Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Arsen5

Got approval in principle today, such a huge relief. Have a question,I put a booking deposit on 20th/May they said house will be ready in 4-6 weeks, they took my solicitor details but today they sent me an email that I have to sign the contract & pay the rest of the deposit before Monday otherwise I will loose the 2k voucher on kitchen appliances. They mentioned an email that was sent to me about that before but I checked my email even the junk couldn't find any email from them after I put the booking deposit. I haven't even saw the particular house from inside yet!!, any help here as you would expect I'm stretched to my limit currently & really don't want to loose the voucher (deposit money is in 21days notice account).

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Arsen5 wrote:
    Got approval in principle today, such a huge relief. Have a question,I put a booking deposit on 20th/May they said house will be ready in 4-6 weeks, they took my solicitor details but today they sent me an email that I have to sign the contract & pay the rest of the deposit before Monday otherwise I will loose the 2k voucher on kitchen appliances. They mentioned an email that was sent to me about that before but I checked my email even the junk couldn't find any email from them after I put the booking deposit. I haven't even saw the particular house from inside yet!!, any help here as you would expect I'm stretched to my limit currently & really don't want to loose the voucher (deposit money is in 21days notice account).

To avoid the arguments pay them the deposit (if you can) and be done with it. I was told the same thing and so as everyone in their show houses few weeks ago.

PS: Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

Arsen5 wrote: »

They sent an email on 30-May (Mon, May 30, 2016) by Sean Dillane. 21 days calculated from 30-May and ends up on next Monday 20-Jun. I think, if You want to sign the contract and pay 10% deposit, You have to have mortgage "Offer Letter" (next level after approval in principle).

Can anyone please tell how much is the management company fee? What does the fee cover? Just grass cutting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Can't get over how fast the first few houses have gone up over by the Allendale roundabout side. The billboard sign on site says the area will be known as Hansfield Wood. They've also created a new road off the roundabout to Clonsilla so you no longer have to make that nuisance left turn right turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Slimdowngal

bbari wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell how much is the management company fee? What does the fee cover? Just grass cutting?

Helena said to me before it covers plant maintenance, grass cutting. €200 a year approx she told me.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Can't get over how fast the first few houses have gone up over by the Allendale roundabout side. The billboard sign on site says the area will be known as Hansfield Wood. They've also created a new road off the roundabout to Clonsilla so you no longer have to make that nuisance left turn right turn.

If all the houses get built, its going to be a big development. I found the plans online a while back. Its meant to stretch right onto Barnwell/Station Road.

That's also my concern as well. Around 150 houses in Barnwell (including by September launch). Also, again around 50 houses may be coming in Barnwell (near railway station, in the other side of overhead ESB line).
    New houses are coming in the Hansfield Wood (say around 100) which is opposite of Barnwell.
    Again next launch in Catlegrange as well. Then, How congested these area after these developments?

Thomas16 wrote: »
    That's also my concern as well. Around 150 houses in Barnwell (including by September launch). Also, again around 50 houses may be coming in Barnwell (near railway station, in the other side of overhead ESB line).
    New houses are coming in the Hansfield Wood (say around 100) which is opposite of Barnwell.
    Again next launch in Catlegrange as well. Then, How congested these area after these developments?

As congested/large as say Laurel Lodge. With the new development close to the Carpenter, LL sprawls. I dont consider that area over congested.

• Advertisement

Helena said to me before it covers plant maintenance, grass cutting. €200 a year approx she told me.

200 or 230?

200 or 230?

I dont remember exactly but she said 200ish.

Just a quick question, for those like me who were told at the launch on 20th/May that houses will be ready in 4-6 weeks and payed the 10%deposit, when is the expected closure date?.

Just a quick question, for those like me who were told at the launch on 20th/May that houses will be ready in 4-6 weeks and payed the 10%deposit, when is the expected closure date?.

Well our house was built ages ago as it was the end of the old phase (we are buying the three storey semi d house on corner). We signed initial contracts at start of May, was told it would be ready towards the end of June. Looking like it might be end of July now. The builders take the middle 2 weeks in July off on hols too.

Sooooo if it was me, I would take that 4-6 weeks with a pinch of salt. I would look at August as a closing date if I were you.

Interesting and fairly detailed write up on the newer homes for sale in Barnwell in an article from last month in the Indo. Not sure if Phoenix Park really is only 10 minutes away - I'd say the Castleknock gates are closer to 20?

http://www.independent.ie/life/home-garden/homes/the-new-home-view-making-a-fresh-start-in-created-barnwell-village-34730818.html

The 4 schemes already granted permission in the last year and have started or due to start construction will consist of over 550 homes and apartments. That still does not account for the green spaces beyond the pylons and closer to the train station that will also be developed sometime in the future. Yes, it will mean a busier area but because there is a train station in the vicinity, higher densities will be permitted to enable such high cost public transport options to be justified. Hopefully in the future, the increased populations will allow for more frequent services from Hansfield station and/or direct services to Connolly.

I still think Ongar/Hansfield is one of the better forward planning areas of Dublin as regards infrastructure. The main artery roads all have bus lanes, dedicated cycle paths, numerous signalled pedestrian crossings, denominated and non denominated schools, the opening of Hansfield station...after lying idle for years.. and a village main street with all the neighbourhood shop requirements. There are so many other parts of Dublin where you have to drive several kms for a litre of milk or much crappier public transport! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

The 4 schemes already granted permission in the last year and have started or due to start construction will consist of over 550 homes and apartments. That still does not account for the green spaces beyond the pylons and closer to the train station that will also be developed sometime in the future. Yes, it will mean a busier area but because there is a train station in the vicinity, higher densities will be permitted to enable such high cost public transport options to be justified. Hopefully in the future, the increased populations will allow for more frequent services from Hansfield station and/or direct services to Connolly.

I still think Ongar/Hansfield is one of the better forward planning areas of Dublin as regards infrastructure. The main artery roads all have bus lanes, dedicated cycle paths, numerous signalled pedestrian crossings, denominated and non denominated schools, the opening of Hansfield station...after lying idle for years.. and a village main street with all the neighbourhood shop requirements. There are so many other parts of Dublin where you have to drive several kms for a litre of milk or much crappier public transport! :)

When I was choosing a house there were several important items for me:

* Train station for fast commute to town, as I hate buses as they are much less comfortable and they are usually unreliable.
    * Schools in vicinity for my growing son
    * Shops in a walking distance

So this particular location was a no-brainer for me, esp. if you compare to houses in Swords or in south (not on the DART or Luas)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Interesting and fairly detailed write up on the newer homes for sale in Barnwell in an article from last month in the Indo. Not sure if Phoenix Park really is only 10 minutes away - I'd say the Castleknock gates are closer to 20?

http://www.independent.ie/life/home-garden/homes/the-new-home-view-making-a-fresh-start-in-created-barnwell-village-34730818.html

AA Roadwatch calculate Hansfield ET to Ashtown Gate at 13 minutes. Doubt you will find a quicker route.

Godge wrote: »
    AA Roadwatch calculate Hansfield ET to Ashtown Gate at 13 minutes. Doubt you will find a quicker route.

That is probably with no cars on the road and all the lights being green. Im from Delwood and it can take 10 mins to get from Ongar to Delwood, easily.

Hi, any one did their flooring through the builder?, is it cheaper than trying to buy the flooring materials my self and get some one else to install it?. Any rough estimation cost for 3 beds 125ms (porcelain kitchen & hallway, laminate living room & carpet for the rest).?

• Advertisement

Hi, If any one know about the school "scoil bhride in Church Avenue, Blanchardstown", Is this good school ??

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

Hi, any one did their flooring through the builder?, is it cheaper than trying to buy the flooring materials my self and get some one else to install it?. Any rough estimation cost for 3 beds 125ms (porcelain kitchen & hallway, laminate living room & carpet for the rest).?

hi there .. its a personal choice tbh.
    doing it with someone outside gives u flexibility on what u want but builder wont allow until u sign snag.
    getting it done with jimmy is also ok if u negotiate hard with him. i would prefer doing it thru jimy (builder tiler) if he offers good price. or even a small difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Erin.D

Hello, I'm looking to buy a home in Adamstown but only to find out they're made from timber frame? I have friends in barnwell hansfield in the old phases, from like 7 years ago and they said their house is timber frame but wanted to make sure. Anyone can help me would be great! Also any noise disturbance if the houses are timber frame?
    Thanks

Erin.D wrote: »
    Hello, I'm looking to buy a home in Adamstown but only to find out they're made from timber frame? I have friends in barnwell hansfield in the old phases, from like 7 years ago and they said their house is timber frame but wanted to make sure. Anyone can help me would be great! Also any noise disturbance if the houses are timber frame?
    Thanks
    Even new houses' frames are made of timber and I prefer it over anything else. It is not noisy at all and the insulation is good (in terms of noise and air).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 joyb

To all who are waiting for their houses to be finished in Barnwell Square NORTH, I think we have the least front garden space available across the entire estate due to the newly constructed pedestrian path across barnwell sq north road. It could be difficult to park a second car in front of our home.

Does anyone think the roadway is ridiculously narrow in front of the newer houses built in the corner site just inside from the Station Road roundabout?

ongarboy wrote:
    Does anyone think the roadway is ridiculously narrow in front of the newer houses built in the corner site just inside from the Station Road roundabout?

It absolutely is. I drive through it everyday. As per the developer they had to make it narrow due to safety reasons.

bbari wrote: »
    It absolutely is. I drive through it everyday. As per the developer they had to make it narrow due to safety reasons.
    We asked that question during the AGM and they stated the same, technically it shall force cars to move slower, however I'd love to see ramps as well cause some drivers are ignorant and drive like crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gedrime

Hi, I am buying a house in Barnwell and was hopping anyone who already gone through it could recommend a good solicitor - we want to close the deal asap so need a solicitor who would not drag the deal.

• Advertisement

Gedrime wrote: »
    Hi, I am buying a house in Barnwell and was hopping anyone who already gone through it could recommend a good solicitor - we want to close the deal asap so need a solicitor who would not drag the deal.

I can see if I can send you a pm with our solicitor details. We just closed on sale on Friday.

Advertisement