Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

There is a thread here which might be of interest, but don't get suckered into buying more than you really need, sales reps can be very convincing.

EIT: Apologies, I see you posted on that thread already!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

bbari wrote: »
    A question for the residents about the water quality in your house.
    We got the reverse osmosis system for the drinking water. We are looking to get lime scale remover / water softener system for the rest of the house as the lime scale is building up on the kitchen sink, taps, shower screens etc. What's the water quality like in your house ? Have any of you got the lime scale remover system and can anyone recommend a company ? TIA
    Hey bbari , PM ,ed you the details

It's ewt or eiraqua ppl are going with mostly here

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Arsen5

Hi, looking for good deal on flooring? Any help is welcomed.(kitchen is done looking for laminate/carpet for living room & bed rooms). Should I still go with Jimmy?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Arsen5 wrote: »
    Hi, looking for good deal on flooring? Any help is welcomed.(kitchen is done looking for laminate/carpet for living room & bed rooms). Should I still go with Jimmy?

AFAIK Jimmy does the tiling only.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

Better getting it done from the place u r buying th laminates or carpets . Personally I would stay away from des kelly coolmine and actually other des kelly stores as well. Based on my experience with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Next phase of Barnwell will have show house viewings on Oct 15th/16th.

I'm guessing those are the houses recently completed nearest the pylons?

http://www.hansfieldhomes.com/barnwell/home

PS. Does anyone know why the road between the two Educate Together schools is still blocked off? I assumed it would open now that the secondary school has opened. Residents must be annoyed with still only having a single access to the entire area.

Does anyone know when we will get the 2 k voucher for kitchen appliances ?

Does anyone know when we will get the 2 k voucher for kitchen appliances ?

The 1st phase residents can't answer this qs as this is something new they introduced. in the phase 1 they installed all the "white goods" as opposed to giving the 2K voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

ongarboy wrote: »
    Next phase of Barnwell will have show house viewings on Oct 15th/16th.

I'm guessing those are the houses recently completed nearest the pylons?

http://www.hansfieldhomes.com/barnwell/home

PS. Does anyone know why the road between the two Educate Together schools is still blocked off? I assumed it would open now that the secondary school has opened. Residents must be annoyed with still only having a single access to the entire area.

I guess it's not technically a public / council road until the builders finish their work on the houses and kerbs along there and hand it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 birca1987

Hi Arsen5, did you go with Jimmy for tiling in the bathrooms and kitchen? Was he expensive? What was your quote for all this?Have they done good job?
    Just received today email from Jimmy about extra tiling. Don't know what is coming with default yet.
    One last question.
    What is your experience with time to get the keys. We signed the contracts in august and they said 6 month for completing, but they are going quick, had electricians to install the extra LAN cables in the house 2 weeks ago and now I can see the walls are with plasterboard.
    Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

birca1987 wrote: »
    Hi Arsen5, did you go with Jimmy for tiling in the bathrooms and kitchen? Was he expensive? What was your quote for all this?Have they done good job?
    Just received today email from Jimmy about extra tiling. Don't know what is coming with default yet.
    One last question.
    What is your experience with time to get the keys. We signed the contracts in august and they said 6 month for completing, but they are going quick, had electricians to install the extra LAN cables in the house 2 weeks ago and now I can see the walls are with plasterboard.
    Thanks in advance.
    Hi Birca, work is really top quality & good thing is u can negotiate with him as well (you can choose to pay him for the whole thing instead of getting the tiles from the store & then getting quote for labour separately, work better also u can pay part & the other part after completion), but always shop around. Kitchen plus full two bath plus hallway for three beds was 6500€. It's usually better to get the tile before the kitchen installation.
    Time to get the keys is usually longer than what they said (4 weeks turn to 4 months), always if your not ready your solicitor can slow things or speed them what ever you like don't feel pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 birca1987

Hi Arsen5, thanks for the info. If you got the keys now, which launch you house was?
    You fit the bedroom floor with wood?

birca1987 wrote: »
    Hi Arsen5, thanks for the info. If you got the keys now, which launch you house was?
    You fit the bedroom floor with wood?
    Hi mine was last phase May 2016 (I didn't even have approval in principle when I put the booking deposit) the house from outside looked complete when I put the deposit & was told 4-6 weeks but it took 4 months to actually have a closing date, getting the keys next week (finger crossed)!.
    I only did the tiling in kitchen & bathroom bed rooms not done yet (Bbary one of the followers here might help u!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

Could anyone recommend a good solicitor? we want to close the deal asap so need a solicitor which maybe already knows the situation and can go quicker.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gedrime

lunamia wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend a good solicitor? we want to close the deal asap so need a solicitor which maybe already knows the situation and can go quicker.

Many thanks

Hey, will PMs you details

I don't mean to change the topic but Good News in the budget for the 1st time buyers who are buying a newly built house. You will be eligible for 5% of the house price rebate if your loan is least 80% of the value of the house. The “Help to Buy Scheme” is backdated to the 19th of July. You can have a read of the budget for further info!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

It's potentially awful news for me as a first time buyer. Over the last 4 years I was in Australia for 2, in college for 1 and working my arse off and saving for the past 14 months. I fear I'll be entitled to very little while the price of houses could go up by far more than my rebate!

I don't mean to change the topic but Good News in the budget for the 1st time buyers who are buying a newly built house. You will be eligible for 5% of the house price rebate if your loan is least 80% of the value of the house. The “Help to Buy Scheme” is backdated to the 19th of July. You can have a read of the budget for further info!
    aotch!!!, missed on that as we signed contract in May & it's only for people who signed from July onward. Extremely disappointed as we suffered a lot over the last year to get the deposit, why not backdated to the start of the year it's just so unfair!

aotch!!!, missed on that as we signed contract in May & it's only for people who signed from July onward. Extremely disappointed as we suffered a lot over the last year to get the deposit, why not backdated to the start of the year it's just so unfair!

IMO - The Contract Date is irrelevant, its the actual handover date when you will take the ownership of the house matters. Again its my opinion so double check it.

if that's the case, will that be fair? :)

Hi Birca, work is really top quality & good thing is u can negotiate with him as well (you can choose to pay him for the whole thing instead of getting the tiles from the store & then getting quote for labour separately, work better also u can pay part & the other part after completion), but always shop around. Kitchen plus full two bath plus hallway for three beds was 6500€. It's usually better to get the tile before the kitchen installation.
    Time to get the keys is usually longer than what they said (4 weeks turn to 4 months), always if your not ready your solicitor can slow things or speed them what ever you like don't feel pressure.
    Hi Arsen 5,

may I ask you why did you get tiled the 3 bathrooms?
    Don't they come already tiled? :O

I knew we needed tiles/laminate/carpet for everything but the bathrooms!

Cheers

• Advertisement

IMO - The Contract Date is irrelevant, its the actual handover date when you will take the ownership of the house matters. Again its my opinion so double check it.

if that's the case, will that be fair? :)
    that would be fair as I didn't get the keys yet, but I read through other thread that it's from contract date.

Hi Arsen 5,

may I ask you why did you get tiled the 3 bathrooms?
    Don't they come already tiled? :O

I knew we needed tiles/laminate/carpet for everything but the bathrooms!

Cheers
    Hi yes you need to tile the bathroom!! Even more you need to buy the glass screen in the main bath shower

Guys we are having Sky in our rented house (being with them for years phone, broadband & tv), currently it's 130€/ months, do they have service in Hansfield ? Are there better options (tv mainly kids& sport).

Hi yes you need to tile the bathroom!! Even more you need to buy the glass screen in the main bath shower

Thanks for answering, that's not a good news..

Just to be more precise,
    Do you mean I will need to put tiles only for the walls or for floor as well?

Thanks

Thanks for answering, that's not a good news..

Just to be more precise,
    Do you mean I will need to put tiles only for the walls or for floor as well?

Thanks

Bathroom walls (shower areas only) are tiled already, You need to tile the floors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sunsolaris

Hi guys,

it's years I read this thread, it was like a bible for me when I moved in months ago in my new house,
    but I have never written, I have appreciated all your information.

It's now my time to share something with you, and asking something...

Have you noticed anything strange in the area recently? Suspect guys, kids coming from other areas, etc?

I have been on holiday in the last two weeks and unfortunately when I came back (2 days ago)
    I found the house devastated inside, someone have introduced from the back garden into the house, looking for money I presume,
    they took away what they could (not money because there were not).

I went already to the Garda, but they won't do anything I'm afraid.
    That's why I'm asking you if anyone has experienced the same trouble.

Ohh nearly forgetting, I also found my wife's car with three long scratches while parked out there during my absence. :((

• Registered Users Posts: 19 danairl

Hello everyone
    Can yous please tell us how much was the solicitors fees..what was the cheapest fare you could get? and if you can recommend a decent solicitor with a decent fare?Thank you!

Hi, regarding the Solicitor I can suggest the one I'm going for,

Roisin Slattery-Gleeson
    JAMES P EVANS SOLICITOR
    13C Main Street, Ongar Village, Dublin 15.

E-mail:
    roisin.slatterygleeson at jamespevans . com
    Send her an e-mail with your details and phone number,
    she will call you giving so many details that you can't really imagine :-)

If you say my name, Massimo, either me and you will have a discount.
    and, anyway, apart the discount, she's the most prepared solicitor because she knows very well that area and we can go quicker with all the process.

Let me know if I can help you more.
    Massimo

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Hi, regarding the Solicitor I can suggest the one I'm going for,

Roisin Slattery-Gleeson
    JAMES P EVANS SOLICITOR
    13C Main Street, Ongar Village, Dublin 15.

E-mail:
    roisin.slatterygleeson at jamespevans . com
    Send her an e-mail with your details and phone number,
    she will call you giving so many details that you can't really imagine :-)

If you say my name, Massimo, either me and you will have a discount.
    and, anyway, apart the discount, she's the most prepared solicitor because she knows very well that area and we can go quicker with all the process.

Let me know if I can help you more.
    Massimo

Agreed, I used her aswell and she knows the story here very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Sunsolaris wrote: »
    Hi guys,

it's years I read this thread, it was like a bible for me when I moved in months ago in my new house,
    but I have never written, I have appreciated all your information.

It's now my time to share something with you, and asking something...

Have you noticed anything strange in the area recently? Suspect guys, kids coming from other areas, etc?

I have been on holiday in the last two weeks and unfortunately when I came back (2 days ago)
    I found the house devastated inside, someone have introduced from the back garden into the house, looking for money I presume,
    they took away what they could (not money because there were not).

I went already to the Garda, but they won't do anything I'm afraid.
    That's why I'm asking you if anyone has experienced the same trouble.

Ohh nearly forgetting, I also found my wife's car with three long scratches while parked out there during my absence. :((

Thats very sad to hear. I've not seen too many strange people hanging around.

Did your alarm not go off when they broke in?

Advertisement