Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Folks - do you know what will need to be done after you get keys and before you move in the house ?

My understanding is that it would be flooring (except floors in toilets) and white goods ?

I also heard that double front houses come with the flooring - is this correct ?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

bbari wrote: »
    Folks - do you know what will need to be done after you get keys and before you move in the house ?

My understanding is that it would be flooring (except floors in toilets) and white goods ?

I also heard that double front houses come with the flooring - is this correct ?

Our double front came with flooring just because it was a show house before (correct me if I'm wrong), its not a rule of thumb that double fronts are floored, usually all new houses are sold w/o flooring, and white goods are usually included in the price. At least this is the case for Hansfield and Brandon Sq.

Thank you. That could be the reason that the agent said double front was sold with flooring and I thought all double front houses come with the flooring. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

I can only tell you about my own house...

So from a tiling perspective if you go with the onsite tilers they are allowed to go in, in advance of you receiving the keys, and do tiling for you.
    We got our tiles from Project Tile Designs and the onsite tiling team went and did the tiling for us. (JimmyOConnor Tiling).
    Im particualrly pleased with the tiling (Hallway, Kitchen, WC, Bathrom and Ensuite)

I'm putting laminate flooring down in the sitting room myself after we get the keys and again we're getting stairs+bedrooms carpetted. Again after we move in.

We signed within the time limit so we're getting our white goods. They will be there for us when we get the keys.

As Phoenix said, their house was the showhouse so had the flooring all done.

So you bought the tiles and they put them on for you?

I know the hallway and kitchen tiles aren't included in the price but WC, Bathroom and Ensuite tiles are included - right ?

Apologies for asking all the stupid questions!

• Advertisement

You should ask to view a non-show house and let the EA show you the house you are going to get, usually it is a house without any flooring in rooms, but with tiles and flooring and in WCs (including taps, etc). Kitchen white goods are also usually included in the price. So in the end you will have ready to use WCs and kitchen.

Your questions are totally sane, for example I thought that all the furniture like in show houses will be included in the price and I'll get a ready to move in house! Stupid me :D

Thank you. I'll do that. Fours beds in the new phase are being built so I guess I'll wait till Mar/Apr. I was trying to get an idea of the costs after getting the keys :)

Totally agree.. no such thing as a stupid question.

I did buy the tiles and they put them in for me.

There were no tiles on my flooring anywhere.
    There were tiles on the wall around the shower in the ensuite and around the bath in the bathroom but nowhere else.

I've attached a crappy screenshot from a video of the house. You can see the tiles are on the wall but not the floor. This is the ensuite.

Thanks for that Conor.
    Will you be able to put a screen around that shower tray or will you have to change the tray as well if you like to put the screen unit ?
    Thats one of the two things I disliked about the house and other thing was that on the second floor they have Ensuite only, so the person in the other bedroom will have to go upstairs or downstairs. IF and WHEN I get to make the deal, I was hoping to find a way to make the Ensuite as a shared one between the two rooms. It seems doable as you can put a door thru the walk in wardrobe. May be a daft idea!

Alas I forgot to measure but Ill be grabbing a quadrant shower door similar to
    http://www.showerdoorsonline.ie/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Quadrant_Shower__53d6c9fcf31ff.jpg

They dont put in the doors themselves but its not too difficult a job at all.

Door thru the walk in wardrobe.. lol my g/f would kill me!! That's the main reason we're getting the house. Walk-in wardrobe this, walk-in wardobe that :D:D

• Advertisement

conor-mr2 wrote: »
    Alas I forgot to measure but Ill be grabbing a quadrant shower door similar to
    http://www.showerdoorsonline.ie/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Quadrant_Shower__53d6c9fcf31ff.jpg

They dont put in the doors themselves but its not too difficult a job at all.

Door thru the walk in wardrobe.. lol my g/f would kill me!! That's the main reason we're getting the house. Walk-in wardrobe this, walk-in wardobe that :D:D

Sounds familiar.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭root69

Is there still a showhouse and do you know when its open for viewings? Thanks

There are I believe for the 3 bedroom ones yes. My advice would be to contact Kelly Walsh homes (http://kellywalsh.ie/property/barnwell-square-at-hansfield-3/) and ask to speak to Helena about Hansfield.

As Conor suggested, 3 beds show houses on view on Sat and Sun between 2 and 4.

I guess show house is only remaining house, do they sell it? Or they keep it as a show house for the ones which they are building right now? Its impressive how fast the build.

All the 3 bed town houses are sold and most of the 3 beds semi Ds are still available to buy. Thats as as at last Sunday.

I just called the EA to see if show houses open this weekend, she said its by appointment only from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ck0

Hello guys - future neighbours)

I am also going to buy a house in Hansfield, on Barnwell Square. That is right, from now on houses are by appointments only. As I remember from last Sunday there were 3 houses available on Barnwell Square North and one double-fronted house on Barnwel Square West (number 8 from the brochure which can be found here - http:// photos-a . propertyimages . ie/media/7/6/4/3124467/ce529333-894d-47a0-9f44-abb54ad328b9.pdf ).

Quick question here, did somebody of you were dealing with Solicitor whom advices EA? (Niall Black). If somebody had any experience, did everything went well?
    Also would like to clarify who already did flooring or in progress, what is approximate price if go with Jimmy OConnor (the one who is approved to do flooring while the builder is working). We are going to have tiles in hall, kitchen and bathrooms; all rooms with laminate and stairs with carpet. But we don't have any clue about the price they may ask. This is for 3 bedroom house)

Thanks!

ck0 wrote: »
    Hello guys - future neighbours)
    Also would like to clarify who already did flooring or in progress, what is approximate price if go with Jimmy OConnor (the one who is approved to do flooring while the builder is working). We are going to have tiles in hall, kitchen and bathrooms; This is for 3 bedroom house)

Thanks!

My price for tiles in hall, kitchen and bathrooms including tiles and labour costs was €5200. Most of the expense was on labour of course.
    I also got corryboard put down over the tiles so no dirty boots would scrape tiles until I move in.

Ill let you draw your own conclusions from that. Im pleased with the quality of the work and happy I didnt have to wait until after I get the keys in order to get tiling organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Change2016

Hello recent posters.. Neighbours
    Wanted to check is anyone has an idea on what's going on with the next phase of construction/ handover. I was told that the house is complete and get the snag and it will take 3-4 days after that. Now told that the papers are with fingal county council for registration. So wait another few weeks. Is anyone getting their house before Xmas. Was told Oct and looks like it will be December by the time I get keys and that too not sure.
    Also what else is required apart from final county registration - the guys in site office has no clue it seems. So not closing date
    Looking for some info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Change2016

Change2016 wrote: »
    Wanted to check is anyone has an idea on what's going on with the next phase of construction/ handover. I was told that the house is complete and get the snag and it will take 3-4 days after that. Now told that the papers are with fingal county council for registration. So wait another few weeks. Is anyone getting their house before Xmas. Was told Oct and looks like it will be December by the time I get keys and that too not sure.
    Also what else is required apart from final county registration - the guys in site office has no clue it seems. So not closing date
    Looking for some info
    looking for some responses guys.. Anyone moving in before Xmas ?

Change2016 wrote: »
    Looking for some info

Hi Change2016, we are in similar situation, we made a booking for a house in the end of August and until now we can't even get the contracts signed due to some paperwork expected from the Fingal county. That's why no closing date here as well. As for now I'm pretty negative and I don't believe this will be handled before Xmas. Are you buying one from the new phase or old one?

I had snagging done today. There were a few things but the surveyor said the house was particularly well finished. Theres about 1-2 days work in snagging terms.

I was present as well so he will email the snag list to the builder on monday.

That fingal co co thing is nothing to do with the developer. Throughout stages of the build assigned certifier reports are completed, these ultimately end up being summarised as the final cert which needs to be done by fingal co co before it can be signed off as being compliant with building regulations and youre allowed into the house. Chase up with solicitors on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

phoenix49 wrote: »
    Hi Change2016, we are in similar situation, we made a booking for a house in the end of August and until now we can't even get the contracts signed due to some paperwork expected from the Fingal county. That's why no closing date here as well. As for now I'm pretty negative and I don't believe this will be handled before Xmas. Are you buying one from the new phase or old one?
    thanks, I think ours was the first lot.
    Am hoping to get the keys keys next week now.
    No Upc connection so far there.looks like am the first one facing all the issues so getting it sorted for all the neighbours ;)
    the main site man is a big pain.. he is the main point of contact but doesnt know anything . last week he said upc was already done.. whatever he says doesnt get done in time.
    anyways expecting it to be sorted before xmas now.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

thanks, yes i think its all sorted now.
    as i said the site man has no clue on whats going on.. or hes just lying.
    mine is a long story but dealing with solicitor now so expecting it to be sorted.
    Surprisingly the agent also washed her hands off everything when she came to know about delays.

pity that the houses and the location is so good, but then the experience with a couple of ppl spoils everything and turns trhings into negative.
    conor-mr2 wrote: »
    I had snagging done today. There were a few things but the surveyor said the house was particularly well finished. Theres about 1-2 days work in snagging terms.

I was present as well so he will email the snag list to the builder on monday.

That fingal co co thing is nothing to do with the developer. Throughout stages of the build assigned certifier reports are completed, these ultimately end up being summarised as the final cert which needs to be done by fingal co co before it can be signed off as being compliant with building regulations and youre allowed into the house. Chase up with solicitors on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 danairl

Does anybody know how much is the annual management fee,please....Met Helena Kelleher few days ago, but both of us forgot to ask..Thank you

danairl wrote: »
    Does anybody know how much is the annual management fee,please....Met Helena Kelleher few days ago, but both of us forgot to ask..Thank you

I remember reading it somewhere that its €250. is it three bed you are looking at ?

I think unlike apartment blocks, the management fee is the same for three or four bed houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 blackbelted

Hi all,

I am also wondering how is the area like in Barnwell square, Hansfield. Considering to buy 3 bed house.It's reasonable price comparing to rest of Dublin.
    The houses look state of art, however I am not sure about the area in long term.
    Is it a nice area to rise a child? How about neighborhood?
    Is there a shortcut way to R149, or do I have to go though co.Meath?

• Advertisement

Hi all,

I am also wondering how is the area like in Barnwell square, Hansfield. Considering to buy 3 bed house.It's reasonable price comparing to rest of Dublin.
    The houses look state of art, however I am not sure about the area in long term.
    Is it a nice area to rise a child? How about neighborhood?
    Is there a shortcut way to R149, or do I have to go though co.Meath?

Hi,
    There is a shortcut to get to R149, see the screenshot attached. I have used it few times driving back to Lucan. As you said houses are pretty good. I am looking for a 4 bed but they are all sold out and I am waiting for the next phase now. I have enquired from 4/5 different friends/colleagues who live in the area and everyone gave +ve feedback.

Advertisement