Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I've been living in Ongar for 5 years now. I wouldn't recommend that route as a short-cut to the R149. Very high probability of getting stuck at the level crossing at Clonsilla. There are plans for a link road to the R149 around 1.2km south past the schools but we'll probably be waiting another few years for that to be built.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

Have heard only good things about it but u should visit the place in morning and evening time to see for yourself. Close to all amenities yet away from traffic. 3 schools within 500m. Train station again 500m.
    Builders have big plans for the area and shaping up good so far . So hoping it lives up to the sdz expectation . The nearest other sdz I think is adamstown but still don't see much ppl on road there..

Sorry positive feedback only for today .will give some neutral and negative feedback post more research

Can't comment about r149 but hoping there is n3 n4 proper link road soon. There's land all booked behind Barnwell but don't know what's the plan.

Anyone else here got any idea ?
    Hi all,

I am also wondering how is the area like in Barnwell square, Hansfield. Considering to buy 3 bed house.It's reasonable price comparing to rest of Dublin.
    The houses look state of art, however I am not sure about the area in long term.
    Is it a nice area to rise a child? How about neighborhood?
    Is there a shortcut way to R149, or do I have to go though co.Meath?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

Change2016 wrote: »
    Hello recent posters.. Neighbours
    Wanted to check is anyone has an idea on what's going on with the next phase of construction/ handover. I was told that the house is complete and get the snag and it will take 3-4 days after that. Now told that the papers are with fingal county council for registration. So wait another few weeks. Is anyone getting their house before Xmas. Was told Oct and looks like it will be December by the time I get keys and that too not sure.
    Also what else is required apart from final county registration - the guys in site office has no clue it seems. So not closing date
    Looking for some info

Were you able to settle all the paperwork? In our case, bank refused to lend due to issues with the "prior charge" on the property. I wonder if anyone had the same issue during the purchase? This is very disappointing at this stage, we spent 4 months to hear this in the end and the seller's solicitor was refusing to undertake the discharge due to "discharge is already made but there's no discharge paper" or something like that.

Not an expert in this but what is your solicitor saying. Is that the new build you were buying . Prior charge to me looks like this is an existing property and the current owner hasn't cleared his mortgage . Buying from builder there shouldn't be those issue but your solicitor should have checked all this
    phoenix49 wrote: »
    Were you able to settle all the paperwork? In our case, bank refused to lend due to issues with the "prior charge" on the property. I wonder if anyone had the same issue during the purchase? This is very disappointing at this stage, we spent 4 months to hear this in the end and the seller's solicitor was refusing to undertake the discharge due to "discharge is already made but there's no discharge paper" or something like that.

gogreen81 wrote: »
    Not an expert in this but what is your solicitor saying. Is that the new build you were buying . Prior charge to me looks like this is an existing property and the current owner hasn't cleared his mortgage . Buying from builder there shouldn't be those issue but your solicitor should have checked all this

Solicitor says that it could be related to a lending for construction itself. It is a new build, I was surprised that there's a charge on a new build still hanging around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Is it to do with your registration of ownership, or your actual borrowing to buy the new property?

Is it to do with your registration of ownership, or your actual borrowing to buy the new property?

Actual borrowing to buy, I think there weren't any issues with the registration. I'm hoping to get some answers today (from EA/bank) and I don't really want to step back at this point.

Again , hasn't heard about it. Ppl from both phase 1 and phase 2 have got the keys so this is something new . Which bank is urs . And from builders side it's eversheds your solicitor is dealing with

gogreen81 wrote: »
    Again , hasn't heard about it. Ppl from both phase 1 and phase 2 have got the keys so this is something new . Which bank is urs . And from builders side it's eversheds your solicitor is dealing with

Bad luck :(. I'm dealing with Eversheds and the bank is Ulster Bank. My solicitor told me that this would be an issue with the bank, and she was right. It is frustrating that you can't buy due to legal issues which should have been resolved prior to putting the house on market. Now I will probably pay my solicitor for their work anyway. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

All buyers buy a similar title. If the partial discharge affects your purchase it must be affecting your neighbours too. If not then it's very odd.

What reason are they looking for the discharge now if you're still at borrowing stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

We signed off on number 13 today. There are people already in 11 and 9.

We are drawing down and getting our keys on the 8th jan so its nothing to do with title or discharge. There is some other underlying issue at play there im afraid.

These are new builds so its not related to lending for construction. Thats bull...if it were then the rest of us would also have been affected.

How and why would eversheds solicitor refuse to sign off on their own property?
    <quote>"the seller's solicitor was refusing to undertake the discharge due to "discharge is already made but there's no discharge paper"</quote>

Have you got an outstanding mortgage you are clearing?
    Keep us posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

Has anyone heard any update from the builder on when they are planning to remove the fencing across Barnwell Lane?

clicli wrote: »
    Has anyone heard any update from the builder on when they are planning to remove the fencing across Barnwell Lane?

U can ask the builder to remove the fencing . There is only one house pending handover . But shouldn't stop them from remvoving the barrier. The builder is lazy or I should say busy as there's so much going on . U new owner or old ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Major new planning application submitted to Fingal County Council this past week for 206 new houses and apartments in the vacant site between the Hansfield Station road and the road down to Clonsilla. I would say this is the last really sizeable non developed tract of lands in the area.

http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/wphappdetail.displayURL?theApnID=FW15A/0161&theTabNo=11

Mulberryglen Ltd are the applicants and the Planning Ref is FW15A/0161

Edit: just spotted the other planning application for 128 new houses to the west of Barnwell in the undeveloped area around the bakery site also received permission to proceed this month. Link below. Some serious amount of construction in the next couple of years and increased population for the Hansfield/Ongar area!!

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00492762.pdf

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Guys, some of you are effectively giving out your home address here. It's highly unlikely to ever be a problem but just remember that whatever personal details you put on the Internet will stay on the Internet.

Gaspode wrote: »
    Guys, some of you are effectively giving out your home address here. It's highly unlikely to ever be a problem but just remember that whatever personal details you put on the Internet will stay on the Internet.

Tell me about it. I work in it security so I'm comfortable with it to be honest.

If someone is determined enough they'll get what they need.

Anyways.. @ongarboy that's interesting to see. The second link you posted doesn't seem to work. Im getting a 404 on it. Is the link correct or has it been moved?

So that's looks like a different builder . I had seen another application for 300+ houses near the secondary school which also shows the road dedicated for n3 n4 link. The construction Havnt started there but hoping that's there's some easy link towards the n4 Lucan side .
    Also I thought the road opposite to Barnwell ( towards clonsilla) was already under the existing application.
    In any case it looks like a plan of 500 more houses which if it happens will be huge .
    But definitely hoping good for the area
    ongarboy wrote: »
    Major new planning application submitted to Fingal County Council this past week for 206 new houses and apartments in the vacant site between the Hansfield Station road and the road down to Clonsilla. I would say this is the last really sizeable non developed tract of lands in the area.

http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/wphappdetail.displayURL?theApnID=FW15A/0161&theTabNo=11

Mulberryglen Ltd are the applicants and the Planning Ref is FW15A/0161

Edit: just spotted the other planning application for 128 new houses to the west of Barnwell in the undeveloped area around the bakery site also received permission to proceed this month. Link below. Some serious amount of construction in the next couple of years and increased population for the Hansfield/Ongar area!!

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00492762.pdf

It doesnt look like they will link out to the road there towards lucan..

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00507184.pdf

conor-mr2 wrote: »
    It doesnt look like they will link out to the road there towards lucan..

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00507184.pdf

This link also gives a 404 error
    But I had seen the fingal website where they have marked some road behind new school linking the Catherine park road. Not sure about n3 n4 road
    Also don't link paying the toll tax always even when I am just going from exit 6 and 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 joyb

Heard 44/130 houses in Brandon Square are bought by County Council for social housing. Any idea of such plans in Barnwell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

conor-mr2 wrote: »

Anyways.. @ongarboy that's interesting to see. The second link you posted doesn't seem to work. Im getting a 404 on it. Is the link correct or has it been moved?

If you search for this ref in Fingalcoco.ie, it should come up. The earlier link seems to no longer work.

Planning Reference:
    FW15A/0032

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

btw guys if you want to link docs from the FingalCoCo website you have to do it like this:
    http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/Northgate.WebSearch/Download.aspx?ID=XXXXXX

Where XXXXXX is the ID of the doc you want, so for Conor's doc 507184 the link would be:

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/Northgate.WebSearch/Download.aspx?ID=507184

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

joyb wrote: »
    Heard 44/130 houses in Brandon Square are bought by County Council for social housing. Any idea of such plans in Barnwell?

Not Brandon Square. Rossan Court 44/44.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ck0

Hello guys.
    I have very urgent question now and hope somebody can advise anything who already passed this step.
    We have contracts now, not signed yet. Our solicitor is going to make few amendments to this contract and before sending amended contracts to builder's solicitor they are asking for deposit (10%). According to their words, they would pass both amended contracts and deposit to builder's solicitor as soon as we put a signature and get 10% deposit from us. Is that a normal practice?
    In my understanding it should be established contracts exchange between solicitors, to get all signatures from both parties, that we agree to their conditions, and they agree to the amendments we made, and only after that 10% deposit can be paid. Isn't it works in that way?
    For me it's not logical to pay deposit upfront before builder's solicitor review our corrections. Am I wrong? How did this work for you?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

athtrasna wrote: »
    Not Brandon Square. Rossan Court 44/44.

Thats right...

http://www.thejournal.ie/social-housing-2448325-Nov2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Slimdowngal

bbari wrote: »
    Thank you conor-mr2.
    Congratulations and best of luck. Hope everything goes well for you.
    €320 would be for the semi detached (not the double front)?

You are right, they can't quote the prices of 4 bed as of yet. if there was any cancellation she would have told so I guess we have to wait till Mar/Apr till they release prices.

Yeh, the detached are really nice, they are called Oak. They also sold few of the Oak styles but attached to another house for €355K while detached Oak was 370K.

incase if someone else is interested in prices, this is the info I could get so far
    Town house- 300
    Semi - 320
    double front - 335
    Oak semi - 355
    Oak detached - 370

Bbari, where did you get these prices from, was if from Helena herself? She told me when I was talking to her when I went to see the 3 bed showhouse that they wont be increasing the price that much between phase 1 and 2. 370 for the Oak detached is a fair price difference as the other one is down in price register as selling for 329. We are interested in the Oak and Willow type A. Thanks.

Bbari, where did you get these prices from, was if from Helena herself? She told me when I was talking to her when I went to see the 3 bed showhouse that they wont be increasing the price that much between phase 1 and 2. 370 for the Oak detached is a fair price difference as the other one is down in price register as selling for 329. We are interested in the Oak and Willow type A. Thanks.

I got these prices from the person who was in the showhouse, Helena wasn't there on that day.

That price of €329K is excluding the VAT and thats the difference ?
    (€329K + 13.5% = €375K )

Ok bbari, thanks for that. Makes sense. We are not sure how many different types of houses they are going to release. The a Contemporary brochure just shows the 4 different typrs of 4 beds. 370 for the 4 bed detached?... Hmmmmmm......

Ok bbari, thanks for that. Makes sense. We are not sure how many different types of houses they are going to release. The a Contemporary brochure just shows the 4 different typrs of 4 beds. 370 for the 4 bed detached?... Hmmmmmm......

There are five different types of 4 beds.
    The Oak in detached version is €370K but in semi detached its €355K. The semi detached Oak is not mentioned in the brochure. its same layout/size as Oak.

• Advertisement

Kinda figured there were extra types of houses as looking at the map of the site, we couldn't figure out some of them. Wonder how many of each they will be releasing?

Advertisement