Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skin care

• 21-02-2008 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

I've never been one for using skin care products but I've noticed lately that my skin is really try on my face. Was just wondering, what moisturisers would everyone recommend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Midna

I use proactiv, the entire kit, they ship to ireland.

ignoring the silly celeb commercials, it really works, my skin went from being red and blotchy to really clear, people even commented on my complexion. Make sure you get the moisturiser too though coz it can dry your skin. The moisturiser is SP15 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I swear by Roc - 30 in May and not a wrinkle or a crow's foot! :)
    I also keep a cheapy cream as a back-up - currently it's Astral, as associated with Joanna Lumley (she ranted about it for years in interviews and finally advertised it a number of years ago). I find it fantastic but I wouldn't say it's everyone's cup of tea as it's really thick and quite oily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 pigboy2525

Dudess wrote: »
    I swear by Roc - 30 in May and not a wrinkle or a crow's foot! :)
    I also keep a cheapy cream as a back-up - currently it's Astral, as associated with Joanna Lumley (she ranted about it for years in interviews and finally advertised it a number of years ago). I find it fantastic but I wouldn't say it's everyone's cup of tea as it's really thick and quite oily.
    Joanna Lumley is not the first person who would come to mind when good skin is the topic! When i picture her in my mind she looks 60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Oil of Olay is quite good and not expensive. Incidentally, I went to Boots the other day to get the Age renewal one with SPF and it was €23. I thought "geenie that is quite a bit for that cream" - so being the miser that I am I said that Id leave it and look else where. So, few days later I found exact same cream in Dunnes for €13! mad eh?

Always, always go for something with an SPF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

I use all the Dermalogica range and would highly recommend them. Expensive but huge bottles for most of their products and they really work wonders !!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭cch

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Oil of Olay is quite good and not expensive. Incidentally, I went to Boots the other day to get the Age renewal one with SPF and it was €23. I thought "geenie that is quite a bit for that cream" - so being the miser that I am I said that Id leave it and look else where. So, few days later I found exact same cream in Dunnes for €13! mad eh?

Always, always go for something with an SPF.

Spotted something similar recently with L'Oreal Derma Genesis day cream being 20 euro something in Dunnes and 30 euro something in Boots!! :eek: This was at the time of a 7.50 voucher off L'Oreal promotion but even still!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 WildWood

I swear by Cliniques Dramatically Different Moisturiser. The number of people who have remarked on how great my skin looks since I've started using it. It soaks in nice & quickly so you can do your make up without waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 DangleDevil

I too use Dermalogica and swear by it, it is expensive but it really makes a difference.

Advertisement