Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

A number of residents recently met up to discuss Wallis Property Management’s request for payment.

In advance of the AGM in November there will be a meeting of residents on Thursday 22nd September at 8pm in Kelly’s Pub, Ongar (Private Room).

It was suggested that on an interim basis all residents defer payment of fees until after the AGM in November at which stage it will be revisited.

In the meantime we would be grateful if you could email barnwell.residents@gmail.com with your email address and name so that everyone can be kept up to date.
    A facebook page will also be set up to which residents only will have access. This will be done on an invitation only basis and will require your email address.

We look forward to meeting you all on the 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 noBrain

Hi All,
    I live in 13 Barnwell Crescent. I am going to cheat a little and ask two questions.

Unfortunately the developer made a mess of my back garden which I now have to fix. I am thinking of paving it over. Has anyone in the estate done this and if so could they let me know who did it for them. Alternatively I may just pull off the top soil and reseed it.

Secondly I received a letter from our property management company asking for payment of fees. Checking the previous posts I am going to postpone payment. Is this the general concensus

Ciaran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sylbond

Hi Guys!!! Few days ago one of our car been stolen...(toyota cynos sports/black) was parked in Barnwell Lane...we didn't use that car over a year(battery was dead) so it had to be either pulled or lifted by the other car..we did ask managment company and builders, if they removed it? they said no. wondering if anybody seen anything? please let us know.THNX

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭central

Hi Ciaran,

Yes, the general concensus seems to be to hold off on payment of fees until our questions and issues are answered and dealt with. There will be a meeting on 22nd September for all Barnwell Residents in the pub (downstairs where pool table is) so I suggest you try and make this meeting where all our concerns will be discussed and a plan of action put into play.

Central

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 thewillows

shellymce wrote: »
    Has anyone else bought in barnwell under the easisteps scheme??? We are and when we came to view the house we said we were doing easisteps and we were told that appliances were included with the sale. Now contracts have gone out and now we are being told that they don't come with the house 'conveniently'... Was anyone else promised the appliances and refused them when it was close to the sale???? There seems to be so many people walking away from these houses... I'm wondering if they have been promised the sun moon and stars to get people interested then when the deposits are paid they get shafted.... Anyone else have this issue???

Hi
    We where going to go on the easysteps also and was on the way up to pay deposit and we had also picked out the hosue we wanted and yes we where also told we would get everything in the house down to the floors and that the rent per month would be E1200 max pcm for the yr but then they droped a bomb shell and told us not we dnt get anything in the house it comes as you see it now which is a bare shell, and that rent for the year would be E1400 pcm when we questioned this Jenny from Savills very rudly said human error and shook her shoulders. I told her we would not be buying as this was not very professional she said thats fine I'll put it back on the market then. The house is still not sold HAHA and now they prices have gone down major big time wonder why???????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 shellymce

Hi
    We where going to go on the easysteps also and was on the way up to pay deposit and we had also picked out the hosue we wanted and yes we where also told we would get everything in the house down to the floors and that the rent per month would be E1200 max pcm for the yr but then they droped a bomb shell and told us not we dnt get anything in the house it comes as you see it now which is a bare shell, and that rent for the year would be E1400 pcm when we questioned this Jenny from Savills very rudly said human error and shook her shoulders. I told her we would not be buying as this was not very professional she said thats fine I'll put it back on the market then. The house is still not sold HAHA and now they prices have gone down major big time wonder why???????[/Quo

Hi there

Thanks for that, I knew Jenny made those promises to get us interested in the house. She knew from the beginning how we were buying the house and promised us everything! She has back tracked on everything, she doesn't answer emails and keeps fobbing us off! We snagged our house 2 months ago and and all the fittings were ripped out, toilets, boilers, sinks, bath, Any light switches and fittings also all the radiators! Looks like the builders never paid up and they ripped everything out!!!

Does everyone else know the builders went into receivership 4 weeks ago!!!!

Anyone else think to proceed with the sale would be madness????

Thanks

I would suggest you make contact with a solicitor if you wish to continue with the sale. They will be best placed to advise you.

Hi there

Thanks for that, I knew Jenny made those promises to get us interested in the house. She knew from the beginning how we were buying the house and promised us everything! She has back tracked on everything, she doesn't answer emails and keeps fobbing us off! We snagged our house 2 months ago and and all the fittings were ripped out, toilets, boilers, sinks, bath, Any light switches and fittings also all the radiators! Looks like the builders never paid up and they ripped everything out!!!

Does everyone else know the builders went into receivership 4 weeks ago!!!!

Anyone else think to proceed with the sale would be madness????

Thanks[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kreontas

Hi,

thinking of buying a house in barnwell,but my solicitor says that they can not register land on my name because manor park builders went bust and left a mess behind it,what should i do? does it mean that all house built by manor park builders will have the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lmd

SKY

Hi all, just wondering if anyone is having problems with their skybox?? I have contacted sky who told me that I would have to get engineer out at a cost of €100.
    Ive been having problems for a while now regarding some stations freezing C4, More4, some music stations. An engineer came out earlier this year to try and fix it but didnt work. Depending on the weather they come through! Couple of weeks ago the remote stopped working and I had to pay €35 for new one and now yesterday none of the channels are working and now I have to wait on Friday between 8am-5pm for this engineer.
    Im seriously thinking of switching to UPC? Has anyone got them? How do you find the service?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

how much are the houses up there these days i heard they were letting them go for 100k but the estate is like a building site and ongar village is <snip> a modern Irish multicultural ghetto living in houses paid for buy the state and their daddies driving taxis

• Advertisement

Hey LMD

Had sky before and never really had any trouble with it. With UPC and the service is fine, can't complain and I don't remember it ever being down.
    If I were you I'd do a little threatening of moving to UPC unless they sort your issues out - cost free! Usually does the trick

lmd wrote: »
    SKY

Hi all, just wondering if anyone is having problems with their skybox?? I have contacted sky who told me that I would have to get engineer out at a cost of €100.
    Ive been having problems for a while now regarding some stations freezing C4, More4, some music stations. An engineer came out earlier this year to try and fix it but didnt work. Depending on the weather they come through! Couple of weeks ago the remote stopped working and I had to pay €35 for new one and now yesterday none of the channels are working and now I have to wait on Friday between 8am-5pm for this engineer.
    Im seriously thinking of switching to UPC? Has anyone got them? How do you find the service?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

anthonyos banned for a week from D15. There is no place for that sort of language in this forum, use it again and the next ban will be permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

I spotted graffiti on the end houses of the estate nearest the train station...wonder if the builder is going to paint over it?

Hi guys.

Do you know if there is possibility of building extension to the back garden?
    Do you think i will need permision to do so from management company?
    Also, do i need permission for attic conversion?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

any news on the train station?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Leo Varadkar's website below said this week that the building of the access road will start soon so maybe we'll see an opening by Christmas.

http://www.leovaradkar.ie/?p=1530#more-1530

April 25th, 2012

Progress on Hansfield Station as work to start on access road – Varadkar

Minister for Transport, Tourism & Sport Leo Varadkar has announced further progress for Hansfield Station with work set to start on the vital access road this year.

Minister Varadkar said Hansfield Station will finally be able to open to the public when the access road has been completed.

“This marks real progress for Hansfield Station, which cannot open for use until a proper access road has been put in place. I look forward to work starting on the road so that the station will finally be able to offer regular services to passengers,” Minister Varadkar said.
    The development follows the recent transfer of land for the road into public ownership. Irish Rail is currently preparing tenders, with a contractor likely to be selected within a couple of months. Work is due to start on the road later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dubdamian

Is anybody buying a house from the receiver at the moment? We've been waiting over 4 months to finalize the contract and can't get the keys? Is anybody in the same situation? It looks like they've sold 35 houses since they went into the receivership, but was anybody able to move in?

Dubdamien, I have signed the contracts last week and Jenny from Savillis said it will take 4 weeks to finish up the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

If you don't mind my asking, how much are the houses going for now?

Hi,
    I have paid 165k for 3bed with kitchen extension
    Dr_Teeth wrote: »
    If you don't mind my asking, how much are the houses going for now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Kurious Oranj

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone has problems with their boiler. Mine stops working every few weeks and instead of the stationary red light there is a flashing yellow light. I think this means the pressure is low. I have tried turning the tap in the hot press but this makes no difference. I had a service recently and he didn't find any problems but this has happened to me a few times. It usually doesn't work for a few days and then is fine. Does anyone else have this problem and do I need to get a plumber or is there something I can do to solve it? Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dubdec99

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone has problems with their boiler. Mine stops working every few weeks and instead of the stationary red light there is a flashing yellow light. I think this means the pressure is low. I have tried turning the tap in the hot press but this makes no difference. I had a service recently and he didn't find any problems but this has happened to me a few times. It usually doesn't work for a few days and then is fine. Does anyone else have this problem and do I need to get a plumber or is there something I can do to solve it? Thanks a lot.

Yep, had the same problem on a couple of occasions, ended up having to get rid of the automatic valve in the hot press and replacing it with a manual one. Now anytime the water pressure drops I just twist the valve, wait a few seconds, then all is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

Hi there

your pressure relief valve maybe leaking therefor your system is losing pressure that needs to be checked and replaced if needed and a manual filing valve fittted with a pressure gauge is simple to use

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kurious Oranj

anthonyos wrote: »
    your pressure relief valve maybe leaking therefor your system is losing pressure that needs to be checked and replaced if needed and a manual filing valve fittted with a pressure gauge is simple to use

Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 oolekkk

Hi there
    I’m going to buy house in this estate, can some one tell what internet provider you are all using there. Is there any chance to use NTL?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

I am sure UPC is available there.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

Yep, I have UPC...for last 2 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Yep, I have UPC...for last 2 years now.

I've been on Eircom DSL here for the last 2 years but want to get something faster. The Eircom line might be slow but there's been zero down-time since I got it installed, while I've heard UPC isn't as reliable. What's the service like?

Thanks for replays, I was looking for UPC exactly as I am using now

• Advertisement

Dr_Teeth: I'm using UPC NTL for over 2 years in diffrent area and is quite good

Advertisement