Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Arsen5

bbari wrote: »
    I don't think that one house can be bigger than the other but back garden can be. Why not enquire about the size of the attic and see if it's possible to change that into bedroom/ensuite ?
    Thanks bbari, I meant the back garden, I asked during last phase he said attic conversion wasn't possible in last phase houses, but will ask again today.
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

Arsen5 wrote: »
    Thanks bbari, I meant the back garden, I asked during last phase he said attic conversion wasn't possible in last phase houses, but will ask again today.
    Thanks again

AFAIK three bed house attics can be converted to 4th bed, at least our neighbour plans to do so. Regarding back gardens - some of them are significantly bigger than others, you might want to consider this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Is there additional school and amenities being built.

What about transport, I'm always on to Irish rail about their overcrowded trains, short answer they've no more available rolling stock.

No direct bus service into town they all go on a day trip through the whole of blanchardstown, bar the one that departs ongar at 5.20am

The N3/navan road is jammed from 6.40am to 9.30/10am and the same in the evening time.

What positive is this housing estate going to bring?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Yeah 4 beds start at 365.

I was over at the launch tonight. Looks like a lot were snapped up.

I love the decor!

I don't think that one house can be bigger than the other but back garden can be. Why not enquire about the size of the attic and see if it's possible to change that into bedroom/ensuite ?
    Thanks again

Usually the builder won't convert the attic for you because it wobt comply with the planning permission they were granted. Some people will buy then convert the attic with a separate builder.

• Advertisement

Phil.x wrote: »

What about transport, I'm always on to Irish rail about their overcrowded trains, short answer they've no more available rolling stock.

No direct bus service into town they all go on a day trip through the whole of blanchardstown, bar the one that departs ongar at 5.20am

The N3/navan road is jammed from 6.40am to 9.30/10am and the same in the evening time.

Primary and secondary school directly in the area.

Train does get you into city centre in a half hour. Don't know what capacity on trains is like myself because I work locally

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

Hi,

I have booked a house in Barnwell new phase. One problem is electric lines are going near the house. Any one knows, Does it affect our health and safety in any way?
    Also, Any idea about where will they give 10% for county council?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Slimdowngal

We were just up at the show houses. They are all sold out. Houses look good. Glad we bought ours before this release, we would have had to fork out another 15grand if we did.

How did other interested buyers get on, get what you wanted?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭padski08

We were just up at the show houses. They are all sold out. Houses look good. Glad we bought ours before this release, we would have had to fork out another 15grand if we did.

Was up yesterday at 5. The ones we had our eye on we're not available to launch until October so left empty handed. Demand was huge and knew they would be gone by last night/ today

I would guess the next phase (October estimated release) will increase in price if demand is taken into account

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Arsen5

Houses looks good, with good room size. Huge demand by the look of yesterday. Put a booking deposit & fingers crossed things will go smoothly with the bank (they're very fussy about every detail).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭outlooks

cpstears wrote: »
    A New Thread for the owners or future owners of properties in the Barnwell at Hansfield Development near Ongar, Dublin 15.

Hopefully this thread will grow. Enjoy

More became available this month http://touch.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/clonsilla/3-bedroom-barnwell-hansfield-station-road-hansfield-clonsilla-dublin-1042264/

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Houses looks good, with good room size. Huge demand by the look of yesterday. Put a booking deposit & fingers crossed things will go smoothly with the bank (they're very fussy about every detail).

Congratulations and the best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 maniaa83

Thomas16 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have booked a house in Barnwell new phase. One problem is electric lines are going near the house. Any one knows, Does it affect our health and safety in any way?
    Also, Any idea about where will they give 10% for county council?

Yes ofcourse its affective your health. Everything whats is less then 300m will be affected by this in long term. Just google this and you will see. I was surprise those house close to electric lines gone quickly. But maybe people not much care about health but how house look like :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Gaspode wrote: »
    There are no proven side-effects from overhead power lines/EMF etc (unless of the bloody things fall on you) so that shouldn't be a concern for anyone but the most paranoid amongst us. (Dont tell anyone in the conspiracy theories forum though, they'll lose their tin foil hats in their rush to hijack this thread!)
    If I was looking to buy there I'd be more concerned that they just look so gank in a residential area, and that they'd attract kids as somewhere to climb.

I'm quoting this from just a page or so back as the question about the overhead lines was already raised.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

maniaa83 wrote: »
    Yes ofcourse its affective your health. Everything whats is less then 300m will be affected by this in long term. Just google this and you will see. I was surprise those house close to electric lines gone quickly. But maybe people not much care about health but how house look like :-)

No, it doesn't. Pseudoscientific nonsense

L1011 wrote: »
    No, it doesn't. Pseudoscientific nonsense

yea right. Just google :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

maniaa83 wrote: »
    yea right. Just google :-)

I have a technical/engineering degree, I don't need google to know extremely basic facts (actually, the physics leaving cert and science junior cert would both be sufficient for that)

You are believing nonsense peddlers, not science. Please stop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Agreed. No more on this subject please, it's off-topic. Conspiracy theory forum may be more appropriate for that discussion

you might see technical/engineering degree in your dreams. Im not going to talk to you about this - is no point and its everyone choice where they wants to leave. I dont give a ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Maniaa83 banned for 1 day for blatantly ignoring mod instruction. Lets keep it on topic please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Conspiracies aside, one thing that's for sure is that they look absolutely terrible.

IMO they really bring down the overall look and feel of what is supposed to be a nice residential area not an industrial estate.

I really hate to say this but it's always the "lower class" areas that seem to be built around massive electricity masts.

Also i'm not sure if anyone noticed but the showhome had a high voltage electricity box right outside its driveway.. which was conveniently photoshopped out of the brochure pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭DvB

ION08 wrote: »
    Conspiracies aside, one thing that's for sure is that they look absolutely terrible.

IMO they really bring down the overall look and feel of what is supposed to be a nice residential area not an industrial estate.

I really hate to say this but it's always the "lower class" areas that seem to be built around massive electricity masts.

Also i'm not sure if anyone noticed but the showhome had a high voltage electricity box right outside its driveway.. which was conveniently photoshopped out of the brochure pictures.

We have a class structure now? & more to the point, why would this area be considered 'Lower class' anyway?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I think some people's reactions to the pylons are a little OTT. Yes, they are not the most visually appealing but the same pylons continue on through the Allendale estate further east and I don't think that neighbourhood looks hideous as a result. And Allendale certainly is not a lower class estate so that class theory is way off. Most homes there are worth at least 300K. Likewise they cut through Hartstown and the houses and area there are also not overly affected visually.

I would view the pylons the same way we all had to endure overhead telegraph/ESB cables linked from street lights/telephone poles etc years ago. Yes, they are better underground but they are not the blight on the public vista some are making them out to be so wouldn't be a deal breaker for me personally if I was looking to buy in such an area. Living right next to a supermarket, school, train track or other such noisy or traffic congested facilities would be a bigger deterrent for me. I like having such facilities within walking distance (eg a kilometer away maybe) but not right on my doorstep.

Did any one try to get correct measurement of back garden/front car parking area of the booked house? Because back garden sizes different for each houses. I think, some houses have very less than that of the show houses.

Thomas16 wrote: »
    Did any one try to get correct measurement of back garden/front car parking area of the booked house? Because back garden sizes different for each houses. I think, some houses have very less than that of the show houses.

I saw this a while ago, it shows all the info you are looking for. Pretty useful info

https://www.docdroid.net/C3F1OAK/hansfield-layout.pdf.html

Phil.x wrote: »

I commute by train everyday and there are always seats at least till Ashtown station during the peak hours. Never had to stand in the train, this is because trains start at M3 Parkway and Hansfield is the 3rd station.

New primary school was opened in 2014 and the secondary is launching this year.

Question for those who have moved in and have the UPC/Virgin Media, I can see that Barnwell Lawn have the UPC availability but the houses opposite to BW Lawn in Barnwell Gate and Barnwell Crescent doesn't have the availability. Did you have to ask builders to do some further works or what else was involved ?

I saw this a while ago, it shows all the info you are looking for. Pretty useful info

Thanks Bhari... Anyway I asked to kelly walsh people, haven't got yet....

Question for those who have moved in and have the UPC/Virgin Media, I can see that Barnwell Lawn have the UPC availability but the houses opposite to BW Lawn in Barnwell Gate and Barnwell Crescent doesn't have the availability. Did you have to ask builders to do some further works or what else was involved ?

Not really, I think the builders will contract with Virgin media later so they could do the cabling. I just know that the availability wasn't there when houses were "ready", it came along later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

Contact the builder and ask him about the cabling . Michael is the right person
    Also raise a request to Virgin media 1 month in advance and keep chasing.

Advertisement