Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭central

Hi,

Does anybody know which Parish Barnwell Hansfield belongs to? The only Church I know of in the area is Porterstown (St. Mochta's) on Porterstown Road near Luttrellstown Castle, is this our local Parish?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

central wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anybody know which Parish Barnwell Hansfield belongs to? The only Church I know of in the area is Porterstown (St. Mochta's) on Porterstown Road near Luttrellstown Castle, is this our local Parish?

I thinks it might actually be Hartstown http://www.st-ciarans-parish.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

prax wrote: »
    Hi Gwen

Thanks for the initiative. I propose we meet soon say the weekend of 20th or 27th. Let me know if I can be of any assistance on this matter.

I am trying to get an update re. the train station from various parties. Hope we'll have some news by the time we meet.

Thanks
    Prax

I noticed a lot of activity this morning and the last couple of weeks on the access road for the train station. Does anyone know if this is related to the actual access for Hansfield station or is it just development work for the housing estates along side it? Either way, it hopefully will clean up that section of Ongar as right now it is the ugliest part of the general Ongar/Hansfield area with the unfinished ghost estates. Although, if this was back on track, I would have expected all the politicians to be shouting about it from the rooftops claimin it was their influence to earn a few votes!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ghusk

I heard over the weekend that the road is being completed by Fingal co co at the minute and then they will sort out payment etc with mphb.

The council want the train station open to relieve the traffic and parking issues at Clonsilla. Not sure of a completion date though. You could ring fingal and I'm sure they would have more info.

ghusk wrote: »
    I heard over the weekend that the road is being completed by Fingal co co at the minute and then they will sort out payment etc with mphb.

I wonder will the closed of access to the unfinished/unoccupied houses it a very lager area to have open to the public

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 prax

I contacted the council and attached is the latest meeting minutes which I received from them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I contacted the council and attached is the latest meeting minutes which I received from them
    CASTLEKNOCK/MULHUDDART AREA COMMITTEE
    (SERVICES B) MEETING
    PLANNING, HOUSING, COMMUNITY RECREATION & AMENITIES
    AND GENERAL BUSINESS
    3RD FEBRUARY, 2011
    ITEM NO.
    ISSUES RE OPENING OF HANSFIELD RAIL STATION
    MOTION: Councillor R. Coppinger
    “That the Manager gives an update on the issues around the opening of
    Hansfield Rail Station.”
    REPORT:
    To secure the opening and active operation of Hansfield Rail Station, active
    ongoing meetings are underway with the Rail operator Iarnrod Eireann,
    Fingal County Council, Manor Park Homes/Menolly/SDZ
    Landowners/Developers, who have responsibility for delivery of the road/car
    park to the station. The NTA and Minister for Transport are aware of the
    discussions and progress to date.
    The parties are fully cognisant of their responsibilities and are positively
    seeking the means to build the connecting road. Terms of agreement are
    being examined and detailed in respect of:
    financing the road construction, station based car parking, nomination
    of agency with responsibility for road construction and management
    of the facilities.
    On finalisation/acceptance by the parties, the necessary formal statutory
    procedures, will be detailed and publicised. Subsequent to satisfactory
    outcomes from the formal statutory procedures construction/opening of the
    connecting road/car park to Hansfield Rail Station, will be put in place.

Some of you might recall "Yes Minister, Yes Priminister".
    Reading the answer above I am so delighted to see that Sir Humphrey is alive and well and gainfully employed by Fingal County Council :D

What a crock of utter horse manure!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dubdec99

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Some of you might recall "Yes Minister, Yes Priminister".
    Reading the answer above I am so delighted to see that Sir Humphrey is alive and well and gainfully employed by Fingal County Council :D

What a crock of utter horse manure!

Perfectly put, Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭central

Hi, I just wondered had anyone else heard anything since about our fees? I got another letter in the post from Wallis last week telling me how much I owe them. I am still reluctant to hand over money as A. I really can't afford it and B. I don't think we should have to hand over money for an unfinished housing estate, let alone road to train station! and C. Apart from the playground area what are we paying for WmaintenanceW of??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Hey guys, on a separate topic - I'm having some trouble with my front door. It has become very stiff to close and now the handle has broken off!

Does anyone have contact details for the company that installed the doors? If possible I'd like to buy a matching part and fix it myself rather than hiring a locksmith.

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gaga_lady

And on a different topic again :D
    How are people finding parking these days? Do ye think it would be a good idea to paint lines for parking spaces - the erratic parking bugs me sometimes, when people dont park straight and so fewer cars fit. Or is it just me?

gaga_lady wrote: »
    And on a different topic again :D
    How are people finding parking these days? Do ye think it would be a good idea to paint lines for parking spaces - the erratic parking bugs me sometimes, when people dont park straight and so fewer cars fit. Or is it just me?

I suggest you contact your managment company or residents committee (if Hansfield has one) to seek advice on this and request they organise it as I doubt residents would be allowed to paint such lines on common areas (what's to stop you painting lines outside your house in gaudy pink and your neighbour up the road doing same in glow in the dark green? Also, who polices how wide apart you paint the lines - Mr Bad Reverser might decide to paint his lines 3 meters apart?!). You could possibly be charged with vandalism! Someone in Ongar tried this with silver paint outside a row of terraced houses a while back but they seemed to be removed not long after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Carpenter09

Dr teeth try balmar.ie for replacement door handles and locks there based in ballymount near tv3.if they dont have what you want they should be able to get it in for you.i dont know the company who fitted the doors but if you ring the builders they should let you know.if you need any help give me a shout back.

Anyone having problems with their gas boiler? Ours is on the blink again (about the 5th time in 20 months), orange flashing light which means low water pressure. Normally I can fix it by playing with the valve in the hot press but it's not doing the trick this time....only got the boiler serviced about a week ago too....very frustrating - is it a problem out of our control such as low water pressure from outside?

the most recent update I received re. hansfield train station is that the developer was looking to get money for his land being used to build the access road!

there is a meeting organised by Cllr Ruth Coppinger and anyone interested in an action group on this issue meet this weekend to discuss some form of action / demonstration to get the station open.

Meet in the cafe on Ongar Main Street (Douglas & Kaldi) on this SUNDAY at 12.30pm for an hour.

the most recent update I received re. hansfield train station is that the developer was looking to get money for his land being used to build the access road!.

Money from whom:confused::confused::confused:. The condition of the developer getting permission to build houses/apts on that site was that they built an access road to the station along with other amenities (creche etc). The onus was on them to fund and build the road on their land. What a farce!!

I'd still like to know what the recent activity with trucks/diggers etc was up to for a few weeks on the approach to the station. If there is a still an impasse on the access road, then what was that recent activity related to?

ongarboy wrote: »
    Money from whom:confused::confused::confused:. The condition of the developer getting permission to build houses/apts on that site was that they built an access road to the station along with other amenities (creche etc). The onus was on them to fund and build the road on their land. What a farce!!

Oh very true
    ongarboy wrote: »
    I'd still like to know what the recent activity with trucks/diggers etc was up to for a few weeks on the approach to the station. If there is a still an impasse on the access road, then what was that recent activity related to?

I think they where removing top soil, its worth some money

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

All,

Please see email below from Ruth Coppinger

Hello all,

The long-running negotiations on Hansfield train station appear to be going nowehere. The latest information I have been given by a senior official of Fingal Council is that the developer was looking to get money for his land being used to build the access road!

I think that enough is enough. We have waited patiently for five months for a conclusion. Now we need to apply pressure and people power, particularly as the new Minister for Transport is a TD for this area.

To this end, I am proposing that anyone interested in an action group on this issue meet this weekend to discuss some form of action / demonstration to get the station open.

Meet in the cafe on Ongar Main Street (Douglas & Kaldi) on this SUNDAY at 12.30pm for an hour.

Please let me know if you can make it.

kind regards

Cllr Ruth Coppinger
    Tel 087 6730187

• Registered Users Posts: 31 duran

I missed the meeting, did anyone else make it? Any news? Ta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gaga_lady

Hi folks,
    just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the post. Over the past six months I've had letters delivered that weren't addressed to my house on 3 ocassions (once 2 letters together with 2 different addresses). I'm getting a bit worried now that my post is getting delivered to wrong addresses too.
    Has this happened anyone else or am I jinxed :rolleyes:
    Ta

• Advertisement

Dr_Teeth wrote: »
    Hey guys, on a separate topic - I'm having some trouble with my front door. It has become very stiff to close and now the handle has broken off!

Does anyone have contact details for the company that installed the doors? If possible I'd like to buy a matching part and fix it myself rather than hiring a locksmith.

Cheers!

a late reply but if you haven't sorted it out yet, www.aspectjoinery.ie is the company who installed doors in Barnwell. I had them fit an extra lock for my main door.

duran wrote: »
    I missed the meeting, did anyone else make it? Any news? Ta.

Since I was away, I missed it as well but there's another meeting coming up in May. I'll keep you all posted.

Public meeting
    Thursday May 5th 7.30-9pm,
    Castaheany Educate Together NS

Please see attached

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

marksquirt wrote: »
    All,

Please see email below from Ruth Coppinger

Hello all,

The long-running negotiations on Hansfield train station appear to be going nowehere. The latest information I have been given by a senior official of Fingal Council is that the developer was looking to get money for his land being used to build the access road!

I think that enough is enough. We have waited patiently for five months for a conclusion. Now we need to apply pressure and people power, particularly as the new Minister for Transport is a TD for this area.

To this end, I am proposing that anyone interested in an action group on this issue meet this weekend to discuss some form of action / demonstration to get the station open.

Please let me know if you can make it.

kind regards

Cllr Ruth Coppinger
    Tel 087 6730187

id say get in touch with varadkar, see what he says.

When he was elected and announced minister for transport there was a local article (community voice i think) which asked him about local transport issues which he replies his priorities were the 37 extension to the centre and the opening of the hansfield station. The 37 is now sorted so you never know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ron123

Public meeting
    Thursday May 5th 7.30-9pm,
    Castaheany Educate Together NS

Please see attached
    Hi All,

Just to fill people in on the latest with the train station and community centres.
    I attended the meeting in the school last night with Ruth Coppinger regarding the station and the currently closed community centres.
    There was a decent turnout and it is hoped to really kick on with things and get these facilities opened.

There is no new information to report, but Ruth is really trying to generate as much interest in this as possible. She says (and I agree) that we need numbers to start putting pressure on the TD’s and on Fingal CC.
    The plan at the moment is to raise everyones awareness as much as possible. There will be another meeting next Thursday in Castaheany National School at 7.30. Try to attend if possible. If you cant attend try to tell neighbours or other Ongar residents about it.

We need to start putting pressure and persistent pressure on these people if we ever want these facilities opened. Personally I am sick of seeing the sign in the estate saying station opening 2010. It’s a disgrace that the builders have got away with it so far and the more people power we generate the better.

I have a list of contact addresses for the TD’s in our area, including the minister for transport, I think it would be great if we could all start hassling these people to start things moving here. I am a bit against putting up TD’s contact details on this thread as they may be taken down but if you want them I can PM you or else best thing is to turn up to the meetings and get them yourself and have your say.

Cheers,

R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kimjoey

Anyone know when the next meeting is for the train station? Also, can anyone else near the crescent hear that dog barking all the time? Very annoying, sounds like the poor thing is just left outside all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 31 duran

Hi all, anyone else experiencing problems with their boiler? Mine is a vokera mynute 25 ehe. Green light is flashing and nothing happening with the boiler. Anyone any ideas on this?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ron123

Kimjoey wrote: »
    Anyone know when the next meeting is for the train station?

Hi,

Next meeting is in the school on June 7th at 7.30pm.
    Try to spread the word to as many people as possible to come along.
    Leaflets to be dropped into all Barnwell residents this week with email addresses for TD's. PLEASE PLEASE email the TD's complaining about this station. The more people harassing the TD's the better.

Thanks.

Where would I get a replacement fence? One of the sections has blown down in the wind and is cracked and splintered

• Advertisement

dubdec99 wrote: »
    Where would I get a replacement fence? One of the sections has blown down in the wind and is cracked and splintered

Atlantic and B&Q sell them

Advertisement