Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Lots of balloons around here today. I guess there's an open weekend on the show houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stany79

conor-mr2 wrote: »
    Lots of balloons around here today. I guess there's an open weekend on the show houses.
    I went to pay the deposit for a 3 bed, but already sold out all the houses within 1 hour. open view supposed to be for 3 days but all gone in just 1 hour!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stany79

there was a private show time today 5 to 7. all gone by 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

That is amazing. Gone in less than an hour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 ewaszka

Hi all, this is my first post here. In relation to the vewing yesterday, there were quite few houses available. We went to the prelaunch at 3 and the queue was already there (it was supposed to start at 5 but we wanted to take a look around first). The couple in front of us took the last big 3 bed we wanted the most :( Decided to go for another one instead so moving in next year, yaay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

ewaszka wrote: »
    Hi all, this is my first post here. In relation to the vewing yesterday, there were quite few houses available. We went to the prelaunch at 3 and the queue was already there (it was supposed to start at 5 but we wanted to take a look around first). The couple in front of us took the last big 3 bed we wanted the most :( Decided to go for another one instead so moving in next year, yaay :)

What were the prices by the way? Still Poa on website. I think the 4 beds were supposed to be 370k prior to the budget. Will be interesting to hear if that was raised in price.

machalla wrote: »
    What were the prices by the way? Still Poa on website. I think the 4 beds were supposed to be 370k prior to the budget. Will be interesting to hear if that was raised in price.

3 bed Beach house from 299 to 302. I know from a guy who was looking for 4 bed that the price went up, it was between 372 and 379.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

3 bed Beach house from 299 to 302. I know from a guy who was looking for 4 bed that the price went up, it was between 372 and 379.

Thanks ewaszka. Best of luck with your house purchase. I have friends living in the older part of the estate for a few years there and they seem to like it.

No surprise on the price rise after the budget of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I don't think I'd like to be in that position where you're making the biggest purchase of your life most likely and you have to almost view, decide and buy within 5 minutes for fear of the property getting snapped up! I know booking deposits are refundable but still....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

ongarboy wrote: »
    I don't think I'd like to be in that position where you're making the biggest purchase of your life most likely and you have to almost view, decide and buy within 5 minutes for fear of the property getting snapped up! I know booking deposits are refundable but still....
    5minutes? Maximum 2 minutes for this big purchase... Fingers crossed for everybody!!!

Does anyone commute to Docklans or Connolly daily? How is the service? Do they close the station unexpectedly and if so how many time it happened to you? Thanks for your comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Does anyone commute to Docklans or Connolly daily? How is the service? Do they close the station unexpectedly and if so how many time it happened to you? Thanks for your comments.

Ive been using that line daily since I moved to this area in 2005 and Docklands since it opened around 2008. I can honestly tell you the Docklands line is extremely reliable. Possibly once or twice a year there is an issue due to signal fault or weather that might cancel or delay a service but nothing that would make you reconsider using it.

Also with Docklands, you don't have the problem of being stuck outside Connolly for 5 minutes waiting for platform clearance. Docklands doesn't stop at Drumcondra as line splits prior to that station.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

Which houses were on sale by this time, around the greenery area?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

Commuting to Docklands daily since Feb this year. Usually hop on trains at 9.14, lots of free seats and around 20 mins to Docklands. At 9.47 there's a direct service to Connoly.

In overall it is very reliable.

Hi all,

Can anyone explain how does the houses get the water warm?

I saw a fantastic gas boiler with double system (one for heaters, one for water).
    But unfortunately I saw a tank water (like the immersion one) upstairs.

I thought that having the gas boiler the 2 separate way, it was able to provide warm water on demand,
    and not loading the hotpress (as I presume it does).

I also saw out of the hotpress room a switch saying "Sink - Bath" and one besides "On-Off".
    Is it in order to warm up more or less water?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

The panel you are referring to is called Climote where you can have weekly schedule of heating up the water and the two zoned heating. You can also control that from mobile app, text messages or website etc.

The switches beside the boiler room are immersion switches which use the electricity.

That's my understanding anyway.

bbari wrote: »
    The panel you are referring to is called Climote where you can have weekly schedule of heating up the water and the two zoned heating. You can also control that from mobile app, text messages or website etc.

The switches beside the boiler room are immersion switches which use the electricity.

That's my understanding anyway.

Hi bbari, thanks for your answer, you confirmed what I thought, that the water in the tank at the first floor can be warm up either with gas and electricity.

But the panel I was referring to is not the Climote, I mean the gas boiler, the one at the ground floor, I saw it in the kitchen or before to get out to the garden.
    The gas boiler works separately for warming up water for heaters and for tap water.
    Now, normally, nowadays, that kind of boiler works providing warm tap water on demand, because it warms up the water instantaneously, without the needs to store the warm water into the tank at the first floor and avoiding it get wasted if you don't use it. So they would be able to warm up only the quantity of water you need for as long as you need it. But considering that the warm water pass through the tank, that system cannot be implemented :-(

Has anyone found a way to by-pass the tank, using the gas boiler in order to have warm water on demand?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

Afaik, it is designed to heat the water via the water tank, which is well insulated, however you may lose heat if you don't use hot water for a while. Pro side is that it won't switch between home heating and water heating every time someone uses hot water. It also gives you an option to use electricity to heat the water. Not sure what does the switch sink/bath do though.

My concern with the system is the UV panels which invert power to grid, I would love to have it attached to water boiler and let it heat the water, otherwise it is almost useless as you don't use electricity a lot during day light. Better option would have been to have a battery to store the power, but that's another discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dublindublin1

How about ATTIC, all these houses comes with an Attic, can i use it for storage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

How about ATTIC, all these houses comes with an Attic, can i use it for storage?

Yes you can. It's floored for access to the water tank so you can certainly use it got storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hansfielduser

Hi all, anyone has reviews on Hansfield educate together primary school? Which primary school is best in the area and also any good creches nearby? We will be moving to barnwell in a couple of months. Appreciate any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

Hi anyone who signed contract with this builder have read the contract in terms of 10% deposit..if by any chance the bank decided not to go ahead with the loan will the person who paid 10% gets the deposit back from the builder?

Or can we include this clause into the contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Arsen5

userduluth wrote: »
    Hi anyone who signed contract with this builder have read the contract in terms of 10% deposit..if by any chance the bank decided not to go ahead with the loan will the person who paid 10% gets the deposit back from the builder?

we signed & paid the deposit when we only had only AIP, the voucher for white goods will come handy when you need it most (think tiles furniture flooring etc). Also I knew a guy who got the 10% back after he change his mind because he thought the house was smaller!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

userduluth wrote: »

We tried to add such a condition in the contract. But builder didn't allow to add any condition in their contract (Should be unconditional).
    Anyway try to add such a condition. Discuss with Your solicitor

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Collyb101

Would you know if they are convertible in the future? (Beach Type A)
    And hello to all by the way. Might become a resident soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

Collyb101 wrote: »
    Would you know if they are convertible in the future? (Beach Type A)
    And hello to all by the way. Might become a resident soon.

Hi and welcome to Barnwell . I am guessing your house is still under construction and will be ready in 6 months time

You mean the attic is convertible? Yes but it would probably cost more as they wil have to put steel beams etc . . .old houses were easy to do but not these new ones

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

phoenix49 wrote: »
    Commuting to Docklands daily since Feb this year. Usually hop on trains at 9.14, lots of free seats and around 20 mins to Docklands. At 9.47 there's a direct service to Connoly.

In overall it is very reliable.
    Very reliable I agree but 3 times more crowd it used to be ) months back
    No seating space at times even at Hansfield , and if u take from clonsilla there's no chance

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Collyb101

Yes the Attic (soz). I just love the idea of having a man cave up there within next few years.
    Yes, I'd say 6 months will be about right. Will find out more on Wednesday as this is quite a new movement.
    Are there any residents from close to the Sq area on the thread here? MIGHT be getting one of those houses beside the park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

Arsen5 wrote: »
    we signed & paid the deposit when we only had only AIP, the voucher for white goods will come handy when you need it most (think tiles furniture flooring etc). Also I knew a guy who got the 10% back after he change his mind because he thought the house was smaller!!

Thanks for your reply,Good to hear this that they have return the 10% in one case but don't know whether they will honour others though

Advertisement