Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DCTF

dubdec99 wrote: »
    Ok, after trawling through a lot of the earlier posts in this thread, I have some questions I hope can be answered:

What is the UPC/NTL situation?????
    Manor Park did a deal with Broadworks for a certain length of time so they have the contract to come into the estate. When the contract is up you can go with NTL.

What is the current tv provider (broadworks?) like?
    I know 2 people with it and they said there ok just not like a digital service like ntl or sky with the options they provide. Broadworks is kinda like an analogue service even thought it's a Sky feed split.

Who provides broadband to the area - eircom, BT?
    eircom installed the phoneline into the houses, we got a landline and then transferred to imagine for phone and broadband. i know people with eircom and bt broadband too.

What do the management fees cover?
    maintenence of common areas, cutting the grass outside your property, playground etc

How much are the refuse charges?
    it's on the fingal co co website but it's 120 a year i think and then 8 euro per lift

Are there any other charges, poor services, good points etc I should be aware of before I move in?
    don't think so, you could change your electricity supply from esb to board gais there offering good reductions to gas customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dubdec99

Many, many thanks DCTF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stressed 99

SIGNED CONTRACTS LAST YEAR BUT MORTGAGE APPROVAL NOT RENEWED ANY IDEAS! BUILDER TRYING TO FORCE THROUGH SALE!

SIGNED CONTRACTS LAST YEAR BUT MORTGAGE APPROVAL NOT RENEWED ANY IDEAS! BUILDER TRYING TO FORCE THROUGH SALE!

Negotiate with the builder and your bank or financial institution to try sort it out! This has worked out with some people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 oonions

The builder seems to be willing to wait it out in negotiations. Stay calm and be dead straight with them. They want to sell you the house and they need to know that they got every penny they could out of you. Convince them they have.

• Advertisement

contracts signed today, hope to close in a few weeks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

Congrats Dubdec on signing!

contracts signed today, hope to close in a few weeks:)

Fair play, hope it all goes great!

cheers

Alright so here's my dilemma, I got my initial snag done last week by a professional, who now happens to be out of the country until saturday....the builders have worked through the snag list but are going on holidays from friday and wont be back until august....i have to be out of my current apartment by July 31st !!!!! I can either go and inspect what the builders have done myself (but could easily miss something) and try to close by friday or move in with a friend and wait until the builders are back.....all advice welcome!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Alright so here's my dilemma, I got my initial snag done last week by a professional, who now happens to be out of the country until saturday....the builders have worked through the snag list but are going on holidays from friday and wont be back until august....i have to be out of my current apartment by July 31st !!!!! I can either go and inspect what the builders have done myself (but could easily miss something) and try to close by friday or move in with a friend and wait until the builders are back.....all advice welcome!!

The person who snagged it should have done the work, all you need to do is check that you're happy with the fixes, there should be nothing to miss if you know what I mean. I personally don't think you need the guy who did the snag list back again for the check.

No harm in having a look around yourself anyway, as the "professional" snaggers often miss things. I'd have done a better job than the guy who snagged my house.

PauloMN wrote: »
    The person who snagged it should have done the work, all you need to do is check that you're happy with the fixes, there should be nothing to miss if you know what I mean. I personally don't think you need the guy who did the snag list back again for the check.

No harm in having a look around yourself anyway, as the "professional" snaggers often miss things. I'd have done a better job than the guy who snagged my house.

Going by the snag list, she did a pretty thorough job, I'm just worried I'll miss something, close, and then have no comeback....still though her list was pretty good so if i follow that i should be ok and hopefully anything i miss will be cosmetic

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I don't know what it's like nowadays (10 years since I bought my house) but don't expect every single little thing to be fixed, as chances are they won't be. It's a balance between what you will accept and trying not to let things drag on and on. Some minor stuff you might be able to resolve yourself as you decorate etc..

Of course when I bought mine, houses were flying up - not the same now, so maybe you'll get a nice surprise and everything will be done. :)

hi Dubdec

I signed for my house and signed off on snag a few months ago. I've now got a problem with my back door not locking, only rang Ciara in site office yesterday and they're having it repaired for me tomorrow so if you even get the most important stuff sorted and signed off on they're very helpful even after you sign!

marksquirt wrote: »
    hi Dubdec

I signed for my house and signed off on snag a few months ago. I've now got a problem with my back door not locking, only rang Ciara in site office yesterday and they're having it repaired for me tomorrow so if you even get the most important stuff sorted and signed off on they're very helpful even after you sign!

Excellent stuff!!

Got the keys yesterday !!!!! Now the real work of fitting out the place begins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lmd

Congrats dubdec!
    What broadband does everyone have? I got O2 mobile broadband the other day and i can hardly get a signal! I rang them last nite and they said that the Fort Lucan Mast is down and that i should get a better signal in a couple of days!
    I am thinking that I am going to have to get a landline now.

I haven't sorted the broadband out yet but I think i'll use the landline and go with BT - I was with them a few years ago and they were fine...

Anyone know how the fire in the living room is supposed to work? I flipped down the panel at the front and flicked the mains switch to 'On', tried the remote to power on and tried the panel also but no joy...

I have a leak in the upstairs bathroom, gonna get a mate to fix it as builders are on holidays until august 4th - Do I take it up with them when they get back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Kia07

Hi folks,
    Not been on in a long time, hope everyone well!

Just wondering if anyone knows when the gap for the walkway is going to be opened?

On the snag, we had 2/3 small items to be finished after we signed, being done this week so doesn't seem to be a problem getting bits done afterwards.

Also can anyone tell me if black bins were collected very early yesterday, put mine out at 9.30am and wasn't picked up, brown bins were alright though.

Enjoy the long weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sandleman1979

Kia07 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Not been on in a long time, hope everyone well!

Just wondering if anyone knows when the gap for the walkway is going to be opened?

On the snag, we had 2/3 small items to be finished after we signed, being done this week so doesn't seem to be a problem getting bits done afterwards.

Also can anyone tell me if black bins were collected very early yesterday, put mine out at 9.30am and wasn't picked up, brown bins were alright though.

Enjoy the long weekend

Black Bin collections in the area are always early on bank holiday weekends. I was out at 830 and the black bin collection came. I live in Ongar so would imagine the collection would be at a similar time. I have learnt the hard way with Bank hols collections, put the bin out the night before is the only safe bet!!!

• Advertisement

Hi folks,
    Just wondering if anyone can recommend a local handyman. For a few small jobs like putting up curtain rails, rehanging doors etc.

Im not having any luck so far :rolleyes:

oonions wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Just wondering if anyone can recommend a local handyman. For a few small jobs like putting up curtain rails, rehanging doors etc.

Im not having any luck so far :rolleyes:

Hi oonions just sent you a pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭bigsam

Hi does anyone know what day the black and green bins are collected .......
    I haven't got got any request in the post but do I have to pay a annual fee as well as the bin tags before they pic up the black bin or is that only for the green bin

bigsam wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know what day the black and green bins are collected .......
    I haven't got got any request in the post but do I have to pay a annual fee as well as the bin tags before they pic up the black bin or is that only for the green bin

Black bin is collected on Monday's

Green bin is collected every 2 weeks on a friday. There is a collection scheduled this friday.

Yeah your meant to pay a fee but think they'll send you a card or something in the post and you use that to pay.

Hi, I called Fingal CoCo and told them that I have just moved in. They sent me temporary stickers to use while they set up my account.

Hi,

Anyone missing a green bin? I got mine from fingal co co last week but another one mysteriously appeared outside my place on friday - it has the number 31 written on some paper stuck on the bin (which happens to be the number of my gaff), and had a bit of rubbish in it so it wasn't a second delivery from fingal co co....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 daydreamer1

Hey
    Does anybody have a solution to the noisest water pipes in the world that appear to have been installed in my house???? especially noisy when the toilet is flushed, any suggestions would be appreciated as there no way i can let someone stay in the back room with the noise unless we bring in strict toilet flushing times!!!

Hi, I had a particularly loud water pump too when I moved in. It was loud when I flushed the toilet but it also refilled every 10 mins or so, which was particularly annoying for folks in the spare room.
    Anyhow, someone tightened the the screw attached to the ballcock and problem solved. Not sure if this is the same thing, but its worth a try...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 daydreamer1

Thanks just need to ind the ballcock:confused:
    oonions wrote: »
    Hi, I had a particularly loud water pump too when I moved in. It was loud when I flushed the toilet but it also refilled every 10 mins or so, which was particularly annoying for folks in the spare room.
    Anyhow, someone tightened the the screw attached to the ballcock and problem solved. Not sure if this is the same thing, but its worth a try...

• Advertisement

I got a phoneline installed last week and have been shopping around for the best broadband deal.

However I have found out from eircom that I am linked in to the clonee exchange and that this is an 'amber' line and only capable of getting 1mb broadband.

The BT and magnet websites don't even recognise my line as being able to receive broadband.

Do any of you in the barnwell development have broadband and if so, can you tell me who with and what type etc?

Thank you.

Advertisement