Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dalvinder86

Hi all, anyone know if there will be straight footpath from Hansfield station to Clonsilla station? This will cut lot of walk. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Hi all, anyone know if there will be straight footpath from Hansfield station to Clonsilla station? This will cut lot of walk. Thanks

Not sure but I would absolutely love a pedestrian access to the canal from or around the Hansfield station as I would definitely go on more canal walks if there was. I hate having to walk all the way down to Clonsilla just to access the canal. It would also mean a 10 minute or less walk between the two stations rather than the half hour it takes now (which I've had to do once or twice when M3 parkway services were cancelled without warning).

PS if anyone hasn't done it yet, the canal walk west of Clonsilla/Hansfield is lovely on a fine day. You really feel like you're in the middle of the countryside with all the open fields/farms and nature. I highly recommend it!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

Every time I pass on the train I think of taking my bike and riding down there, it is indeed beautiful. Do you know if you can walk/ride eastwards, down to Castleknock?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

phoenix49 wrote: »
    Every time I pass on the train I think of taking my bike and riding down there, it is indeed beautiful. Do you know if you can walk/ride eastwards, down to Castleknock?

You can walk or cycle.
    Its a good surface until Porterstown Lane but then its turn into a rough terrain trail with rock & tree roots until it flattens out again at Castleknock train station.
    I cycle it regularly, good fun if you like going over rough ground.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

The canal is great for walking, I recently walked it from Ashtown all the way to Maynooth (train back!). We met plenty of cyclists along the way so I see no reason why you couldn't cycle towards Castleknock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Slimdowngal

Does anyone know what the exact story is TV dish in the estate? Are they allowed under any circumstances? I've been told what TV provider we go with is none of the management company's concern however it will seem putting up a dish anywhere on the property is next to impossible due to their rules. I'm having a headache of a time with it and to be honest, it's not something I need to be dealing with right now. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭1123heavy

Does anyone know what the exact story is TV dish in the estate? Are they allowed under any circumstances? I've been told what TV provider we go with is none of the management company's concern however it will seem putting up a dish anywhere on the property is next to impossible due to their rules. I'm having a headache of a time with it and to be honest, it's not something I need to be dealing with right now. Thanks.

Sure we've two, don't worry about it.

But are you with the new management company in the new phase?

We are in the 3 storey house right at the corner, front of the estate and the dish needs to be pointing away from the back of the house. The dish technically needs to be pointing into the house if you know what I mean. We have to move it. Someone is coming out today to see if it can be moved and still get a signal. Pain.

But are you with the new management company in the new phase?

We are in the 3 storey house right at the corner, front of the estate and the dish needs to be pointing away from the back of the house. The dish technically needs to be pointing into the house if you know what I mean. We have to move it. Someone is coming out today to see if it can be moved and still get a signal. Pain.

Putting it at the front of the property may be an issue because it will be on show. We have our's at the back facing the direction where your house actually is. Can't you put them to the side?

All I can say is if you're worried about the management company then I wouldn't care. Seven years on the estate and my rating of them (new and old) would be 1/10. Collect the fee and that's about all they're really concerned with.

You do what you need to to watch your tele.

They are saying the side is not suitable either as it's on view.

Putting it on the garden wall on a horrible extension arm might be our only option, which is ugly really. THere is a small bit of wall right at the top of our house but it's right at the top of the 3rd floor and it's impossible to reach there with a ladder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

That part isn't correct, I have a dish on the back and it isn't a problem because it isn't visible. You aren't allowed to put the dish on the front of the house and I was told the same thing. You might get signals if you put the dish on the back wall of the house (not the kitchen wall but the outside wall where the entrance door is). I can feel the pain as I have dealt with the similar issue in my previous THREE houses!

I wouldn't worry about them being visible to people. Our's are to the rear of the property and are clearly visible to anybody driving by the house on the main road. Have you tried putting them right at the corner on your back wall and simply turning the dish south east? Is it one that can move on its axis? There won't be a need for an extension pole if you can do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

We have similar management company rules across the way in Ongar but it is clearly ignored by everyone. Every house and apartment has visible dishes on their exteriors. Not sure if your company will be stricter though ....

ongarboy wrote: »
    Not sure if your company will be stricter though ....

This depends on whether the neighbours complain. The management company here at Barnwell don't go around the houses looking dishes, badly parked cars etc.

Unless you're grassed up by a neighbour the management company know nothing.

I've had personal experience with this by a rather hypocritical neighbour of mine.

bbari - this is where I was thinking of putting it, on the back wall in the garden where the back-entrance gate is. Ugly and very visible though.

Ongarboy- think our mngt company is alot stricter.

1123H - there has to be a way of angling it so the signal is pointing the right way. The back of our house is pointing the wrong way to get the signal, bbari's house is the better orientation to get the signal.

Wait and see what the guy this evening says. Feel free to pop over and give me all your possible suggestions! You know where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ian_80

Just wondering does anyone have an email address for the management company?

You know where I am.

I think I do.

I believe the angle you want is facing south east, the same way I have it. If I have correctly identified your house, then facing towards the front of your house you would ideally have them on the left side of the rear wall pointing away from your house, towards the new entrance (with "Barnwell" engraved in the brick).

bbari - this is where I was thinking of putting it, on the back wall in the garden where the back-entrance gate is. Ugly and very visible though.

Hopefully you will get signal there without putting it on a pole and by just screwing it on the wall. They may have an issue if you put in on a pole in the back garden as it will still be visible from the back - Grrrrr! As the other neighbour (1123H) suggested you can ignore them but it will be a constant and an unwanted headache.

I would think they would take it down if the location didn't please them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

A little bit off the current topic, but I'm looking at buying in the next couple of months. Does anyone know if the September launch is still going ahead? The houses look absolutely lovely on daft anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Yep. New phase launch in September

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Seanie30

Hi all!

A few quick-fire questions!

It's being stated that phases thus far are sold out; does that include the September 2016 phase?

Second question! Will there be further phases again after September 2016?

Third question!! For those of you have bought or done so before elsewhere; what do they mean by registering for a phase? Is that just registering interest as such?

Finally! When buying a house as would be the case with Barnwell; when does the money change hands!? At the very end when handing over keys or perhaps at the start? I have no clue, my apologies. This is all new to me but thank you all inadvance for any light you can shed on things.

Seanie30 wrote: »
    Hi all!

A few quick-fire questions!

It's being stated that phases thus far are sold out; does that include the September 2016 phase?
    No, Sep 16 houses are to be released yet.

Second question! Will there be further phases again after September 2016?
    AFAIK they own the land up to the train station so they will keep building

Third question!! For those of you have bought or done so before elsewhere; what do they mean by registering for a phase? Is that just registering interest as such?
    Yes, just give then your email address so that they can notify you. like their page on the fb so that you can get all the updates on time

Finally! When buying a house as would be the case with Barnwell; when does the money change hands!? At the very end when handing over keys or perhaps at the start? I have no clue, my apologies. This is all new to me but thank you all inadvance for any light you can shed on things
    You pay 2K as booking deposit, 10% when signing contracts which is usually within few weeks and the balance when you get keys..

That's my understanding...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Seanie30

Thanks a million bbari! Extremely helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gedrime

Hi there. Another question for those who have bought a house in Barnwell in 2015/16.

We were told by kitchen company that if we want to change the color of our worktop (same brand and spec, just a different colour), we will have to pay €200 for the fact that they accomodate it. Anyone else experienced same? I thought you only need to pay if you want to upgrade (which we did with wardrobes where we asked for an extra section to be added).

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

Gedrime wrote: »
    Hi there. Another question for those who have bought a house in Barnwell in 2015/16.

We were told by kitchen company that if we want to change the color of our worktop (same brand and spec, just a different colour), we will have to pay 200 for the fact that they accomodate it. Anyone else experienced same? I thought you only need to pay if you want to upgrade (which we did with wardrobes where we asked for an extra section to be added).
    Hearing that for the first time . R u sure ? Did u go to their office or just had a chat on phone . They have multiple choices for same material . For earlier phases people got 3 choices for the kitchen itself . And worktop was anyways a small thing .
    Any additional work by the same guys I know is a bit expensive as compared to outside but now they have tarted doo him small things , pls double check with builder

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gedrime

gogreen81 wrote: »
    Hearing that for the first time . R u sure ? Did u go to their office or just had a chat on phone . They have multiple choices for same material . For earlier phases people got 3 choices for the kitchen itself . And worktop was anyways a small thing .
    Any additional work by the same guys I know is a bit expensive as compared to outside but now they have tarted doo him small things , pls double check with builder

Thanks gogreen81 for a tip, I've dropped an email to the builder to inquire what changes are contractually agreed and allowed.

The reason I have concers is the way the guy I spoke in the shop (his name was given to us by the builders) handled everything. It sounded like he came up with a figure here and then. He confirmed in the email details agreed, but not €200 which made me feel more doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Arsen5

Gedrime wrote: »

We were told by kitchen company that if we want to change the color of our worktop (same brand and spec, just a different colour), we will have to pay €200 for the fact that they accomodate it. Anyone else experienced same? I thought you only need to pay if you want to upgrade (which we did with wardrobes where we asked for an extra section to be added).
    Hi Gedrim, I had the same (limited colours options & often not matching the floor or the paint or even the citchen cabinets). So we ended up paying 200€ for a better colour same material.

• Advertisement

A question for the residents about the water quality in your house.
    We got the reverse osmosis system for the drinking water. We are looking to get lime scale remover / water softener system for the rest of the house as the lime scale is building up on the kitchen sink, taps, shower screens etc. What's the water quality like in your house ? Have any of you got the lime scale remover system and can anyone recommend a company ? TIA

Advertisement