Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sabi6ka

gogreen81 wrote: »
    ohh yes we are. :)
    also moving early next year and hoping that the neighbors are nice. is your house being built right now? i know loads on new houses being built there at the moment.

Hi! Great to see some life here :) Our house is ready to move in. Right, lots of houses are under construction and I think our first year is going to be crazy as the construction is right near our future house :( agent told us that all the houses which are being build right now are all sold out and I really wonder how lucky we are to get ours. We think its a nice place to live and in future is going to be pretty well developed, hope we are right, fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Does anyone know where the second phase will be built, Across the road or further down towards the train station?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

T-K-O wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the second phase will be built, Across the road or further down towards the train station?

I think they may have started prep work this week. I saw the area around those awful ugly pylons has been cordoned off with safety barriers and diggers are out digging/levelling the land.

I read somewhere in the past (maybe Fingal council minutes) that a consideration to move the pylon cables underground was mooted by the council at one stage but that it would prove too costly so they will remain overground. A similar situation affects the residents of Allendale further east but I guess the upshot is that it creates an inadvertent green space that would otherwise have been developed.

Some major ramping up on construction in the current phase also. Foundations laid for all the new houses that will be positioned in the corner junction space just in from the main roundabout and the terrace of houses being built at the back has reached roof level.

ongarboy wrote: »
    I think they may have started prep work this week. I saw the area around those awful ugly pylons has been cordoned off with safety barriers and diggers are out digging/levelling the land.

I read somewhere in the past (maybe Fingal council minutes) that a consideration to move the pylon cables underground was mooted by the council at one stage but that it would prove too costly so they will remain overground. A similar situation affects the residents of Allendale further east but I guess the upshot is that it creates an inadvertent green space that would otherwise have been developed.

Some major ramping up on construction in the current phase also. Foundations laid for all the new houses that will be positioned in the corner junction space just in from the main roundabout and the terrace of houses being built at the back has reached roof level.

Those pylons were one of our concerns, we asked a builder company about moving them underground and they confirmed that unfortunately it's not going to happen. I really wouldn't like to live nearby, but as we found out they are more than 200m away from the buildings which shouldn’t cause any problems. But just to make sure we bought a gauss EMF meter and we are going to check numbers there soon. Maybe we are a bit overacting on this but when you make such an important decision and moving there with your kid that make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

Heard that there is a plan for dunnes and other small stores planned opposite to Barnwell . Left side of the road empty area where are see horses grazing at the moment . Any idea anyone ?? I know secondary school building school is also under construction . Is there any market planned for that area of anyone knows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Have a look at Fingal website for the SDZ layout and any live planning permissions. Id be surprised at any more shops going in while Ongar has a supermarket and isnt otherwise fully occupied.

Would be very surprised that Dunnes would locate a second store a few 100 meters down from their current store. I remember reading the original SDZ and some shops and commercial units were proposed along the main road down to the station but that may depend on the vast area of green fields to the east being developed for housing. Id say a Spar type shop and maybe a hair dresser would probably be the only sustainable businesses as Ongar village has everything and only a short walking distance away.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

Does anyone know which house was occupied by the protesters in Barnwell Lawn? www irishtimes com /news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/court-told-occupation-of-showhouse-by-protesters-to-end-1.2382376

UPDATE:
    OK, I found out which house was occupied. I decided not to post the number here, but the photo from the news site can give you a clue www rte ie /news/2015/1007/733029-show-house-protest/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

phoenix49 wrote: »
    Does anyone know which house was occupied by the protesters in Barnwell Lawn? www irishtimes com /news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/court-told-occupation-of-showhouse-by-protesters-to-end-1.2382376

UPDATE:
    OK, I found out which house was occupied. I decided not to post the number here, but the photo from the news site can give you a clue www rte ie /news/2015/1007/733029-show-house-protest/

It was the show house

billie1b wrote: »
    It was the show house

The show house is a terraced one, we had a viewing few months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Yes correct, it was that one, I was in it, I brought them some fresh scones with jam while they were there

billie1b wrote: »

Yes correct, it was that one, I was in it, I brought them some fresh scones with jam while they were there
    Of course you need to keep them content, otherwise they will occupy your next home too. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Guys, I am going to see the houses in Hansfield tomorrow and wondering if any of you knows the prices of 4 bed houses ? The websites have price for the three bed houses only. I heard only good things about them so far i.e. good build quality, ET schools onsite etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

bbari wrote: »
    Guys, I am going to see the houses in Hansfield tomorrow and wondering if any of you knows the prices of 4 bed houses ? The websites have price for the three bed houses only. I heard only good things about them so far i.e. good build quality, ET schools onsite etc.

I think they're just selling 3 beds at the minute, but I know the next phase will be on sale soon, and that should have four beds again

I think they're just selling 3 beds at the minute, but I know the next phase will be on sale soon, and that should have four beds again

I was there to see the show house earlier. The build quality seems pretty good. As you suggested, they are selling the three bed houses at the moment. Four bed houses are being built and will be ready around Mar/Apr 2016. The selling agent couldn't tell the price of the upcoming 4 bed houses as they haven't started selling them yet. Any idea how much the 4 bed houses were sold for in the phase 1 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I remember that one of theshowhouses was €330,000.00

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

4 bed terrace was 300
    End if terrace was 310 and showhouse was 330
    I hope I got it right but check the quality of construction.. I heard 2 story was better .. Don't know why there could be difference

gogreen81 wrote: »
    4 bed terrace was 300
    End if terrace was 310 and showhouse was 330
    I hope I got it right but check the quality of construction.. I heard 2 story was better .. Don't know why there could be difference

The banners on the railings outside say "from" €265000. I wonder which new homes they relate to?

ongarboy wrote:
    The banners on the railings outside say "from" €265000. I wonder which new homes they relate to?

That's for the 3 bed town house

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

I've bought one of the 4 bedroom ones. We're going to be the last ones to move in.

€320,000 is the price.

I rang up a while ago asking about the next phase and she told me that there were two cancellations on the 4beds. One around the corner which is an older stage one and then the one we got which is at the front beside the detached one.

Honestly, we were lucky that we could move fast on it and when the g/f went to view she really liked it.
    Having owned (just about to come off the mortgage) in Ravenswood and now living in Lucan with the g/f, the build quality in this place is much better than the crap that sprouted up during the '00s.

She couldnt tell me the price of the next phase either, most likely because it hasn't been negotiated yet. I wouldn't be surprised if its more than what we're paying.
    I do see the shell of another detached being built across the way and those are very nice.

• Advertisement

Thank you conor-mr2.
    Congratulations and best of luck. Hope everything goes well for you.
    €320 would be for the semi detached (not the double front)?

You are right, they can't quote the prices of 4 bed as of yet. if there was any cancellation she would have told so I guess we have to wait till Mar/Apr till they release prices.

Yeh, the detached are really nice, they are called Oak. They also sold few of the Oak styles but attached to another house for €355K while detached Oak was 370K.

incase if someone else is interested in prices, this is the info I could get so far
    Town house- 300
    Semi - 320
    double front - 335
    Oak semi - 355
    Oak detached - 370

We are in the process of purchasing of the double front one for 3 months now, solicitors still can't settle all the items which is very frustrating. I'm curious how was your experience dealing with them and how long did it take to close ?

Thanks Bbari and spot on...

The oak are nice. Id have liked one of those alright.

Mine is the Willow Type B.
    The Type A is the double front and that was 335 as you say.

Here's the original brochure:
    http://kellywalsh.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/HANSFIELD-CONTEMPORARY-COLLECTION-C.pdf

@phoenix are you buying on the Wilow type A on the corner there? Number 7 is it?
    That is very nice indeed and Id have liked that one. I was asking Helena if they cancel to let me know!!!

So on your question.. I'm using James Evans solicitors and thus far its been ok. We're yet to snag. The interior painters are in at the moment and we've gotten the tiling done.
    Im expecting it to be snaggable by next week and once we've agreed on snagging, Im expecting to be able to close after that.

What sort of issues are you experiencing?

Conor

Thanks @conor-m2! Yes, it is number 7 and I hope we won't cancel :D.

I'm using Cosgrove Gaynard, seems like it's not too bad in terms of them but Eversheds (seller's solicitor) is a bit slow. There's some kind of charge is remaining which is either Local Authority charge, or mortgage charge or Local authority mortgage charge - its not really clear and I'm a bit frustrated about that. This might be related to the fact that this property was cancelled before, as you mentioned earlier. Did you also have an issue with this charge? I booked the property back in end of August and I still hope that we could close before Christmas.

Good luck with your snag and further closing!

Drat.. although I did see you had moved in some stuff already :P

Looks like we'll be neighbours!

Ive not heard about that charge myself (yet).

The local authority haven't taken charge of the actual area so I don't see why there would be anything along those lines.

It could be the local property tax but Id be asking the solicitor for clarification.

We didn't move anything yet! I wonder what did you see inside? :O. I hope it is something temporary stored inside by EAs.

Hopefully we will be neighbours, fingers crossed!

A side question: what's up with UPC? Did they install their sockets? I will probably need to do more cabling inside, its 21st century and no ethernet cabling inside houses.

It was a table and chairs. Very nice too if I may say. You should probably ask to keep it then seeing as its in your place. :)

On the UPC front.. well Im with them here in Lucan and I've checked their site (https://www.virginmedia.ie/bundles/broadband-tv-phone/).
    Your address has the lot as well so it should be plug and play. Im bringing the crappy horizon black box and will probably get an archer c8.

However I've got about 300metres of cat6 cable sitting in the boot so I'll most likely cable up the house as well.
    I agree, its ridiculous there isn't ethernet already laid but I guess they're all about wireless (which I hate).

Im sure Ill have plenty of cat6 to spare if you're in need.

Conor

So excited, looking forward to move in, seems we are going to have a good neighbours :)

Hi Sabi6ka,

Yup I hope so..

Where are you moving into?

Conor

• Advertisement

conor-mr2 wrote: »
    It was a table and chairs. Very nice too if I may say. You should probably ask to keep it then seeing as its in your place. :)

On the UPC front.. well Im with them here in Lucan and I've checked their site (
    Your address has the lot as well so it should be plug and play. Im bringing the crappy horizon black box and will probably get an archer c8.

However I've got about 300metres of cat6 cable sitting in the boot so I'll most likely cable up the house as well.
    I agree, its ridiculous there isn't ethernet already laid but I guess they're all about wireless (which I hate).

Im sure Ill have plenty of cat6 to spare if you're in need.

Conor
    Lol, I will!

That's true, I checked the address a while ago and it wasn't available then, looks like they did set it up. I hate wireless too, its like you have a 200Mbit/s fiber to your box and you get a bottleneck in wireless segment - which is crazy, unless you get a proper router like c8 you mentioned. Anyway, I better cable up the house, to have an ethernet to my desktop.

Cat6 is good! Thanks! :)

I hope solicitors will figure out and settle remaining items soon.

P.S. Sabi6ka@ is my wife :D

Advertisement