Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

I certainly wont be quick about handing over any more money until those questions are answered!
    Cant really see there being more building work done in the estate in the near future

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭central

I know ye, they won't be getting a penny out of me that's for sure. I don't see them doing anymore building either but it would be nice not to have to look at the mounds of muck and dirt at the end of my road.......

The metal fencing is such an eye sore. If it was covered by the nice wooden fencing I don't think it would be so bad you know.

I know what ya mean! Out the front of my house is done in a wooden fence which isnt bad looking! But out the side is a bid metal fence and a bit of an eyesore! They could also do with putting a better surface on the roads!

I know what ya mean! Out the front of my house is done in a wooden fence which isnt bad looking! But out the side is a bid metal fence and a bit of an eyesore! They could also do with putting a better surface on the roads!

They really do need a better surface alright and a walkway to the bus at Ongar roundabout there would be great too. I think we are expecting alot and none of which will be delivered anytime soon though.

Sure we can always hope :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Sure we can always hope :)

With manor park I would not, best form a resident association an campaign to get them to complete/finish current development and make safe the boundary to sites that are still to be developed.

oblivious wrote: »
    With manor park I would not, best form a resident association an campaign to get them to complete/finish current development and make safe the boundary to sites that are still to be developed.

The day they launched there was a protest outside from residence of the Ongar area I think saying things were left unfinished etc for years. I fear we are in the same boat here. I guess buying off the plans used to be a good thing but not in these recessionary times it seems. Nobody has the money these days to complete phases and boundaries etc.

oblivious wrote: »

Sounds like a good idea in theory but if the money is not there and people are not buying the houses they arent going to finish the development anytime soon!.

Sounds like a good idea in theory but if the money is not there and people are not buying the houses they arent going to finish the development anytime soon!.

Money or no money there are health and safety issue for those unfinished sites an the current boundary do not look any secure to keep children out

The developers have put up railings. What else do you think they should be doing to secure the sites??....obviously besides finishing the houses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

The developers have put up railings. What else do you think they should be doing to secure the sites??....obviously besides finishing the houses.

they may have put railings up but it hasn't stopped the kids getting in! I've railings at the end of my road and i've seen the kids behind them playing. A bit more of the nice fencing wouldn't go astray just to tidy the estate up until its finished (if ever!)
    It might also help make the estate a bit more attractive to potential buyers.

In relation to the management fees as far as I'm aware no one has paid anymore than the deposit that was given on signing and the recent letter is the first bit of contact we've all had from the management company.
    I won't be making any payments until I've had a look at the audited accounts. I've no problem paying my share once I know what my share is actually paying for!!

For anyone that is looking to change to UPC they are now available in our estate! YAY!!

This will resolve the problem with the satelite dishes!

marksquirt wrote: »
    they may have put railings up but it hasn't stopped the kids getting in! I've railings at the end of my road and i've seen the kids behind them playing. A bit more of the nice fencing wouldn't go astray just to tidy the estate up until its finished (if ever!)

I completely agree that the fencing is more attractive than railings and would certainly improve the look of the estate but I dont think its going to be much more effective at keeping kids out!

For anyone that is looking to change to UPC they are now available in our estate! YAY!!

This will resolve the problem with the satelite dishes!

Have you had anyone say anything about satelite dishes?

It might also help make the estate a bit more attractive to potential buyers.

In relation to the management fees as far as I'm aware no one has paid anymore than the deposit that was given on signing and the recent letter is the first bit of contact we've all had from the management company.
    I won't be making any payments until I've had a look at the audited accounts. I've no problem paying my share once I know what my share is actually paying for!!

Totally agree, no money until I see evidence of its use.

So we are paying €300 per house for landscaping etc, does it really cost that much per annum? Sorry I have no idea about the cost of cutting grass and doing some weeding.... etc.

central wrote: »
    Totally agree, no money until I see evidence of its use.

So we are paying €300 per house for landscaping etc, does it really cost that much per annum? Sorry I have no idea about the cost of cutting grass and doing some weeding.... etc.

That I don't know, it would be dependant on what landscapers are used etc. although I might do some investigative work and actually count the number of occupied houses along and then calculate how much in total has been paid to date!! That way when we get the audited account we will be able to see if Manor Park have contributed anything

Have you had anyone say anything about satelite dishes?

Yeah I've had a letter from Fingal threatening legal action if it wasn't removed from the front of our house (Sky couldn't get a signal from the back)

That I don't know, it would be dependant on what landscapers are used etc. although I might do some investigative work and actually count the number of occupied houses along and then calculate how much in total has been paid to date!! That way when we get the audited account we will be able to see if Manor Park have contributed anything

Good thinking Marksquirt. I am not sure though if all houses pay €300 or is it dependent on which type of house you have.......

Good thinking Marksquirt. I am not sure though if all houses pay €300 or is it dependent on which type of house you have.......
    Well if we take €300 as an average and work off that? The duplex/apartments will be paying more as they will have to contribute to the insurance of their building but i can't imagine it's too substantial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Daragh11080

Hi lads, just had a look at 4 bed and was impressed only 2 left.

They are looking for 320,000, bit over my budget - how much you think I could bargain for?????????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 oonions

Hi Folks,
    Does anyone know whats happening with Metro West? There seems to be activity in the field adjacent every now and then. Am I fooling myself to think that they are working there:confused:

Hi Oonions,

this link might provide some useful info. Looks like our train station won't be opening until the developer finishes the road off!!!!!:eek:

http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/general_news.asp?action=view&news_id=866

Heard on the radio this AM on the news it is ready for opening and will be opened next month, that is, the line is opening next month, said nothing about our stop though. The train is going to be going to Docklands, I think this is madness, they need way more trains going to Connolly in my opinion.

Thanks for the link Marksquirt, the way things are looking and going on the development side of things, I think Barnwell Hansfield will be a ghost station for many years to come :-( Grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

Heard on the radio this AM on the news it is ready for opening and will be opened next month, that is, the line is opening next month, said nothing about our stop though. The train is going to be going to Docklands, I think this is madness, they need way more trains going to Connolly in my opinion.

Ah come on it's not that bad, docklands is central enough you have the Luas nearby, Macken St bridge to pearse street the 151 and can change at Clonsilla for Connolly and maynooth. Plus trains will go to Connolly not docklands at the weekend

Have to disagree Thomasj, especially since I work the far southside of the city centre. Docklands is great if you work there, I don't. I just think from getting the train myself ( I don't anymore) that more trains should be going to Connolly for the crowds that get the train in the mornings. Its weekdays they need more trains, not weekends so going to Connolly at weekends is pointless really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

But there is no space in Connolly, hence the reason why docklands was built for pace services

You can always change over in Clonsilla or coolmine if you are heading south of connolly

Ironically, it was a planning decision on hansfield that helped bring about docklands now it doesn't even look like the station at hansfield will be open first day the line is in operation

• Registered Users Posts: 31 duran

jees, that is annoying! the major selling point of these houses was that we would have a train station on the estate! there seems to be quite a bit of activity on the estate lately and in the area at the station so hopefully they'll start on that road soon. looks like savills will have to change that huge banner at the entrance of the estate promising the opening of the train station in summer 2010.........

duran wrote: »
    jees, that is annoying! the major selling point of these houses was that we would have a train station on the estate!

More importantly there was an Strategic Development Zone which it supposed to be legally binding agreement but looks like *again* planning is always in favour of the builders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I have followed this thread for since it's start, it's now running two and ahalf years and this is post number 601.

It is obvious that there are some serious issues in relation to the management company. By just ignoring them and or not paying your annual management fee the problems will remain.

It is now time that the residents come together and have an actual meeting to discuss the massive range of issues that had been mentioned here.

Advertisement