Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TY poll

Options
  • 22-02-2008 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

there has been lots of discussion on the pro's and con's of Transition Year, but no poll to see the overall opinion. My question is this,

(For YOU) Was Transition year worth doing?:

Was transition year worth doing? 24 votes

Yes, Would recommend it.
    0% 0 votes
    No, i regret it
    37% 9 votes
    a great "doss" year
    41% 10 votes
    I cant decide.
    20% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

It depends how you look at it.

My school has tried so hard to make TY good that it's absolutely awful.
    7-9 classes a day, no half days, no free periods, homework in most classes most nights. It's nothing compared to what my mates in 5th year are doing but it's annoying that for everyone else it's a doss year while I might as well be in 2nd year again.

I'm still glad I did it because I really wouldn't have been ready to go straight into fifth year and you learn a lot from work experience, mini company etc but I can't say it's anywhere near as enjoyable as we were promised it would be - it's just another year in my school.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,747 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Sum doss,,Sum laugh,,But worst decision so far in my life..You'll feel yourself getting very very bored after christmas..Every day i feel really tired aswell,,,You will get sick of the teachers..Im sickened I didnt go straight into 5th year and take a year off after L.C ,,,Dont do it ALAN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭happy_feet

Transition Year is a very good idea, BUT,
    alot of schools dont do it properly, and students end up just sittin around doing nuthing!

i absolutely LOVE ty! i dont want it to end! in my school were always doing sumthing! whether its a trip, swimming, drumming, music, painting, creative engagement, musical etc etc! and i dont feel ive gotten stupid because we do have to work and do projects aswell. i think it was one of the best decisions i ever made!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

happy_feet wrote: »
    of schools dont do it properly, and students end up just sittin around doing nuthing!

We DON'T end up doing nothing - that's the problem!!!
    happy_feet wrote: »
    in my school were always doing sumthing! whether its a trip, swimming, drumming, music, painting, creative engagement, musical etc etc! and i dont feel ive gotten stupid because we do have to work and do projects aswell. i think it was one of the best decisions i ever made!

Go on. Rub it in :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭happy_feet

haha not tryin to rub it in but its sorta stupid if sum skools do it and they dont bother to organise anything like :S!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

ty is great, heehee finishing off our mini companies now, oh the thoughts of going into 5th year....*shudders*

hmmm lol i wasn't in any class today now and was in only like 3 yesterday!
    my recommendation to anyone that is going to do ty is that they take part in everything they can because your subject teachers don't really care about you so you will get really bored in normal class if you don't do anything extra.

Advertisement