Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Kia07

Showhouses open this weekend, hardly a sinner around:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Kia07 wrote: »
    Showhouses open this weekend, hardly a sinner around:rolleyes:

Yeah, I saw a fella sticking up signs for Castlegrange also yesterday, assume they had showhouses open also this weekend. I thought Castlegrange was finished, obviously not. I would expect the houses will be dropping more over the next few months at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ghusk

How are all those who were having issues with valuations getting on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭cpstears

The whole thing of negative equity really only matters if your looking to sell in the near future in my opinion if your planning on staying put in the property it's not negative equity, your in negative equity but if your not trying to realise the equity it doesn't really mater.

I can see peoples problem with the bank revaluing the property and reducing the valuation hence not matching the original property price.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭paddyred9

Hey Folks,

Anyone got a phone line into their house yet? Or broadband?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hi all, don't forget the forum beers on Friday week. It would be great to meet you guys if some of you were able to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

I've been on to Eircom but they never installed the lines for the estate and this is only being done at the moment :eek:
    My order for a phone line should be completed by March as I found out today

I have since bought a mobile internet connection from 3 and the reception is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 new beginning

Hi folks,

Just wondering if any of ye know how to get our bins, do i need to ring fingal county council??

Anyone else in a 3 bed get an american fridge freezer, just wondering if they fit through the doors??

Wishing everyone well in their new homes, look forward to chatting to ye all:)

No doubt i'll be back with lots of questions;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 michelleczyz

As a fresh member I want to great all of you. I think about buying a twonhouse in Brrnwell Hansfield. I realy do not know if their's prices are right 32000. Do you think if they can drop the price little bit?
    what do you think about this houses anyway?
    thx:):p

Hi new beginning,

You need to call Fingal for the Black Bin and Greyhound for the Green. You can get numbers from their websites :D

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Took a drive around the estate during the week and there seem to be a lot of empty houses still. I thought that by this stage there would be more occupancy in the estate, but it seems that there are a lot of people facing hurdles when it comes to closing the sale and moving in.

I am a bit peeved that we still don't have any street lighting as the place is very dark without it. The raod behind have been switched on, but no sign of anything happening on the green.

Also I noticed a few months ago that the playground was being installed, but despite everything seeming to be there, it is still not accessible, therefore not open. With the longer evenings and dryer weather it would be lovely to have the option to use it.

Well again, best of luck to all those who are in still in the process of buying and I hope to see you all washing your cars in the driveways by the summer!

Thanks a mil for that, bins now ordered:)

Just wondering if anyone knows when the gap/walkway will be opened up, i know it was open before, why did they close it off??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 the mammy

I'm all ready to sign morgage sorted snag list complete but the builder want me to sign a caretaker agreement has this happened to anyone else cant find out whats wrong I just want to move in

Don't know anything about a caretaker agreement?!
    The best thing to do is ring Ciara in the site office and see if she can give you some information on this.
    I'm wondering is it something to do with the management fees? We paid this through the solicitor but I can't remember signing anything other than the standard legal stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 the mammy

Thanks for that I will give Ciara a ring Have you noticed anyone moving in in the last few week :o

The mammy I have sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭paddyred9

marksquirt wrote: »
    I've been on to Eircom but they never installed the lines for the estate and this is only being done at the moment :eek:
    My order for a phone line should be completed by March as I found out today

I have since bought a mobile internet connection from 3 and the reception is very good.

Well Guys!!
    I'm delighted! I just got a call from eircom our line is in place :D

I've called it to test it too! bring on sky multiroom and broadband!

Anyone having problems with mould in their ensuite/ bedroom windows??

Hi new beginning I did initially but the problem has sorted itself out it's just the house drying out I think. I kept the airer at the top of the windows open to alleviate the problem and it worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 daydreamer1

hi guys ive just moved in and im wondering if anybody knows who the best broadband provider is for the area im with vodafone and both my mobile reception and internet is awful, im telling you a season could pass before my internet responds its so slow!!?

• Advertisement

We have both phone and internet with eircom, no problems at all.

Anyone know are the green bins from fingal county council?

The green bins are requested through Fingal, but managed by Greyhound recycling. It might be worth giving grehound a call and seeing if they'll deliver one to you directly.

First collection of the green bin is scheduled for Friday, then every two weeks.

Great thks a million:)

Anyone having problems with mould in their ensuite/ bedroom windows??

Could be a faulty pane of glass not sealed properly if their is condensation between the panes it needs to be replaced.

Still no green bin collection by greyhound can people maybe ring and try shake things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lmd

I have just spoken to girl in greyhound, she has noted to the drivers to make sure they come around the estates in barnwell, she specifically mentioned the green. not sure if any of the other estates have had collections already. There will be collection tomorrow..hopefully;)

lmd wrote: »
    I have just spoken to girl in greyhound, she has noted to the drivers to make sure they come around the estates in barnwell, she specifically mentioned the green. not sure if any of the other estates have had collections already. There will be collection tomorrow..hopefully;)

Wey hey, the Green Bin was collected today Friday the 10th of April. The driver checked with the office and told us the collection was today and every second friday from now. Success. Anyone who had a green bin at the front of the house on the green we grabbed them and got them emptied. We'll see if there collected in two weeks, hopefully.

We are on the cresent and ours was collected this evening too, great stuff:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ron123

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone received a completion notice recently or if anyone is snagging. We received completion notice for Barnwell Lane and would be interested in talking to anyone in similar boat.

Thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Monia

Hi I am looking for to rent the house in Barnwell area.Would you guys know anybody who wants to rent the house out?

Advertisement