Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question about reg plates

Options
  • 22-02-2008 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Ok I was driving home today as I do, when the car in front of me had a reg plate like any other but at the end there was 2 letters, I think CD vertically. I have seen it before on few other cars but not sure exactly what it means. Anyone care to shed some light on it?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Diplomatic Corps - owned by an embassy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

Ah cheers for that!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Corps Diplomatique to be precise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

What do they do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

They are members of the Embassy staff of foreign countries based here. They have certain privileges including being exempt from prosecution for minor traffic offences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

What do they do?

They do what they like where they like as they cannot be charged for any crime!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Sounds like a good deal!:)

Advertisement