Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Kia07

Ghusk thanks a mil for the reply, my other worry is that we have a manhole in our back garden too and was worried we'd have probs with this too if all left undone for a while, hope things are getting sorted for you today, that must've been awful to have to deal with:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭bigsam

ya we have two big manholes in our garden i hope we don't have any probs with it has anyone signed up to the broadworks company yet!!!!!
    fairly fed up to hear we cant get ntl
    anyone moving into the cresent yet did ye get a date yet..........

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

Kia07 wrote: »
    Congrats marksquirt on the new home, wishing ye many happy years there:)

Well we did our final inspection of snag on saturday, still a few bits to be done so waiting on john to call me during the week about it. Just wondering was everyones back garden landscaped before you got your keys or is it in contract to be done later??

Hope everyone is well either settling into their new homes or getting set to do so:)

Thanks Kia, hoping to move in tomorrow night, still a lot to unpack but have the essentials out!!
    Just wondering did anyone have any trouble with their kitchen, finish on ours wasn't the best, it's being sorted but the fridge/freezer unit was a mess and even gave way when the fridge was put in!!
    Sorry to hear about the mess Ghusk when I was driving by yours on Sunday I noticed the Dyno rod van there but didn't realise what happened! Have the builders been "pro-active" about getting it sorted??
    Duran - Looks like I'm going to be loner before Christmas. Was talking to Tom (foreman) today and he doesn't think anyone else is moving in before Christmas, that is unless you've changed your mind??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭cpstears

Well there folks, it's been eventfull!

Found out that our sewage pipe was discharging into the land of the not yet built apartments next door to us because the groundworks crew never connected us into the main line. However must admit once I reported it to John he had it investigated and the lads were working all week on it. They dug up the line and installed two access points and connected it into the main line drain on the crescent. So the drains are not backing up into our garden anymore and our aj's are clear thank god. DynoRod cost €400 for two hours on a Sunday:eek:. So all in all a bad situation that was handled well by John:). He said it was the fault of the groundworks crew at the time of the basic development.:eek:

Also see the playground equipment is being installed over the way too!:D

Anyone know when the green bins are due to be collected?

Happy Christmas to all in their new houses this Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 daydreamer1

hi everyone, im in the process of buying in barnwell and im just wondering if anyone knows a reliable carpenter and tiler so i can get my floors done and dont spend the next 6 months walking on concrete oh and ill prob need an electrician so i dont blow up the neighbourhood when i turn on the gas cooker!!!:)

• Advertisement

Hi Daydreamer Have just sent you a pm

Well guys we did it. Officially moved into the house last night! Delighted to be finally in there still have to get my blinds fitted this week to make the place feel more homely!!
    CPStears hope they're going to refund your €400 seen as the problem could have been prevented!!
    Playground is coming along nicely, it will be great for the kids in the area.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

marksquirt wrote: »
    Well guys we did it. Officially moved into the house last night!

C:Dngrats to you, hope you enjoy your first Christmas there!!

deswalsh wrote: »
    C:Dngrats to you, hope you enjoy your first Christmas there!!

Thanks Des, can't wait for Christmas. Have to put my tree up this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 duran

Congrats marksquirt! hope the moving process goes smoothly for you.

looks like i'll be moving in after chrimbo which really suits me.

no doubt i'll be up there over the coming weeks to see how things are progressing.

cpstears - Manor Homes should pay for dynorod - i would look for a re-imbursement on that.

Should be fun and frolicks in january as i'd say most people will move in then.

• Advertisement

Hey
    anyone out there have any problems with their valuations my final valuation came in at 20 grand lower and its causing probs at the moment

Hi bigsam,
    we too are in the same boat, have pm'd you.

Anyone else out there having same problem?

A friend in work buying in barnwell too, her valuation came in at 10k less, she bought standard 3 bed end of terrace.

Has anyone who has a sky dish to the front of the house being told to remove it yet??
    have sky coming tomorrow and the installer said that some people have been told to take them down??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Has anyone who has a sky dish to the front of the house being told to remove it yet??
    have sky coming tomorrow and the installer said that some people have been told to take them down??

I have not heard anyone in the last number of years been told to, but that does not mean its cant be applied retrospectively

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lmd

Hi all, just to let you know that i came home on thurs evening to find pool of water on my kitchen counter, now it could have been worse i know but still was bit of shock. turns out there was a leak in the boiler.i then found that in the ensuite was dampness all around the extractor fan, all stained now. john the foreman and plumber came on friday morning and had a look. they checked the attic and said that it was because of the cold weather ,some houses have had the same problem too. so now the the ceiling has to be painted. i am still waiting on service man to come out to me, they just put tape where the leak was coming from.

Marksquirt, havent heard anyone say that they have to take down dish.
    Have you to get it in the front?

oblivious wrote: »
    I have not heard anyone in the last number of years been told to, but that does not mean its cant be applied retrospectively

Thanks oblivious, spoke to the Competition Authority about it this morning and he basically said there's not much we can do at the minute about it.
    He did say that the problem will actually resolve itself over the next 3 years as digital TV is being rolled out.

lmd wrote: »
    Hi all, just to let you know that i came home on thurs evening to find pool of water on my kitchen counter, now it could have been worse i know but still was bit of shock. turns out there was a leak in the boiler.i then found that in the ensuite was dampness all around the extractor fan, all stained now. john the foreman and plumber came on friday morning and had a look. they checked the attic and said that it was because of the cold weather ,some houses have had the same problem too. so now the the ceiling has to be painted. i am still waiting on service man to come out to me, they just put tape where the leak was coming from.

Marksquirt, havent heard anyone say that they have to take down dish.
    Have you to get it in the front?

Hi Imd,
    Dish only going up tomorrow but thought I'd check.
    On your leak I have the same problem in my en suite but I have mould :eek: in the ensuite and 2 of our bedrooms!!!
    I've been on to Tom this morning who has said I'm not the first and he knows what the problem is and will get it sorted - I live in hope!!!

Quick question aswell - what way does everyones attic stairs open out??

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭paddyred9

Hey folks,

The attic stairs are just a pull down ladder, not like a stira, but an actual metal ladder which just slides directly down below the attic door.
    Hope this helps..

I havnt heard anything about leaks I must go home and check this out. what type of house do you have LMD?

Also i remember awhile back people wanting to know about the walk way, its been opened and paved at the end of the green.. about time!

Although people walking by waking me up in the morning will get shoes thrown at them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lmd

Hi paddyred, i bought 3 bed no extension. thats great news about the walkway although the site office told me last week that it would be after xmas before they opened it. that extra few mins in bed so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭paddyred9

I'll have to check for leaks myself,

Yea the girlfriend noticed it this morning my house is across from it so its all opened up now for use.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ghusk

I don't think that the walkway is actually open yet, although they did pour the concrete walkway on Friday. I think that the metal fencing thing is still blocking the way at the road side of the fence, but I'm sure that can be moved to get through!
    We haven't had any leaks, so hoping that none will spring over the xmas when the emergency repair places will charge phenomonal amounts!
    Looking forward to Christmas and hoping to get to meet a few more of you over the festive season!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

Hi All,

Just quick note to wish everyone a Merry Christmas an d Prosperous New Year in your new homes.

Here's hoping 2009 brings street lighting and cleaner roads to Barnwell! :p

Marksquirt & Family!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭cpstears

Hi All,

Just quick note to wish everyone a Merry Christmas an d Prosperous New Year in your new homes.

Here's hoping 2009 brings street lighting and cleaner roads to Barnwell! :p

Marksquirt & Family!

Brilliant I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 duran

Hi all, happy new year.

just wondering, does anyone have the measurements for the windows for the three bed fuscia, i seem to have mislaid them.

many thanks.

Hi guys, happy new year, im just wondering has anybody received any predictions for management fees for the next few years, its just mine seem rather steep considering there no refuse, lifts, stairwell maintenance involved. And also once the snag list is complete how long does it usually take to get the keys.

Hi guys, i tell ya this place is going to give me a heart attack, is there a lot of people experiencing problems with their properties being overvalued my nerves are starting to kick in now and im having to hit the vodka shelf a bit more frequently!!!

Daydreamer dont worry you are not alone, alot of us in the same position.

hi daydreamer,

I got an approx amount of €300 for the management fees.

Just been on the irishrail website and construction has started on the additional stations for the railway with Hansfield being included. Completion 2010.

• Advertisement

in same position daydreamer at this stage I can't see any valuations coming right....stressfull though

Advertisement