Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Slimdowngal

kel98 wrote: »
    I've gone through a few pages but couldn't find an answer. Does anyone know what prices the 3 beds are in Barnwell Square and is there any still available? Thanks

hi kel98, As far as I know, the other, older style of 3 beds are sold out. They were priced up to 295 I think it was. The last release of these was around Oct/Nov 15.

They are set to release other style 3 bed's around April time. No idea about prices at this stage though. But I would guess they would be around the same price level, maybe slightly higher. There seemed to be different prices depending on it being a terrace, end of terrace etc but 295 was the top price as far as I remember. HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kel98

hi kel98, As far as I know, the other, older style of 3 beds are sold out. They were priced up to 295 I think it was. The last release of these was around Oct/Nov 15.

They are set to release other style 3 bed's around April time. No idea about prices at this stage though. But I would guess they would be around the same price level, maybe slightly higher. There seemed to be different prices depending on it being a terrace, end of terrace etc but 295 was the top price as far as I remember. HTH

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it. I might give them a call to see if I can get some information.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

kel98 wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it. I might give them a call to see if I can get some information.

As the above poster said, the price range was 265K-300K. The mid terrace were 265K and they were all sold out by Nov. They had a few Semi D left at the time, no harm checking with the agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

conor-mr2 wrote: »
    Living room corner. Plasterboard. No big deal. Ill be sealing over that and painting. Part of the settling process.

Seriously? Mine is not that bad and is on the sides / wall edges . I thought this is covered in the minor issues as per the contract although this is part and parcel of new house. Did you contact the builder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

gogreen81 wrote: »
    Seriously? Mine is not that bad and is on the sides / wall edges . I thought this is covered in the minor issues as per the contract although this is part and parcel of new house. Did you contact the builder ?

I think builder would have fixed these kind of issues during snagging process and before closing. Not sure if they will agree to do it after the purchase.

• Advertisement

phoenix49 wrote:
    I think builder would have fixed these kind of issues during snagging process and before closing. Not sure if they will agree to do it after the purchase.

I've the similar issue in the property i purchased years ago. Builders did it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

I've already fixed it.

bbari wrote: »
    I've the similar issue in the property i purchased years ago. Builders did it for me

Thanks bbari that's good to know . Am not a diy person so have already gone to builder to see the issues. I hope he agrees to fix it . As I understand we are covered ok contract for any minor or major defect . Any settling issue should be part of it

gogreen81 wrote: »
    Thanks bbari that's good to know . Am not a diy person so have already gone to builder to see the issues. I hope he agrees to fix it . As I understand we are covered ok contract for any minor or major defect . Any settling issue should be part of it

There's no reason that they won't. Connor can confirm that its not that big of a job for builders.

Its a simple fix to be honest and the lads are onsite. I say hello to them every morning before I head off to work. They'd certainly pop in to address the issue.

Sure I had the plumber come in because the rads needed balancing (simple fix as well but not something I felt I should be expected to do so I got them to do it.)

• Advertisement

Yes the builder don't seem to have any problem to fix it. As long as it's not something damaged by work done by us.

Finally we got our keys and will be moving in very soon :)! We should meet each other one day

phoenix49 wrote: »
    Finally we got our keys and will be moving in very soon :)! We should meet each other one day

That's good to know phoenix49 . Congrats !!
    Sure we can all meet . Hoping the weather also gets better soon . The pvcs hardly generating any power these days with no sun

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Arsen5

Hi everyone, following this thread for a while but wasn't able to sign up here. I'm really interested in Hansfield new houses.
    Few questions (some of them are stupid I know):
    1-will the new coming houses in March/April expected to be more expensive?.
    2-when I pay a booking deposit how much time does it take to for the house to be ready?.
    3-is it possible to negotiate/bargain the asking price on these new houses? How much less (percentage wise)should I be offering without insulting the EA?.
    4-I'm bad at negotiations should I hire a buyer broker?
    Sorry for the long list, just the whole thing is exciting & intimidating at the same time.

Arsen5 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, following this thread for a while but wasn't able to sign up here. I'm really interested in Hansfield new houses.
    Few questions (some of them are stupid I know):
    1-will the new coming houses in March/April expected to be more expensive?.
    2-when I pay a booking deposit how much time does it take to for the house to be ready?.
    3-is it possible to negotiate/bargain the asking price on these new houses? How much less (percentage wise)should I be offering without insulting the EA?.
    4-I'm bad at negotiations should I hire a buyer broker?
    Sorry for the long list, just the whole thing is exciting & intimidating at the same time.

I can answer to your 3rd and 4th questions as I was thinking that there's a way to negotiate a price - so the answer is no, EAs don't usually bargain for the new houses and the answer I heard was something like "we are going to sell them anyway" :). But you should ensure that they fix all the defects during snagging and you can somehow save money on that, like bad painting, plaster cracks, etc.

I would agree with Phoenix on 3 and 4.
    For 1 not sure and I guess we have stopped looking the prices now but I do expect it to be more than last year but not much.
    On 2, the time will take on what stage the house is in. It can take 1-2 months as standard . From scratch they probably take 6 months . So depends on what u buy.

Thanks Phoenix48 & gogreen81, going to arrange a viewing & hopefully get one in next phase. (Expect loads of basic questions 😉).

phoenix49 wrote: »

Great news indeed. I'd say you cant wait to get in there finally. :)

I'd also agree with you guys on the points above. There's no chance to haggle on prices here. Demand for these houses is high and they'll just have someone else more than happy to pay the asking.
    Given that not too far away there's houses being built (over near Castleknock golf course and down near the carpenter) that are in excess of 400,000 and upwards with similar square metre floor space, I've found these houses to be well priced and specced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Sorry for the political material i placed in your doors last night. :D

Sorry for the political material i placed in your doors last night. :D

You should have knocked in! I think I saw you wander past and all!

• Advertisement

You should have knocked in! I think I saw you wander past and all!

He knocked in to many in fairness. I'm not a knocker but a dropper but many canvassed and excellent response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

@chucknorris

You guys have the list from the register?
    Not one knock on my door this time round. They must know I can't vote in the GE.

JoyPad wrote: »
    @chucknorris

You guys have the list from the register?
    Not one knock on my door this time round. They must know I can't vote in the GE.

Honest to god - we don't have a marked register.

90 mins in Hansfield, 90 mins in Ongar chase and 90 minutes in Beechfield last night.

I honestly think most households would prefer not to have people at their doors.

I'd also agree with you guys on the points above. There's no chance to haggle on prices here. Demand for these houses is high and they'll just have someone else more than happy to pay the asking.
    Given that not too far away there's houses being built (over near Castleknock golf course and down near the carpenter) that are in excess of 400,000 and upwards with similar square metre floor space, I've found these houses to be well priced and specced.

Agree with this poster.

There is no haggling when buying a new house, its the asking price or the next person there will buy it. I too think the demand will be high for the next phase. The price of the previous release was quite reasonable. Other new developments not even 10mins away are alot more expensive. Watch this space........

Agree with this poster.

There is no haggling when buying a new house, its the asking price or the next person there will buy it. I too think the demand will be high for the next phase. The price of the previous release was quite reasonable. Other new developments not even 10mins away are alot more expensive. Watch this space........

Their sponsored facebook ads say that "Prices from 265K" which means that prices aren't going to change. As previously mentioned it won't be a significant increase as the good price/quality was one of the reasons of high demand.

bbari wrote: »
    Their sponsored facebook ads say that "Prices from 265K" which means that prices aren't going to change. As previously mentioned it won't be a significant increase as the good price/quality was one of the reasons of high demand.

I hope you are right bbari. There are going to be 2, 3 and 4 beds on sale in the next release. I dont see them increasing the price too much but if they know demand is high, whats not stopping them increasing them significantly? The new houses in Castlegrange are pricey enough, 390k for a 4 bed detached. That estate
    is 5 mins from Hansfield.

A house we had our eye on went sale agreed. Not meant to be, narrowing our options. Not alot of new houses have come onto the market since before Christmas.

Thanks guys, I kind of agree with you prices are a lot better than other areas i.e. Castlegrange & kastlenock and even nearby 2nd hand houses, but on the other hand you feel that the area is crammed & houses are too close to each other with a bit of disorganisation (other areas have plenty of opened outdoor space plus the layout of houses feels better). Anyway taking my chances and waiting for the new phase hoping to get bigger house with same or a little bit extra price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Just got an email from developers:

- 5 show homes will be ready at the beginning of May 2016

- Sales prices will not be set until closer to the launch date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

ION08 wrote: »
    Just got an email from developers:

- 5 show homes will be ready at the beginning of May 2016

- Sales prices will not be set until closer to the launch date.

They must be the ones going up at the other side of the Barnwell access road near the pylons. They've just been painted externally. The detached house looks especially big.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if there's a plan to build houses on the left side of Station Rd. across the Phase 1? That area looks empty.

Advertisement