Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

Think its supposed to be Aug this year.
    Seems to be a fair bit of activity over at the station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 greg70

Ya will be great when it opens be able to get into town handy...
    Its going to run into Tara street isn't it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Sorry for the delay in answering some of the questions in earlier posts.

Do we, as members of the management company, get to see a set of accounts that show exactly what our money is being spent on? How much is in the sinking fund etc etc? Yes you are entitled by company law to see a set of audited accounts which must be presented for approval at your Management Company AGM each year. Your Management Company must hold an AGM each year to comply with company law.

What rights & entitlements do we have as members of the management company? I am sorry to be blunt, but as your Management Company is controlled by the Developer you will effectively have none.

Will the developers keep us informed of management company business? Purely at the dicsression of the developer .

And if the developers will always have a controlling share of the management company, what use is it us being members of it? For as long as the developer maintains an interesd in one unit (Home) within your area, the developer can maintain a controlling a majority vote.

There seems to be a bit of confusion as to the difference between your Management Company and your Management Company Agents. Wallace Property Management (WMP) are not your Mangement Company. WMP are your Manahgement Company Agent employed by your Mangement Company to look after the day to day to operations your Mangement Company. As home owners you all became a member's of the Management Company the day you bought your home. However, as I have outlined above the Management Co is controlled by the developer and they will be reluctant to engage with you directly and will use WMP as a conduit.

Could I strongly suggest that you all have a meeting before you engage with the Management Company Agents (WMP). This would be an extrememly useful exercise in trashing out your concerns and to formulate an approach amongst yourselves before your meeting with WMP. I would be more than happy to attend such a meeting over the coming weeks and to take part in a Q&A session on this topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 donegal.295

I read in the Irish Independent that UPC (owner of Chorus and NTL) are finalising a deal to acquire the assets of Broadworks. It said this deal was hoped to be finalised on March 22nd. Does anyone know anymore information about this? Would that mean that NTL would then be able to offer their package to Barnswell Hansfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭central

Hi fellow BH residents,

I just came across this thread. I have not been asked for my Management Fee this year (I moved into BH in Nov 2008 and HAD to pay €330 in order to get my keys). Does anyone have any updates on this please? Have you been asked to pay recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dubdec99

Hi,

I haven't heard anything yet about fees....

Anyone having any problems with the gas central heating pressure? Mine is at 0 and heating won't work at all - anyone know how to increase the pressure? My gas boiler is a SIME

Hi Dubdec,

I have had numerous problems with my heating too. I ended up having to call emergency plumber there in the winter to get it sorted. Basically in your hotpress there is a pressure valve on the back wall and under this pressure valve is a black rubber knob. If you turn this black rubber knob it releases the pressure and you should see your valve rise. The plumber told me to do this when the heating is off and to let the valve meter rise to between 1 and 2. Hope this helps.

I have also had trouble with the switch on the pump for the hot water in the hotpress, I have been told by a plumber this needs to be replaced as it is not switching the pipe open to allow hot water to reach the tank. Has anyone else had this problem?

central wrote: »
    Hi Dubdec,

I have had numerous problems with my heating too. I ended up having to call emergency plumber there in the winter to get it sorted. Basically in your hotpress there is a pressure valve on the back wall and under this pressure valve is a black rubber knob. If you turn this black rubber knob it releases the pressure and you should see your valve rise. The plumber told me to do this when the heating is off and to let the valve meter rise to between 1 and 2. Hope this helps.

I have also had trouble with the switch on the pump for the hot water in the hotpress, I have been told by a plumber this needs to be replaced as it is not switching the pipe open to allow hot water to reach the tank. Has anyone else had this problem?

I had to get the motor on the pump downstairs replaced a few months back and I was told they were always failing (the blue heat merchants ones) but having said that the two in the hot press have given me no trouble.

I cant see any pressure valve (well none with a with a black rubber knob anyway) in the hot press - probably best I get a plumber in before I blow the house up!!

Oh sorry, maybe different system in your house so. I am in the 2 bed Ivy.... anyway I had no idea what anything was in my hotpress until I had to fork out €100 for a 2 min job that I explained to you earlier so I made sure I paid attention to the plumber :)

Anyway best of luck so getting it sorted. New houses can be a curse sometimes!

got it sorted!!! found that valve (don't know how i missed it!!), played around with it, nothing happened....called the gasman, he arrived, pressure was back by then, everything working - no charge!! Happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 duran

i had similar problems when i moved in, between the manor park plumber and electrician, we got it sorted.

just wondering did the outside lights over the patio doors come as standard with your houses? we didn't get one and just checking before i shell out for one.

thanks for all the tips over the last while neighbours.

Hi Duran,

Yes your porch light should be included in your house, and your back light in back garden also.

thanks Central, must be an oversight by the builder, i'm sure we'll get it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Mammyof2

Hi Guys,

We are seriously thinking of buying the orchid type house, I was wondering if anyone could answer these questions for me.
    • How much did you pay for your house if it was this type
    • Are there many houses still vacant.
    • Have you had any major problems
    • What is the story with the roads, they seem in an awful bad way.
    • Are there many children around, hoping my 2 would have some playmates eventually.
    I love the house hoping we can get the finance, wish me luck.:confused:

Hi Mammyof2,

I am not in the Orchid but I can answer some of your questions:

There are still quite a few houses empty, some of these are due to people beind made redundant etc and some not getting finances anymore (according to the Site Manager last time I met him).

I have had no major problems at all. Been lucky enough with good neighbours etc .

As for the roads, they were fine until last week when they dug them up and made an obstacle course with no warning. I have no idea what they are doing but it is only newly like that.

Plenty of kids around from what I see (don't have any myself) but decent green space and playground for them.

Good luck with the finances and maybe we'll be welcoming you to Barnwell Hansfield soon!

Mammyof2 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

We are seriously thinking of buying the orchid type house, I was wondering if anyone could answer these questions for me.
    • How much did you pay for your house if it was this type
    • Are there many houses still vacant.
    • Have you had any major problems
    • What is the story with the roads, they seem in an awful bad way.
    • Are there many children around, hoping my 2 would have some playmates eventually.
    I love the house hoping we can get the finance, wish me luck.:confused:

Hi there,
    Didnt buy the same house type you are looking at but have lived there for the last 17 months.
    There are still a fair few houses vacant but there does seem to be a lot of interest in the last couple of weeks.
    Havent had any major problems since moving in.
    Dont think they plan to finish off the roads until the estate is finished...altho there does seem to be a bit of digging in the last week or so but I presume that will be fixed soon.
    There does seem to be a fair few kids around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Mammyof2

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much, for your responses.
    Would love to talk to someone who is living in one of the Orchid type houses.

Regards,

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

You should also take a look around other estates in the Clonee/Ongar area - there's over-supply of 2nd hand houses and some absolute bargains out there at the minute. If you are a cash buyer you could negotiate even further discounts.

2nd hand houses will have the benefits of being in more settled areas, will have driveways (maybe the one you are looking at in Barnwell has parking) and will probably be cheaper than a new house. You could find that Barnwell is a building site for a long time to come given the current situation.

I have just moved to barnwell 3 weeks ago from Ongar and am lovin the peace and quiet!

i think you will find that most estates at moment have unfinished units (we are in a recession.....) although a friend of mine just signed a contract the other day on a fuscia and is moving in in four weeks so they are gradually being filled.

i have a fuscia myself and really like it, and from what i gather from the other residents everybody seems to be settling in nicely.

hope it all works out for ya Mammyof2 - going by the number of kiddos enjoying the playground, your little ones won't be lacking new friends. :)

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

PauloMN wrote: »
    2nd hand houses will have the benefits of being in more settled areas, will have driveways (maybe the one you are looking at in Barnwell has parking) and will probably be cheaper than a new house. You could find that Barnwell is a building site for a long time to come given the current situation.

+1, an Fingal require the development to be full finish before they look at taking it over, that's only beginning in Ongar 6 years on in a full finished estate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 prax

Just to say hi to all the residents in Barnwell. I and my wife moved in the orchid few weeks back. Still loads to do with the house, slowly getting it sorted one by one.

We've got wonderful neighbours.
    So far so good, already had few issues with the house like minor leakage, etc but builders are fixing these immediately. Ciara is a great help being on-site.

Looking forward to meet up with you all soon...

Mammyof2 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Thanks so much, for your responses.
    Would love to talk to someone who is living in one of the Orchid type houses.

Regards,

Hi, sent you a pm, call me if you like to discuss about orchid

prax wrote: »
    Just to say hi to all the residents in Barnwell. I and my wife moved in the orchid few weeks back. Still loads to do with the house, slowly getting it sorted one by one.

We've got wonderful neighbours.
    So far so good, already had few issues with the house like minor leakage, etc but builders are fixing these immediately. Ciara is a great help being on-site.

Looking forward to meet up with you all soon...

Welcome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

Guys,

We had an issue with field mice in our house over the weekend. We had in total the lovely sum of 5!!
    They were getting in via the flue for the boiler in the kitchen. The space around the flue where it exits the house wasn't sealed properly and they were able to get through.
    Thought I'd let you all know so that you can check.

I hope to god it's the last of them!!

BTW anyone have anumber for Ciara, can't find it anywhere!

Hi, just sent you pm with Ciara's number

Did everyone receive their letter from the management company yesterday?

Let me know if you didn't and I'll scan a copy and put it up. It's a generic letter and not specific to any resident.

Marksquirt

Received my letter alright, not sure where I stand to be honest. When I moved in they would not issue me with keys until they had received payment of the €300 odd. That was over 18 months ago and I have not paid it since as nobody came looking for it. How about you?

central wrote: »
    Marksquirt

Received my letter alright, not sure where I stand to be honest. When I moved in they would not issue me with keys until they had received payment of the €300 odd. That was over 18 months ago and I have not paid it since as nobody came looking for it. How about you?

Yep thats the same as me. Paid 300 when I got the keys In October 08 and havent paid anything since

• Advertisement

Hmmm I really want to know what's happening with the estate, is going to be left as is, are they going to cease all building works, will I have to look at metal fences forever more......

So many questions to ask, I wonder will I be fobbed off?

Advertisement