Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

phoenix49 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's a plan to build houses on the left side of Station Rd. across the Phase 1? That area looks empty.

Plans are up on Fingals website look for application FW16A/0030

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

liamog wrote: »

Thanks for that reference. This application along with the one lodged late last year for apartments and houses to the east of this area (towards the Allendale roundabout) and also the development around the bakery to the west means all the vacant land banks adjoining the main Ongar Road will now be developed. I think it will enhance the area greatly and give the locality a more complete neighbourhood feel.

The only vacant sites now will be the land banks closer to the Hansfield train station. (south of the pylons). I remember the original Hansfield Strategic Dev Zone (SDZ) plan was to create a village centre with shops and amenities. I wonder will a watered down version materialise as I think once all the above developments are complete, the area will at least need a convenience (Spar type) store to cater for the increased local population and train commuter traffic.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I've noticed in the latest application that each of the sites next to Station Rd are undeveloped.

I believe the plans for the SDZ called for higher density along the route so it appears they are holding back the denser sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

liamog wrote: »

Would you have a link to this. I can't find anything by searching?

• Advertisement

Thanks for posting, for anybody who gets an error using the links, Finagles system only makes the available directly for a few hours. Somebody will need to access them 'properly' to make them work again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dalvinder86

Hi everyone, Is Hansfield officially part of Clonsilla or it's Ongar?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

It's actually separate to both but yet to build that separate identity as its still new area. Ppl link it more to clonsilla but ongar is closeby as well which has lot of good handy shops including dunnes .
    There is definitely a lot of development going on in this area coz of prolixity with clonsilla and Hansfield train station
    Anything in particular you are looking for ?

Barnwell is part of Hansfield which is it's own area.

However as gogreen81 mentioned, until this identity becomes more established, I guess it would be considered "Clonsilla"... At least that's what all the listings on myhome.ie suggest ....

Barnwell at Hansfield, Station Road, Clonsilla, Dublin 15

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

ION08 wrote: »
    Barnwell is part of Hansfield which is it's own area.

However as gogreen81 mentioned, until this identity becomes more established, I guess it would be considered "Clonsilla"... At least that's what all the listings on myhome.ie suggest ....

Barnwell at Hansfield, Station Road, Clonsilla, Dublin 15
    I wouldn't be putting much faith in the location description put down by myhomes.ie, they would call it Castleknock if they could get away with it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    I wouldn't be putting much faith in the location description put down by myhomes.ie, they would call it Castleknock if they could get away with it :D

Dublin 15 has to be one of the worst for incorrect addresses though, if you were to believe all you read Clonsilla stretches from Blanch village all the way up to Clonee & all between when in fact there are a number of townlands in that area, Hartstown, Whitestown, Mulhuddart etc. All townlands in their own right, but for some reason folk stick Clonsilla on the end of them all... Its like someone in Phibsboro saying they live in Phibsboro, Cabra, D.7

I know this stuff goes on everywhere but as correct addresses are crucial to one of the elements of my job its a practice I find bizarre... An Post & the service providers dont help either, some of the addresses i've seen on these are made up for the craic from what I can see.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

DvB wrote: »
    Dublin 15 has to be one of the worst for incorrect addresses though[...]

I live in Bramblefield estate, at the end of Littlepace Road.
    If I walk, the nearest place I can get to is Huntstown. If I drive, the closest is Clonee.
    The house paperwork says I'm in Clonee, and that's the address I put on most of my correspondence. But simply writing it as Dublin 15 works fine, and so says EirCode too.

Electric Ireland is the funniest though. The address they have for my MPRN puts me in Bramblefield, Huntstown, Mulhuddart, Dublin 15. If that doesn't take the cake, nothing will.

We enrolled the son in Huntstown N.S., and they said "OK, but seriously, you should have gone to Mary Mother of Hope, on Littlepace Rd". We tried, and they said "No way! You must enroll in Huntstown, not here!"

Also, apart from Bramblefields, all other estates along the Littlepace Rd are in the catching area of the Setanta school in Ongar. We are not. Go figure!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

It seems hardly no-one is using Eircode yet apart from official organisations. That would sort out any confusion with addresses if used properly.

To add confusion, there is a little estate of houses in Castaheany or is it Little Pace that is also called Hansfield.

I'm sure you can put Hansfield, Dublin 15 down and it will get there. I'm from Ongar and always just put Ongar, Dublin 15 even though official records call it Ongar Park for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

ongarboy wrote: »
    I'm from Ongar and always just put Ongar, Dublin 15 even though official records call it Ongar Park for some reason.

Because all our houses/apartments are built on the old area of Ongar Park, these are the grounds that Ongar Manor was suited in. You entered the manor on an old country road that led up to the gates and the rest was acorage of gardens, fields, trees and shrubs. The old entrance road is the road thats blocked off between Ongar and Latchford. There's a lot of history about Ongar, including history about the actress Rita Hayworth, at one stage of her life its believed she lived or frequently stayed at the manor with her husband, Prince Aly Khan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

DvB wrote: »
    Dublin 15 has to be one of the worst for incorrect addresses though, if you were to believe all you read Clonsilla stretches from Blanch village all the way up to Clonee & all between when in fact there are a number of townlands in that area, Hartstown, Whitestown, Mulhuddart etc. All townlands in their own right, but for some reason folk stick Clonsilla on the end of them all... Its like someone in Phibsboro saying they live in Phibsboro, Cabra, D.7

I know this stuff goes on everywhere but as correct addresses are crucial to one of the elements of my job its a practice I find bizarre... An Post & the service providers dont help either, some of the addresses i've seen on these are made up for the craic from what I can see.

The address is correct. Clonee, Clonsilla, Blanch etc all Dublin 15.

What's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

ongarboy wrote: »
    To add confusion, there is a little estate of houses in Castaheany or is it Little Pace that is also called Hansfield.

This one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭DvB

The address is correct. Clonee, Clonsilla, Blanch etc all Dublin 15.

What's your point?

Its not correct. They're all in Dublin 15, but thats it.

Dublin 15 consists of a number of townlands, Blanchardstown, Clonsilla, Hartstown, Mulhuddart, etc.
    So Having for example, Whitestown, Clonsilla, Dublin 15 as an address is like someone living in phibsboro writing their address as phibsboro, Cabra... the Cabra bit is unnecessary as its a completely different area, albeit close in proximity, the address is making reference to two completely separate townlands, just like sticking Clonsilla after Mulhuddart or Whitestown is.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

I usually just put X Barnwell Smth, Hansfield, Dublin 15. Just like eircode suggests, however Panda adds Ongar to my address, but that's just them.

Went up to have sneaky look at phase 2 ahead of the new showhomes being launched in early May.

The homes differ in style slightly to the existing homes and don't seem to look as nice as say "The Beech" type homes from the contemporary collection.

Will reserve final judgment once they are properly on show and not on a building site.

One thing I'm not keen on is the proximity of phase 2 homes to the massive Electricity Masts. The seem to run directly over some houses and others have them directly in their front/rear view.

They look absolutely horrible and visually speaking really cheapen an area IMO

I would expect these houses to be cheaper than the Phase 1 houses because of this.

gogreen81 wrote: »
    It's actually separate to both but yet to build that separate identity as its still new area. Ppl link it more to clonsilla but ongar is closeby as well which has lot of good handy shops including dunnes .
    There is definitely a lot of development going on in this area coz of prolixity with clonsilla and Hansfield train station
    Anything in particular you are looking for ?

Thanks a lot "gogreen 81", we are looking to buy one of the corner double fronted home which will be located in Barnwell square. Any suggestions what I should look out for in particular? One thing we are quite unsure about actually the overall cost including installation or labour cost for shower enclosures? Apparently Builder not going to provide shower enclosures as per mentioned by the Agent while showing us showhouse. Is there anyone out there had faced similar type of issue and how much did it cost for shower enclosures? To be honest this is the first time I am seeing this I had seen number of New homes and they all comes with shower enclosures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

€312 for quadrant 900 shower installation from onsite plumber.
    I got the bath door yoke done for €188 and an outside tap for 100.
    Yea I could have done these myself but this was hasstle free

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭cocoa123

Folks who bought houses in Hansfield estate, aren't you worried by high voltage electricity line running so close to the houses?

conor-mr2 wrote: »
    €312 for quadrant 900 shower installation from onsite plumber.
    I got the bath door yoke done for €188 and an outside tap for 100.
    Yea I could have done these myself but this was hasstle free
    Thanks a lot Conor. Do you have the name and number of that Plumber please? I may just give him a buzz for Quote. Thanks

Thanks a lot Conor. Do you have the name and number of that Plumber please? I may just give him a buzz for Quote. Thanks

Sure....pm sent

I watched them put the new sign up earlier as well for the new houses across the road

cocoa123 wrote: »
    Folks who bought houses in Hansfield estate, aren't you worried by high voltage electricity line running so close to the houses?

Nope not at all. Im not particularly close to them at all.
    But sure ive got my trusty tinfoil hat to protect me.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Slimdowngal

conor-mr2 wrote: »

I watched them put the new sign up earlier as well for the new houses across the road

I saw the planning application on FCC website a while back: mix of apartments and houses. Pretty big development if it all gets built. Be good for the area and the train station, which we are hoping they will extend the service and not have to change at Clonsilla etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

The guy in the site office have numbers of all the sub contractors (Plumber, Tiler, Electrician) etc

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

conor-mr2 wrote:
    Sure....pm sent

Sorry, my above post was before i saw this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

cocoa123 wrote: »

I bought an EMF meter before buying the house and measured the area and the one where I live is pretty safe and is not affected at all, but closer to pylons - more the EMF radiation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Arsen5

Hi guys, In February I registered for the new phase of houses in Hansfield, they said they're to contact again before it's released, but no contact yet. Shall I call them ?(I don't want to appear desperate but I really like to buy there as it nearly tick every box for me).

Advertisement