Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

peugeot 406 diesel insurance

Options
  • 21-02-2008 11:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

how much roughly will it be for my brother to get insurance on a 2000 406 2.0hdi diesel. he is 17. would a 306 2000 same litre disel be any cheaper??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A 17 year old male trying to get insurance on anything over 1.0 litre is going to be difficult enough I would imagine. Whether it be a Peug 406 or 306 will probably make little or no difference to the insurance company as the risk factor will be the same. It's not what he drives but rather what he might hit and cause damage to and/or personal injury to is probably the biggest factor here.

I would forget about online quotes as he probably will not get anything realistic anyway if at all. Get out the golden pages and start ringing around insurance companies is the best advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I was getting quotes of 2650 for a 2.0HDI 306, not far off the 2300 I was getting quoted on a 1.4 306. I'm not too sure if it will be far different on a 406 coupe.

Again, I was 18 when I was getting them quotes on a provisional but It cant be that much more expensive at 17?

Also, them quotes are with quinn. Try your self, http://www.quinn-direct.com/ it takes 2 minutes. Compare the difference between the 306 and 406.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Just for a laugh, I did a quote on quinn using the age of 17. 2750, not too bad for a provisional/17 years old / 2.0HDI 90bhp 406.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

thanks

Advertisement