Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Hi

I am hoping to buy in Barnwell at the moment. Have the deposit paid. The underwriters have come back and said they would be unwilling to lend in Barnwell as it is an unfinished estate. They said that they looked the property up on google maps and saw that the estate is unfinished. The mortgage advisor has since got back to the underwriters advising them that google maps is dated about 4 years ago and the estate has since been further developed. We are just awaiting the underwriters response.

I was just wondering has anybody else who has purchased in Barnwell from the receivers encountered similar problems???
    The lender is boi.

Thanks

Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

Hi

I am hoping to buy in Barnwell at the moment. Have the deposit paid. The underwriters have come back and said they would be unwilling to lend in Barnwell as it is an unfinished estate. They said that they looked the property up on google maps and saw that the estate is unfinished. The mortgage advisor has since got back to the underwriters advising them that google maps is dated about 4 years ago and the estate has since been further developed. We are just awaiting the underwriters response.

I was just wondering has anybody else who has purchased in Barnwell from the receivers encountered similar problems???
    The lender is boi.

Thanks

Darren

Hi Darren,
    The estate is classed as an unfinished housing estate but is not in the same category as most (we are nearer the completion stage). There is a residents committee in place who are currently working with all involved parties to get the estate to the handover status. I know there have been recent sales in the estate (I personally have 2 new neighbours!) and therefore imagine there is a way around it.
    In the meantime if you have any further queries about the estate please do not hesitate to contact me or any of the committee via barnwell.residents@gmail.com We're happy to help :D
    Regards
    Lesley
    Secretary
    Barnwell Hansfield Residents Committee

Thanks for the reply Lesley....have actually received the loan offer today in the post so thats that hurdle over with. Just wonder what the next problem will be...jeez buying a house is not half stressfull.
    Thanks for the info about the committee, thats going to come in handy!!!
    With any luck we will soon be neighbours!!!

Thanks for the reply Lesley....have actually received the loan offer today in the post so thats that hurdle over with. Just wonder what the next problem will be...jeez buying a house is not half stressfull.
    Thanks for the info about the committee, thats going to come in handy!!!
    With any luck we will soon be neighbours!!!

That's fantastic news. I'm delighted for you. The first but most important hurdle! Exciting times ahead of you now!

Well you know where we are should you need us and the best of luck with completing the sale.

Lesley

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

That's good to see more houses occupied in that area so that it loses that tumbleweed type atmosphere! It would be worrying if any underwriters refused loans for Barnwell. When I saw 119K being advertised for some properties I almost wept as I pay off my negative equity across the road in Ongar. :(

Best of luck with your purchase/move. They do say it is second only to death as regards stress but nothing beats the satisfaction of sitting down on your sofa (or even cardboard box!) the first night in your new home and being able to say "this is my house"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 dawkcn

hello!Glad to find this post about Barnwell. I want to buy a house here, is it a nice area? Safe enough to bring up families?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 shellymce

dawkcn wrote: »
    hello!Glad to find this post about Barnwell. I want to buy a house here, is it a nice area? Safe enough to bring up families?

Hi there, I'm living in Barnwell since December 2011 and its a lovely estate, very new and lots of young children!!! Neighbours are very nice and it's a very quite place to live!!!!

dubdamian wrote: »
    Is anybody buying a house from the receiver at the moment? We've been waiting over 4 months to finalize the contract and can't get the keys? Is anybody in the same situation? It looks like they've sold 35 houses since they went into the receivership, but was anybody able to move in?

Took ages for us too.. 6 months to be exact but I bought last summer and moved in in dec 2011... Took ages as they are doing the houses in stages... Hope u got the keys by now, people are starting to move in on my road, which up until now only had 4 houses taken!

Hi

The lender is boi.

Thanks

Darren

Finally got the keys today, we are now officially Barnwell residents, well we won't be moving in for a little while but will probably be up there every day lol!!

Took little over 3 months from initial deposit to getting the keys but it's all over now thank god, well until the bills come haha.

This thread has been my bible for the past 3 months. Thanks to everyone for their posts.

Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭central

Welcome to Barnwell Hansfield!

Committee are great and really proactive so thanks Cian, Lesley, Ronan and Prekash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Burks_ie

Just wondering has anybody attempted to mount their tv above the fireplace. If so what's the best way to go. Doesn't seem to be any studs to drill into. Any help appreciated thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

Hello, would anyone know if there are many 3 bed properties available for sale here still?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Burks_ie wrote: »
    Just wondering has anybody attempted to mount their tv above the fireplace. If so what's the best way to go. Doesn't seem to be any studs to drill into. Any help appreciated thanks

Timberframe houses should be studding 16 inch centres

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭central

Hi there,

I am living in the 2 bed Ivy and wondered if any of you in the Iris or Ivy have looked into an attic conversion?

I had an architect out to the house and he tells me we will need to lose part of the ensuite in order to get the stairs in for the attic, I think this is madness and that there has to be another way so wondered do any of you know?

We are also looking at adding an extension out the back to the kitchen, another sitting room. I don't see this being a problem but again, anyone done this? I know all paperwork and planning permission needs to be sought but my concern is losing the ensuite and having to put another one into the attic, seems pointless to me when there is one there already on the 1st floor.

Thanks.

Central

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dubdec99

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is legally possible to build an extension onto a townhouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

dubdec99 wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know if it is legally possible to build an extension onto a townhouse?
    I would suggest that you contact Fingal Co.Co to discuss this matter. There is a Planning Section in the FCC offices next to the Blanchardstown Centre. The public counter is open normal business hours Monday to Friday. I have always found the officials to be very helpful and can advise you on the planning process.

clicli wrote: »
    Hello, would anyone know if there are many 3 bed properties available for sale here still?

Hi there no 15 Barnwell terrace has just come back into the market and that's an end of terrace with side lane.. Also no 2 the terrace!!!

shellymce wrote: »
    Hi there no 15 Barnwell terrace has just come back into the market and that's an end of terrace with side lane.. Also no 2 the terrace!!!

Hi sorry for all the questions, are they being sold by the receiver or by private sellers?

Hi sorry for all the questions, are they being sold by the receiver or by private sellers?

Hi there no it's still being sold by the receivers... Contact Jenny (she is fairly useless and doesn't often tell the truth but she is the contact). Otherwise you could ask the site manager Enda for a viewing!!! House is lovely end of terrace with side lane (only a few with side lanes in estate) so a good house from what I can see...

Hi there

Still one available across the road from me on the terrace... No 15 end of terrace with side lane! Last one on our street

• Advertisement

shellymce wrote: »

Hi there

Still one available across the road from me on the terrace... No 15 end of terrace with side lane! Last one on our street

I was told by Jenny week that they had all been sold, I'll call her again on Monday, thank you for the update

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Thread-us Resurrectus!!

I live locally and have seen the works going on on the supposed access road to the Hansfield train station. Are the council actually working on this, or are they just drinking tea behind the wire fencing every day, as there seems to be NO progress from what I can see, and they've been there for at least a couple of months now. Can anybody shed any light on whether this issue has been sorted out in terms of who is in charge of actually finishing off this road and who is currently working on it?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Thread-us Resurrectus!!

I live locally and have seen the works going on on the supposed access road to the Hansfield train station. Are the council actually working on this, or are they just drinking tea behind the wire fencing every day, as there seems to be NO progress from what I can see, and they've been there for at least a couple of months now. Can anybody shed any light on whether this issue has been sorted out in terms of who is in charge of actually finishing off this road and who is currently working on it?

The land needed for the road seems to have been placed in public ownership and tenders seems to be in place for the road to be build.

However, it's not due to be completed until June at the earliest and the recent weather has not been very conducive to road building.

I have not seen the tender for this project but it's rare that projects are tendered for mainly on speed. The main requirement is usually lowest cost. But, in any case, I can't see how you can complain about the contractors when they are still within the deadline and there's likely lee way in the contract for weather delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Bear in mind that the slow work is often not the most visibly progressive so it may seem like not a lot is done when in fact it is. Road laying/tarmacadam, landscaping, street lighting may only need a few weeks where as foundation digging/drainage etc can take months.

I live across from there and see diggers/JCB movement most times I pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 crazzzyyy

hi just have a question..I bought one of the house ...just wondering where i can sign my litlle one 2 this new school which is goona b build ? thank u 4 all reply :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hi crazzzyyy, please don't use text speak when posting here, it makes your post virtually unreadable, and is not permitted on this site, thanks

ok sorry...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

crazzzyyy best thing you can do it get in touch with the dept of education and ask who is the patron for the new school going in and then get in touch with them.

Morag thank u its a good idea :)

• Advertisement

Hi Crazzy,

The new school is already open just located up the road in Littlepace. It is Blanchardstown West Educate Together School. Details can be found here: http://www.educatetogether.ie/fingal/blanchardstown-west-educate-together-ns

If you've recently purchased in Barnwell be sure to send me an email on barnwell.residents@gmail.com - we update residents regularly on relevant information.

Lesley

Advertisement