Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 oonions

Hi guys,
    Just reading about the use of unsold units as social housing (in general in Ireland) and it prompted me to wonder how many unsold units there are in Barnwell Hansfield. Anyone have any idea?
    (Im not a hysteric I promise! Just curious to know facts before unnecessary worrying :))

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dubdec99

Well there is a full page ad in today's Metro advertising houses for sale in Barnwell (nice prices too!!!) so there must be a few unsold units.......also, even though social housing has a bad rep, not everyone who avails of social housing is a scumbag (if thats what your worry is), as I'm sure you know

And now for something completely different - Anyone know what that factory past the site office is? A flour mill/bakery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

A bakery if I'm not mistaken

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DCTF

karlr42 wrote: »
    A bakery if I'm not mistaken

JMOB Bakery, it's on the back road to lexlip or lucan if you head for clonee and turn left from the big roundabout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 daydreamer1

Hey, i seem to have completely miss measured my tile requirements so i have 10 boxes of spare marble porcelain floor tiles 400mmx400mm if anyone is in need of tiles going for a very good rate if anybody is interested????????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Define 'a good rate' ... :)

Well im open to reasonable offers (theyre 40 quid a box) there technical term is polished ivory crema marfil theres 10 boxes with 6 tiles in each so will cover a good size space but obviously my measurments are not good so dont ask me how much floor they will cover!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Zaph wrote: »

:o:o:o

Apologhies, daydreamer1 for nearly walking you into trouble there!
    Try adverts.ie if you want to sell 'em, or what I'd do is bring them back to where you bought them and look for a refund. Provided you didnt buy them too long ago and that style is still in stock, most places will refund.

Anyone else having a problem with their toilets/drains??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DCTF

dubdec99 wrote: »
    Anyone else having a problem with their toilets/drains??

Did have what's wrong?

When the toilet is flushed, the bowl fills up with water, and then takes an age to empty properly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

dubdec99 wrote: »
    When the toilet is flushed, the bowl fills up with water, and then takes an age to empty properly
    Sounds like there is a blockage down the pipe.

You could try using a mop in similar fashion to a sink plunger should do the trick. If that doesn't work the builder on site should have a set of rods.

Only a last resort call a drain blockage company THEY COST A FORTUNE.

Cheers Pat - The builders on site have said they'll take a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 GreyhoundD22

Folks

There have been problems in this area for green bin collections. For this, Greyhound sincerely apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Since the estate is new, it was missing from our mapping system. When we re-drew routes in September, we didn't take account of Barnwell/Hansfield. However, this has now been rectified.

Note that your next scheduled collection is Wednesday 11 November. It will be fortnightly thereafter.

To download a calendar go to www.greenbin.ie/calendar and in the address line, type Hansfield.

Once again, on behalf of Greyhound and Fingal County Council, please accept our apologies.

GreyhoundD22

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭urallfish

Hi my gas was switched off a year ago due to arrears my bill is 900 euro i am payin it tommorow so can anyone tell me when and how long it takes to be recconected?

Hey does anyone know whats happening with the estate, are the completing the site like finishing the playground etc or is it going to look like a building site till house start being sold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭bigsam

I'd say its like that till the houses start selling again they have probably ran out off money...
    Has anybody got their attic converted yet im thinking off doing it myself
    don't think it needs much floor boards and putting up some plasterboard...

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Burks_ie

Has anybody had problems with the extractor fan in the en-suite. Mine is leaking. had same problem when we moved in last December but it stopped and now it is back happening again. now that i am in the house a year not sure if i will get anywhere if i ask the builder to fix the problem anybody have an idea where i stand with getting it fixed, its really annoying!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Daragh11080

Lads any houses left here???????

I am interested in buying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Kia07

Loads of houses left in the estate.

Anyone receive a letter from fingal county council in relation to satelite dishe's up on house, apparently we need to have planning permission, anyone know anything about same??

Bigsam would be very interested to hear about the attic conversion, we too are considering this. Any info would be great.

On the leaky fan i would go up to Ciara and ask her what the story is, she is based in the house beside the 2 bed that was won. We had a few things fixed recently and are here almost a year so deffo worth a try.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the christmas preperations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

Hi Kia,

I got a business card left in and had to call them, told them we can't put it anywhere else but the front of the house, she said we'd get a letter but it never arrived. My neighbour tried to move hers to the back of her house but can't get a signal and had to put it back to the front again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Kia07

Marksquirt,

We too got the card in the door a few weeks ago, i phoned and left a message but got no reply.

We then received a letter last week saying we need planning permission to have the dish up. I dont know what the story is tbh, might give them a buzz later in week.

We too cant put dish out the back as we'll get no signal.

Would be much easier if we could just get NTL but not for the mo, anyone know how long till Broadworks contract is up??

Without wanting to run down any company, would it be fair to say that Broadworks would not be as good as NTL?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Kia07 wrote: »
    Would be much easier if we could just get NTL but not for the mo, anyone know how long till Broadworks contract is up??

NTL wanted money for laying their cable into the area and manor park would not pay up, so mostly like a direct line never will be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

Living in Barnwell since last December. Havent had any notes through door etc re sky dish(is on the front of the house)

Was on to the plumbing foreman regarding the leaky extractor fan in the ensuite last year also. Got nowhere. Was basically told that it was something with it dripping in the cold weather and pretty much told there was nothing he could do about it!!! Think they could have repainted over the wet patch in the ceiling!! I didnt puch very far with it...just wanted them out of the house! Found them disastrous to deal with from the time I did up my snag list!

Living in Barnwell since last December. Havent had any notes through door etc re sky dish(is on the front of the house)

Was on to the plumbing foreman regarding the leaky extractor fan in the ensuite last year also. Got nowhere. Was basically told that it was something with it dripping in the cold weather and pretty much told there was nothing he could do about it!!! Think they could have repainted over the wet patch in the ceiling!! I didnt puch very far with it...just wanted them out of the house! Found them disastrous to deal with from the time I did up my snag list!

I'd go back to them if I was you...A leak of any sort is something I'd really want to avoid. I've been onto them a couple of times and have to say that they've been fairly obliging - i don't know how long they'd sort out problems for you - is it 12 months?

Dont think its so much a leak...more condesation building up around the extractor fan...doesnt seem to have happened this year but was happening around the time I moved in this time last year.

Dont really want to get them back as each time I have they seem to damage something else!

Maybe it's been sorted just by being in and heating the house over the last year?

• Advertisement

Quite possible!

Advertisement