don't hold their value............. :D

Advertisement