Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What have they done to the Music!!!

• 21-02-2008 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

I meant to say this a while back but tonights raw motivated me to do it. I noticed a while back they replaced Finlays atmospheric entrance theme with Hornswaggles ridiculous jig and in doing so kind of undermined the charachter a bit. There was no reason for this and tonight I was so dissapointed to see Jeff Hardy's usually electric entrance ruined by a new and non-descript tune. He didnt even look happy about it himself. To make matters work, Kennedy walks up to the ring with his very good theme tune replaced by yet more rubbish. I might be a bit over the top here and many people may not care but I think a wrestlers music adds so much to the charachter and WWE have just fcuked up three of them. I'm almost scared that when I go to 'Mania Taker will come out to Doink's music or something.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

They're bringing out a new album of entrance themes. Vince will have new music soon too, and Jericho too I think. Maybe they'll go back to their usual themes like Jericho has in the past, or maybe they'll stick with the new ones, like RVD did. I hope they don't keep the new ones though, as they sound crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I agree no matter how old Jeff's theme was it was great and uplifting rather than his dull new one, And it was his own Matt doesnt use The Hardy them so that was no issue, Kennedys is like a sped up version of his original which isnt good it seems a heel gets sped up music ala Victoria

I like the Hornswoggle theme but not with Finlay,it was piss poor after all the comedy that they tried to go serious with Finlay crying over Horny, it sucked big time hehe and wasnt believeable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Yeah I think Hornswaggles music is appropriate for him but not Finlay. Another one has just come back to me. Tonight I was hoping Big Show would have his old music back not the re-hashed ECW version. No Chance. Even Candice Michelles has been fcuked around with and not for the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

forbesii wrote: »
    Even Candice Michelle has been fcuked around with
    Couldn't help myself, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

b.ie polar wrote: »
    Couldn't help myself, sorry.

Well that too.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

HHH has gone thru loads of music by this stage! he shud go back to the rage against the machine song! just as long as HBK doesnt change his ill be happy....well content not happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Fozzy wrote: »
    They're bringing out a new album of entrance themes. Vince will have new music soon too, and Jericho too I think.

That's insane. They're two of the best one's around now, especially Jericho's. They also changed the Big Show's, not sure if anyone noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Big Show hasn't changed his. He's using his one from ECW.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I actually like Hardys new music...It's always a good sign when a wrestler gets lyrics in his music :)

Finlays music is rubbish, but I'm sure the Americans love it. Stupid decision. "I'm Finlay, and I LOVE to fight!!!...but first I'll have a little dance...didily didily dee" :rolleyes:

Kennedys new music reminds me of Simon Dean's or Billy Gunn...shudder.

Vinces music doesn't need changing...what are they thinking!

WWE is one big car boot sale . They are selling everyhting. From the spinning belts to the music to the clothes the wrestlers are wearing. I also see wrestlemania PPV is going up in the us to over $60 !!

Crazy . I think it might all backfire on them .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

HHH has gone thru loads of music by this stage! he shud go back to the rage against the machine song! just as long as HBK doesnt change his ill be happy....well content not happy!

HHH entrance's music is class!!!! Motorhead rules!!!!! i don't think he will change it cause its his favourite group

hyn-zie wrote: »
    HHH entrance's music is class!!!! Motorhead rules!!!!! i don't think he will change it cause its his favourite group

yeah but he did have music after "the game" then he had the other motorhead "king of kings" one, then went back to the game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

HHH has gone thru loads of music by this stage! he shud go back to the rage against the machine song!

It was'nt RATM - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Warren_(musician)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Triple H should go back to the one that started "1, 2 is this on?"

His best music by far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

They should get The Dropkick Murphys to do a song for Finlay ala:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw&feature=related

i wonder how much it is setting them back to use that ****ty 50 cent choon for Mayweather

EdK wrote: »
    i wonder how much it is setting them back to use that ****ty 50 cent choon for Mayweather

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't that much, Mayweather is a friend of 50 Cent's and probably asked to use it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Jesus, Hardys new music is awful gack altogether. His old music was like one of those songs that never got old, and never should have been changed. Maybe they'll change it back after the new CD is released....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

The only way for Hardy to get his old music back is to get injured for 8 months and then arrive back with it.

D-FENS wrote: »

really? (that wiki page has nothng on it) well they did some music for him.....didnt they do the dx theme?
    MikeHoncho wrote: »
    They should get The Dropkick Murphys to do a song for Finlay ala:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw&feature=related
    yes that would be a great idea, finlay using hornswaggles little diddly idle jig is rediculous!
    Dean820 wrote: »
    The only way for Hardy to get his old music back is to get injured for 8 months and then arrive back with it.

like HHH `did

• Advertisement

really? (that wiki page has nothng on it)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Warren_(musician)

wow, he sounds identical to zack!! i could have put money on it that it was RATM!

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't that much, Mayweather is a friend of 50 Cent's and probably asked to use it

This is 50 Cent we are talking about hehe

Just to clear things up for you guys,

WWE are releasing WWE The Music, Volume 8 soon.

These themes are gonna be featured on the new CD, and therefore, advertising them is pretty much essential.

Remember back when the "WWE Originals" CD came out? Booker T had his theme from that CD, but was replaced back with the Booker T anthem after a few weeks.

The same will happen here. Everyone will switch over to their new themes for a few weeks, and then they will go back to nornal once the CD has been sold. Expect a little CD to flash up on the bottom of the screen during Jeff Harvey's and Kennedy's entrances in the coming weeks.

Also, Jerisho won't be getting a new theme. His current theme IS the new theme that will be on the CD. The following are the track listings:

1. Endeverafter - "No More Words" (Jeff Hardy)
    2. Collie Buddz - "S.O.S." (Kofi Kingston)
    3. Jim Johnston - "Glamazon" (Beth Phoenix)
    4. Heet Mob - "The Wall" (Mark Henry)
    5. Disciple - "In the Middle of It Now" (Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder)
    6. Jillian Hall - "Sliced Bread"
    7. Theory of a Deadman - "No Chance in Hell" (Vince McMahon)
    8. Saliva featuring Brent Smith - "Don't Question My Heart" (ECW Theme)
    9. Jim Johnston - "Biscuits & Gravy" (Jesse and Festus)
    10. Jim Johnston - "What Love Is" (Candice Michelle)
    11. Stonefree Experience - "Ain't No Make Believe" (John Morrison)
    12. Axel - "Ain't No Stoppin' Me" (Shelton Benjamin)
    13. Airbourne - "Turn Up the Trouble" (Mr. Kennedy)
    14. James Grundler or Anthony Martini - "Break the Walls Down" (Chris Jericho)

And the cover art:

WWEVolume8.jpg

Well.. hope that has helped you guys out?

More info on WWE CD's can be found here:

http://loosejakks.proboards54.com/index.cgi?board=wwecds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

That cover art is god awful.

Also, Jerisho won't be getting a new theme. His current theme IS the new theme that will be on the CD.

The reason I said he'd be getting a new theme is because the press release for this album said that all the themes are previously unreleased, and I'm fairly certain that Jericho's current theme has been released on at least one of their albums before. I haven't got any though, so I could be wrong

The reason I said he'd be getting a new theme is because the press release for this album said that all the themes are previously unreleased, and I'm fairly certain that Jericho's current theme has been released on at least one of their albums before. I haven't got any though, so I could be wrong

The theme Jericho has new is previously unreleased.

I can't blame you for mixing it up though, all of his themes sound very, very similar, and all have similar names like "break down the walls" and "Break the walls down" etc. so i see your point.

Jericho's current theme seems like a more slowed down version of his regular theme, and the lyrics seem to be clearer.

:)

I'm fairly certain that Jericho's current theme has been released on at least one of their albums before. I haven't got any though, so I could be wrong

yeah i had series 4 (it could have been 5) and his music was defo on it!

^

His music was on WWE Anthology (two themes), RAW's greatest hits and Vol 4. His current theme is a totally new theme. It has never previously been released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

really? (that wiki page has nothng on it) well they did some music for him.....didnt they do the dx theme?

No, they did'nt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Warren_(musician)

Chris Warren (musician)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Christopher Warren is a musician from New York who has performed in numerous bands. He is currently lead vocals in Bro-Kin, who have recently signed a music agreement with TNA (Total Nonstop Action wrestling).
    Warren is known for being the vocalist in The DX Band (sometimes referred to as The Chris Warren Band), a group who performed the entrance theme of professional wrestling stable D-Generation X called Break It Down. His vocals have been often compared to Rage Against the Machine's lead singer, Zack de la Rocha's. Warren also did the vocals for Triple H's post-DX theme "My Time," the Run-DMC DX version "Kings" (in addition to making a cameo appearance in the music video), the WWE "Superstars" TV theme and an un-released recording with Bro-Kin for WWE's Tough Enough II which never made it onto the show.
    Warren made a couple of appearances at WWE shows performing "Break It Down" at both WrestleMania XIV and SummerSlam 1998.

[edit] Biography
    Chris Warren was born in Long Island, New York in 1974. He is known to many as the voice behind the DX entrance music, and after this became a big success Chris impressed Jim Johnston (head of WWE music) so much that he offered him further vocal work. Over the course of the next 4 years, Chris recorded several songs for the WWE. In 1998, Chris made his TV debut at WrestleMania XIV, performing a screeching version of "America The Beautiful" and the National Anthem, as well as the DX entrance music later on in the night. He was booed heavily for the rendition, which the fans and national media in attendance considered disrespectful. However, it was revealed in 2002 that this disrespect was a WWE-instructed work meant to generate further heat on the DX stable. Five months later, Chris again performed the DX entrance music live at Summerslam 1998. In 1999, Chris recorded the vocals for Triple H's theme 'My Time'. This song was featured on the platinum album 'WWF The Music, Vol. 4'. He also recorded the 'Superstars' TV theme from the same year. His last appearance was a cameo on the Run-DMC 'Kings' music video, directed by David Sahadi which became a hit on MTV in the year 2000.
    Chris is now living in Rockland County, New York.
    On February 13, 2007, Chris Warren and fellow DX band member Drew Stiles were interviewed by Lee Tyers and Andy Evans on The Squared Circle radio.
    In July 2007, Chris Warren and Bro-Kin signed an agreement with TNA (Total Nonstop Action wrestling), which will involve use of the band's music on TNA's syndicated TV shows (such as TNA iMPACT!), PPVs and DVDs worldwide.

I love how, of all the artists, composers, musicians and vocalists in the world, TNA go after the old WWE guy.

Advertisement