Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

Thomas16 wrote: »
    We tried to add such a condition in the contract. But builder didn't allow to add any condition in their contract (Should be unconditional).
    Anyway try to add such a condition. Discuss with Your solicitor

Thanks Thomas,

I will try to add this clause, but if the builder is not adding that to contract it means he is getting free 10% of the cash...

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

userduluth wrote: »
    Thanks Thomas,

I will try to add this clause, but if the builder is not adding that to contract it means he is getting free 10% of the cash...

Only if you dont follow through with the sale.

And to be honest I dont think they'd keep the cash. It wouldnt be good publicity for them if such a story came to light.

In any event these houses will sell, there's greater demand than there is supply at the moment and the place is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Collyb101

From what im told, your solicitor and how good they are could be a big factor in a circumstance such as this. I'd lean on the probability side that you would get the 10% back but due to the two factors already mentioned (publicity and demand) but also my Broker told me on the phone this week.... His words... "dont listen to that nonsense, you'd get your 10% back"

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Arsen5

Hi guys, I can't login to climote app (did the registetation online still no luck), also eir couldnt find my address on the system tried to contact builder office but don't know how much time does it take normally?Any help with these issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Arsen5 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I can't login to climote app (did the registetation online still no luck), also eir couldnt find my address on the system tried to contact builder office but don't know how much time does it take normally?Any help with these issues?

Climote - I called 0818724724 - gave them the device number which is at the bottom of the panel, they did the registration over the phone, gave me an eleven digit number which I put in the app on my phone and I was able to access the system thru my phone.

Eir - I am with VM, they couldn't see my address due to the new build, it took me 3/4 weeks to get it sorted with them but I'm sure if you choose to go with VM, it will be easier for you as you can say that your next door neighbour have the connection.

• Advertisement

Hi, can any experienced one of you help me please. I am looking for a price breakdown as to how much it will cost me for various things as an approximate for Sycamore A type:

1. Tiling for whole Kitchen,dining,all toilets.
    2. Wood Floor Living room and Bedrooms(all)with medium wood quality.
    3. Or Carpet for Living room and Bedrooms.
    4. Ethernet cabling for all the rooms(assuming its below 180m) in the house
    and also extra electrical points.
    5. Any interior works such as wooden frames in living room(TV wall similar to
    show house concept)
    6. Curtains and blinds for all the windows.
    7. Outside plumbing works such as taps.
    8. Attic conversion.
    9. Ladder for attic.
    10.Anything else which I missed
    thanks.

Hi, can any experienced one of you help me please. I am looking for a price breakdown as to how much it will cost me for various things as an approximate for Sycamore A type:

show house concept)
    8. Attic conversion.
    9. Ladder for attic.
    thanks.
    Hi. From my experience(Sycamore 3 beds):
    1- Good tiling (porcelain for kitchen, hallway, utility plus two bathroom full tiling floor& wall) for 6500€ (you have to haggle with Jimmy though!!, also good tip try to get tile first before kitchen as it will look more neat & easier to install white goods later.
    2- good quality 12 mm thick laminate for living around 450€ include underlay, need 250-300€ for fitting. Look for offers on laminate as it will make huge difference.
    3- medium quality carpet for stairs & 3 bedroom 1800€ plus 200 fitting.
    The rest I have no idea!!hope that was helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

Hi lads,

has anyone a real fireplace into the house?

Do you know if it would be "legal" having the flue and the chimney on the front face of the house?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

lunamia wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Do you know if it would be "legal" having the flue and the chimney on the front face of the house?

Thanks!

Its probably more down to the effect on the energy rating a chimney has on a house

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

lunamia wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Thanks!
    The only people who will tell you that with any accuracy is your Architect and FCC Planning Dept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

oblivious wrote: »
    Its probably more down to the effect on the energy rating a chimney has on a house

Yes, I know... thanks!
    I'm changing my mind, looking for something different, like an electric fireplace :D

Hi. From my experience(Sycamore 3 beds):
    1- Good tiling (porcelain for kitchen, hallway, utility plus two bathroom full tiling floor& wall) for 6500€ (you have to haggle with Jimmy though!!, also good tip try to get tile first before kitchen as it will look more neat & easier to install white goods later.
    2- good quality 12 mm thick laminate for living around 450€ include underlay, need 250-300€ for fitting. Look for offers on laminate as it will make huge difference.
    3- medium quality carpet for stairs & 3 bedroom 1800€ plus 200 fitting.
    The rest I have no idea!!hope that was helpful

Thanks Arsen for your reply. I have few questions though

1. kitchen, hallway, utility plus two bathroom full tiling floor& wall

is the kitchen including dining or just kitchen area?

2. you have to haggle with Jimmy though

Can we bring our own tiler and tiles?

3. good tip try to get tile first before kitchen as it will look more neat & easier to install white goods later.

will the builder allow us to do the tiling before the kitchen? I thought he has to hand over the house first for tiling(post kitchen is fitted).

Thanks Arsen for your reply. I have few questions though

1. kitchen, hallway, utility plus two bathroom full tiling floor& wall

is the kitchen including dining or just kitchen area?

2. you have to haggle with Jimmy though

Can we bring our own tiler and tiles?

3. good tip try to get tile first before kitchen as it will look more neat & easier to install white goods later.

will the builder allow us to do the tiling before the kitchen? I thought he has to hand over the house first for tiling(post kitchen is fitted).
    Yes you we did the tiling before the kitchen, & they will allow you to bring your own (ask the builder at the site).
    Tiling was for the two bathroom plus whole area down stairs excluding the living room. Unless you know the work of the guy you are brining I would highly recommend that you do it with their guy (his work is top quality).

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sanarac

gogreen81 wrote: »
    Very reliable I agree but 3 times more crowd it used to be ) months back
    No seating space at times even at Hansfield , and if u take from clonsilla there's no chance

600 homes will be built around this train station adding to an already busy line

Anyone has Eir? They still can't register my house for three weeks now!!, I don't want to go with virginmedia as Eir has better tv bundles but also the worst custmer care. They asked me to contact the builder did any one had this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

gogreen81 wrote: »
    Very reliable I agree but 3 times more crowd it used to be ) months back
    No seating space at times even at Hansfield , and if u take from clonsilla there's no chance

It's getting busier for sure, but still it's only 15-20% full at 09.14 service and maybe 90% at 08.44. 09.44 to Connoly is almost empty.
    sanarac wrote: »
    600 homes will be built around this train station adding to an already busy line

I expect they'll need to add more frequent services at busy times.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

show house concept)
    8. Attic conversion.
    9. Ladder for attic.
    thanks.

For the outside tap, builder's plumber charged 175.

Hi,

I feel bathrooms look smaller than bathrooms in the show house (Sycamore Type A house). Has anyone feels same?

Thank You

Anyone has Eir? They still can't register my house for three weeks now!!, I don't want to go with virginmedia as Eir has better tv bundles but also the worst custmer care. They asked me to contact the builder did any one had this problem?

Eircom's customer service very bad & their broadband has less speed as compared with virginmedia

Yes you we did the tiling before the kitchen, & they will allow you to bring your own (ask the builder at the site).
    Tiling was for the two bathroom plus whole area down stairs excluding the living room. Unless you know the work of the guy you are brining I would highly recommend that you do it with their guy (his work is top quality).

Thanks Arsen for the info

• Advertisement

Thomas16 wrote: »
    For the outside tap, builder's plumber charged 175.

Thanks Thomas for the info.

Heard from friend there were break-ins in the houses recently and there is an increasing trend of it...now I am really thinking what to do whether to move there or cancel the contract...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Heard from friend there were break-ins in the houses recently and there is an increasing trend of it...now I am really thinking what to do whether to move there or cancel the contract...

I'm afraid there is nothing unique about houses been burgled. Show me an area that hasn't been on the receiving end of this?

Its your call entirely as to whether you move in or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Using that logic, you'll be cancelling contracts for the rest of your life as every neighbourhood will have break ins at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Energy1

Hi all,

I will be a resident in Barnwell next year and was looking for some information if possible.

1. Who would you recommend to do a wooden floor in the living room? And to fit carpets upstairs?
    2. Do we get to pick the paint colours?
    3. Who puts in the skirting or is that something we need to do?
    4. Is it best to get the contractors on site to do the work i.e the plumber to install the shower and bath rail?

Thanks in advance.

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    I'm afraid there is nothing unique about houses been burgled. Show me an area that hasn't been on the receiving end of this?

Its your call entirely as to whether you move in or not!

You might be right Pat but, its just my personal experience as I have never experienced this before.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Using that logic, you'll be cancelling contracts for the rest of your life as every neighbourhood will have break ins at some stage.

Hi Ongarboy you are right too, but I am hearing more of these things happening around Ongar, Clonee, Adamstown, Tyrrelltown etc...so insurance premiums will rise in these areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

New areas are often targeted as people don't really have the feel for strangers. You get guys walking around dressed as workmen walking around estates and nobody bats an eyelid. You often have people basically picking up parts for their houses such as boilers, radiators, door, kitchen presses etc.

In fairness to the general Dublin 15 area I'm not hearing of an increase in burglaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

ThisRegard wrote: »
    New areas are often targeted as people don't really have the feel for strangers. You get guys walking around dressed as workmen walking around estates and nobody bats an eyelid. You often have people basically picking up parts for their houses such as boilers, radiators, door, kitchen presses etc.

Which is pretty much what happened in this case.
    I live in the estate and love it here.
    It was my sister's house that was broken into and at the time there wasn't an outside alarm bell box installed (there was an alarm) so the visual deterrent wasn't there.
    The house is across from the builders yard and so we noticed CCTV cameras that might have been useful. The guys in the yard were great and I was able to access the CCTV system and we were able to see the breakin take place. It took place around 3pm. The Gardai came down and mentioned that if we got anything useful from the footage they would be much appreciated.
    We were able to track them in the estate and were able to retrieve a registration plate from the car that was used.
    The footage and info was all provided to the Gardai on DVD.
    While it may not lead to a conviction we understand that the Gardai know who the culprits are from the registration we provided and its likely they will be "brought in". That may be enough of a deterrent to stop them "visiting" our estate again.

Note:
    If you dont have an alarm and outside a visible alarm box then get one. We could see them on the cctv and this was an opportunistic break-in.
    The CCTV footage in the area was invaluable and we'll be asking the management company to ensure it remains and indeed improved upon in terms of camera coverage. It was invaluable.

Lastly, we've set up a whatsapp group for the neighbourhood as I believe every little bit helps and hopefully it engenders a better sense of community.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Collyb101

Thanks for the info Conor. I'm glad that these sh*ts are on the radar now. Scum of the earth.

I think the WhatsApp group is a great idea. I understand that individuals within communities will want their own space and knowing too much about your neighbors could become an community overkill BUT BUT BUT I'm moving to the Sq in March/April and I would love to see the green and adjoining area be kept clean and safe.

Advertisement