Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Arsen5 wrote:
    Hi guys, In February I registered for the new phase of houses in Hansfield, they said they're to contact again before it's released, but no contact yet. Shall I call them ?(I don't want to appear desperate but I really like to buy there as it nearly tick every box for me).

Show house will be open on 21st May.

The price of a new house doesn't depend upon how desperate the buyer is as the prices are fixed. Call agents to double check the date

• Registered Users Posts: 3 joyb

Anyone have any clue when Barnwell Sq will be complete? In Nov when I paid the token they said May. But Now they say it could be Jul-Aug. 9-10 months waiting for the home is really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

They're only erecting the last of the roof frames on the western section of Square houses at the moment. The northern section are more advanced. It's possible they may be completed by Aug as the remaining completion work usually progresses a lot quicker than the slower foundation work etc.

East and South sections of Barnwell Square still not even have foundations laid (maybe they're part of a later phase).

The square is starting to look more boxed in nowadays - will be more so when the remaining sections are complete although I suppose it will still look better than what it was with the idle space around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

joyb wrote: »
    Anyone have any clue when Barnwell Sq will be complete? In Nov when I paid the token they said May. But Now they say it could be Jul-Aug. 9-10 months waiting for the home is really annoying.
    keep pressure on the builder I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dalvinder86

Hello All,

Is there any future plans in the pipeline for linking Conolly and Pearse station trains so as these trains will also stop at Hansfield train station and not just Docklands? It's always good to have various train options open incase we miss Docklands train since there is just Docklands train stops at Hansfield at the moment. Thanks

• Advertisement

No plans for forseeable future. You will just have to continue to change trains at Clonsilla or any of the stops as far as Broombridge if you want to join a train that goes directly into city centre. The off peak shuttle trains from M3 Parkway to Clonsilla are timed to connect with the trains from Maynooth for the most part so there should usually be no more than a 5 minute wait at Clonsilla.

Another option next year however is when the Luas cross city opens up and you can get off at Broombridge and take the Luas there which will stop at all city centre Luas stops and onto Dundrum/Sandyford.

Direct trains are nice but bear in mind in most large city transport systems, (Tube/Metro etc) changing trains once or twice is the relative norm to get to your end destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Would people expect these house in phase 2 to be cheaper than the first phase given that they are closer to the huge Electricity towers?

Apart from being massive eyesores, some of these houses have High voltage electricity lines running directly overhead.

Then there are also Electromagnetic Radiation Concerns to your / your kids health.

I am considering buying in the next phases but this is really putting me off tbh :-/

Anyone else concerned about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Slimdowngal

I would hazard a guess at no, they wont be cheaper because some of them are closer to the pylons. I think the houses being released in May will be more expensive than the last release. Thats just my thoughts on it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

There are no proven side-effects from overhead power lines/EMF etc (unless of the bloody things fall on you) so that shouldn't be a concern for anyone but the most paranoid amongst us. (Dont tell anyone in the conspiracy theories forum though, they'll lose their tin foil hats in their rush to hijack this thread!)
    If I was looking to buy there I'd be more concerned that they just look so gank in a residential area, and that they'd attract kids as somewhere to climb.

Gaspode wrote: »
    There are no proven side-effects from overhead power lines/EMF etc (unless of the bloody things fall on you) so that shouldn't be a concern for anyone but the most paranoid amongst us. (Dont tell anyone in the conspiracy theories forum though, they'll lose their tin foil hats in their rush to hijack this thread!)
    If I was looking to buy there I'd be more concerned that they just look so gank in a residential area, and that they'd attract kids as somewhere to climb.

Fair enough, but the massive pilons and overhead lines look ansoluteley horrible.
    Makes it look like a cheap industrial area and take away from the nice homely aspect a residential area is supposed to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

There was a plan which supposed to move the cables underground. Unfortunately they shelved it due to cost (I think)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

ION08 wrote: »
    Fair enough, but the massive pilons and overhead lines look ansoluteley horrible.
    Makes it look like a cheap industrial area and take away from the nice homely aspect a residential area is supposed to have.

Agreed, they are awful looking yokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭padski08

Can anyone advise if there is a layout of phase 2 available?
    Not seen it in their site and expect it maybe only released on the 20th

No official site plan yet but the siteplans from the other brochures from Phase 1 give you a good idea of the layout for Phase 2 even though everything is greyed out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Try looking up the planning permission. It'll be on the council's website and should have the site plan included.

padski08 wrote: »
    Can anyone advise if there is a layout of phase 2 available?
    Not seen it in their site and expect it maybe only released on the 20th

Not sure what phase 2 of the developments are but below gives you layouts of the various schemes under way or in planning in the Hansfield/Ongar area

The existing Barnwell development (some already completed, some under construction)
    http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00464162.pdf

Layout for the area around bakery (west of the Educate Together schools)
    http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00489453.pdf

Layout for the area off Allendale roundabout
    http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00512315.pdf

Layout for the area east of Station Road and south of Ongar Distributor Road
    http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00518398.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Guys if you want to link docs from the FingalCoCo website you have to do it like this:
    http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/Northgate.WebSearch/Download.aspx?ID=XXXXXX

Where XXXXXX is the ID of the doc you want, so for Conor's first doc 00464162.pdf the link would be:

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/Northgate.WebSearch/Download.aspx?ID=00464162

btw does anyone know where to find drawings of the N3 – N4 Barnhill to Leixlip Interchange? I'm curious about the route it will take.

Thanks and apologies...I didn't realise the links I copied failed to paste to the right format!

ongarboy wrote: »
    Thanks and apologies...I didn't realise the links I copied failed to paste to the right format!

I am able to open those links which you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭padski08

ongarboy wrote: »
    Your links worked perfectly for me, just not best to try understand them on my phone I realized quickly :)

• Advertisement

interesting - they fail to launch on my laptop but do when I just logged into the Boards app on my phone!!:confused: I guess follow Dr Teeth's instructions if you can't access them. You can also search in the fingalcoco.ie planning section.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Arsen5

Hi guys, I saw that they advertise the prices for the 3beds houses in the new phase but they put (Price on application) on the 4 beds!!. I got a bit anxious are they planning a bidding war or something?. Any idea why they did that?.

Where are you seeing prices for the 3 beds in the new phase??

ION08 wrote: »
    Where are you seeing prices for the 3 beds in the new phase??
    On Daft.ie search new houses in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Slimdowngal

That looks like its the houses they released towards the end of last year, the square and not the new phase. Sure they were selling off a few remaining 3 beds in the Square a few months back and they went up to 299,000.

I still think the new phase will be more. I looked at the floor plans for all of the 5 showhouses at the start of the new year and they are all different to the 'old' phase floor plans.

Just in case you haven't seen the posts on the Hansfield facebbok page,

2 Beds start from €240K
    3 Beds start from €265K
    4 Beds start from €370K

Best of luck to those who are going to buy it there.

bbari wrote: »
    Just in case you haven't seen the posts on the Hansfield facebbok page,

2 Beds start from €240K
    3 Beds start from €265K
    4 Beds start from €370K

Best of luck to those who are going to buy it there.
    Seriously? Are all 4 beds detached then or why that huge increase?!

As per their FB page and comments - 4 beds are only detached format. Their semi d prices were up to 355K and compared to that I don't think their prices are increased at all.

Hi guys, looking for advice please,going tomorrow to see the show house, was waiting for 4 beds semi/terrace (thought it would be near last phase prices where terrace and some semi were €300k to €335k),but looks like 4beds now is way out of my budget so likely to settle for the 3beds, any advice of how to (if possible) ask & get a big 3 beds that I can add conservatory room in future, also is it possible that their builder will be able to add it during construction with wiring & all that? Any advice is welcomed
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Arsen5 wrote:
    Hi guys, looking for advice please,going tomorrow to see the show house, was waiting for 4 beds semi/terrace (thought it would be near last phase prices where terrace and some semi were €300k to €335k),but looks like 4beds now is way out of my budget so likely to settle for the 3beds, any advice of how to (if possible) ask & get a big 3 beds that I can add conservatory room in future, also is it possible that their builder will be able to add it during construction with wiring & all that? Any advice is welcomed Thanks

I don't think that one house can be bigger than the other but back garden can be. Why not enquire about the size of the attic and see if it's possible to change that into bedroom/ensuite ?

Advertisement