Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

As far as I know, its only 3 beds houses which are available and all of 4 beds are sold out. I could be wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Slimdowngal

Phase 1 4 beds were all sold out ( they only released a few) but Helena said they
    would be releasing more four beds in Mar 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ck0

Hi guys.
    During conveyancing, did you transfer 10% deposit before solicitor's negotiations or after both parties agreed about conditions and signed, only after that you made a payment as a final stage?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

Hi hope U r sorted with this . In my opinion u tell Helena and solicitors that the deposit is ready and will e transferred once contract is finalised . Ale ur solicitors opinion as wel if he/ she thinks it's safe to do.
    Are u under time pressure like 21 days of white food etc ? U ask them to extend for a week or 10 days
    ck0 wrote: »
    Hello guys.
    I have very urgent question now and hope somebody can advise anything who already passed this step.
    We have contracts now, not signed yet. Our solicitor is going to make few amendments to this contract and before sending amended contracts to builder's solicitor they are asking for deposit (10%). According to their words, they would pass both amended contracts and deposit to builder's solicitor as soon as we put a signature and get 10% deposit from us. Is that a normal practice?
    In my understanding it should be established contracts exchange between solicitors, to get all signatures from both parties, that we agree to their conditions, and they agree to the amendments we made, and only after that 10% deposit can be paid. Isn't it works in that way?
    For me it's not logical to pay deposit upfront before builder's solicitor review our corrections. Am I wrong? How did this work for you?
    Thanks!

Bbari, where did you get these prices from, was if from Helena herself? She told me when I was talking to her when I went to see the 3 bed showhouse that they wont be increasing the price that much between phase 1 and 2. 370 for the Oak detached is a fair price difference as the other one is down in price register as selling for 329. We are interested in the Oak and Willow type A. Thanks.
    Which phase is this ? Have the prices increased in the last 8 months ?

• Advertisement

gogreen81 wrote:
    Which phase is this ? Have the prices increased in the last 8 months ?

The prices i mentioned are of the current phase (Phase 2)

bbari wrote: »
    The prices i mentioned are of the current phase (Phase 2)
    It's quite a change then !!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

Hello! It seems like we finally sorted out the documentation issue between the solicitors and the process started to move forward again! We'll return signed contracts and see what happens next. Now I'll need to snag the house, can anyone recommend a reasonable (in terms of price/quality) snag engineer? I'm not going to use the one they advise :)

ck0 wrote: »
    Hello guys.
    I have very urgent question now and hope somebody can advise anything who already passed this step.
    We have contracts now, not signed yet. Our solicitor is going to make few amendments to this contract and before sending amended contracts to builder's solicitor they are asking for deposit (10%). According to their words, they would pass both amended contracts and deposit to builder's solicitor as soon as we put a signature and get 10% deposit from us. Is that a normal practice?
    In my understanding it should be established contracts exchange between solicitors, to get all signatures from both parties, that we agree to their conditions, and they agree to the amendments we made, and only after that 10% deposit can be paid. Isn't it works in that way?
    For me it's not logical to pay deposit upfront before builder's solicitor review our corrections. Am I wrong? How did this work for you?
    Thanks!

We had similar situation, and in our case we didn't (still didn't) pay the deposit until all contract items are settled. We also have amendments in the contract and only now we are happy to proceed and are going to pay the 10% deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Congratulations!!

We're getting our keys tomorrow.

For our snag we went with www.kennedyandassoc.ie/

The guy we got, Paul, was great.

I'd recommend ringing them.

Conor

• Advertisement

Thanks and congrats to you too! I'll give them a ring. Were there any issues to deal with?

phoenix49 wrote: »
    Hello! It seems like we finally sorted out the documentation issue between the solicitors and the process started to move forward again! We'll return signed contracts and see what happens next. Now I'll need to snag the house, can anyone recommend a reasonable (in terms of price/quality) snag engineer? I'm not going to use the one they advise :)
    That's good to know. Congrats . Will pm you a couple of names . One advised by builder and another one recommended to me

Did a snag today and surveyor pointed out some points which are more or less important. So there are some cracks on the exterior wall and are seen from the back garden. Now it could be just house settling, plaster cracks or could be something more serious. Did any of you have these too? I don't really mind if they are "harmless", but wouldn't want to buy a house with cracked bricks or damaged foundation.

We didnt have any of those issues on ours to be honest.
    The snag for us went well and my sister (who is also buying around the corner) had their snag yesterday.
    There were no major concerns highlighted by their snag guy either.

But that's what you're paying the surveyor for so certainly have them ask the question of the builders. I'd suggest they would be settling issues as if it were more serious than the other houses would likely be affected as well.

The snag for us went well and my sister (who is also buying around the corner) had their snag yesterday.

But that's what you're paying the surveyor for so certainly have them ask the question of the builders. I'd suggest they would be settling issues as if it were more serious then the other houses would likely be affected as well.

conor-mr2 wrote: »

But that's what you're paying the surveyor for so certainly have them ask the question of the builders. I'd suggest they would be settling issues as if it were more serious than the other houses would likely be affected as well.

I think you are right and surveyor just pointed out the issues which is his job. I also think that they are just settlement cracks, given their nature and because the house is 3 storey. I'll see what foreman guy says and if necessary will arrange an engineer to take a look. I hope I won't need to.

conor-mr2 wrote: »

wow 2 houses at same location. always good to have friends and family around.
    Am sure you would be getting lot of discounts everywhere ;) dealing in two's.

BTW is there any FB page for Barnwell. There is not much happening around but i can blame it on winters and the construction activities which are blocking some roads. The ppl who are living here for long are not much active on boards

I think you are right and surveyor just pointed out the issues which is his job. I also think that they are just settlement cracks, given their nature and because the house is 3 storey. I'll see what foreman guy says and if necessary will arrange an engineer to take a look. I hope I won't need to.
    u have 10 yr structural gurantee, but best is to fix the problem at the start.
    Did the snag guy give more details of the problem. Did he recommend an engineer to you to look at the problem(his friend or ref).Is he himself reputable?

gogreen81 wrote: »

BTW is there any FB page for Barnwell. There is not much happening around but i can blame it on winters and the construction activities which are blocking some roads. The ppl who are living here for long are not much active on boards

https://www.facebook.com/Barnwell-Residents-Association-884774131558644/?fref=ts

thanks for that link for the FB page bbari. I was checking out the flyer sent around from Leo Varadkar. 26 four beds are being released in the next phase so judging by that? Not a bad number.

• Advertisement

u have 10 yr structural gurantee, but best is to fix the problem at the start.
    Did the snag guy give more details of the problem. Did he recommend an engineer to you to look at the problem(his friend or ref).Is he himself reputable?

It is the same guy you recommended to me :P. He seemed to be picky (which is good) pointed out a few paint issues inside and those settlement cracks. He did say that I may want to take a closer look at them but he didn't recommend anyone.

I think I'll shop around for an engineer and let them check the cracks to avoid dealing with the homebond in the future.

I found all the documents/floor plans on the Fingal website. Looks like they are releasing houses in a different location altogether and none of the original 4 beds like the Willow/Oak are there at all. Looks like the 4 bed they are going to release is 135sqm. There seems to be 2 separate applications. I'm confused. I don't even know if they are the same company/builder/development.

I found all the documents/floor plans on the Fingal website. Looks like they are releasing houses in a different location altogether and none of the original 4 beds like the Willow/Oak are there at all. Looks like the 4 bed they are going to release is 135sqm. There seems to be 2 separate applications. I'm confused. I don't even know if they are the same company/builder/development.

As per the Leo's letter, the applicant is Melberryglen Limited and the existng development is by the O'Reilly Group. You are right, its a different development altogether. Can you share the link please ?

I can't post links apparently as I am a new user! This is the application # on the Fingal website if you want to search for it: FW15A/0032.

The other one in the flyer is FW15A/0161 and for a different site.

It is the same guy you recommended to me :P. He seemed to be picky (which is good) pointed out a few paint issues inside and those settlement cracks. He did say that I may want to take a closer look at them but he didn't recommend anyone.

I think I'll shop around for an engineer and let them check the cracks to avoid dealing with the homebond in the future.
    Really is the the Tom or Barry ?
    I heard Tom has done a lot of the houses here.hes picky I k ow which is good . That ensures he gets paid for 2nd visit. Hadn't heard such a feedback in snag though . What is the builder saying ?

I can't post links apparently as I am a new user! This is the application # on the Fingal website if you want to search for it: FW15A/0032.

The other one in the flyer is FW15A/0161 and for a different site.

0032 is the new application for which flyer came from mr Leo.
    0061 is the application from the same guys who are doing Barnwell at the moment . This is on th back side on educate together and hopefully it will connect the road from school to r149 which is just next to train line rather than taking a long route .

Really is the the Tom or Barry ?
    I heard Tom has done a lot of the houses here.hes picky I k ow which is good . That ensures he gets paid for 2nd visit. Hadn't heard such a feedback in snag though . What is the builder saying ?
    It was Barry. Builder says its fine and they probably right. I spoke to another engineer and he said that those settlement cracks are normal and more may come as the building settles over the coming years. I hope to close the contract real soon!

It was Barry. Builder says its fine and they probably right. I spoke to another engineer and he said that those settlement cracks are normal and more may come as the building settles over the coming years. I hope to close the contract real soon!

I have also started seeing some cracks but these are on the wall else's special on the walls where I have prop put a nail down but not all. Stairs is one place which definitely shows a very minor plaster crack . Between the walls and stairs almost all the stairs left and right side
    Anyone with similar experience ?

Also anyone know what with the barricades at the Lane? I guess al the houses are occupied there but the will barricades still remains

Living room corner. Plasterboard. No big deal. Ill be sealing over that and painting. Part of the settling process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 kel98

I've gone through a few pages but couldn't find an answer. Does anyone know what prices the 3 beds are in Barnwell Square and is there any still available? Thanks

Advertisement