Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

Thomas16 wrote: »
    I think, Carpet is best option for the staircase because low cost & safe as well (wood/laminate would have chance to slip).

Otherwise as an option, put carpet on the horizontal area and vertical area of the stair covered by laminate/wood.

I don't really like carpet,
    I'll wait for the quotation in laminate and solid hardwood as well.
    Let's see what they say!

Cheers

bbari wrote: »
    1. PM me closer to the time and I'll share the details of the guys who did my flooring

2. I'm sure you can at an additional cost otherwise there will be the same colour scheme as the showhouse.

3. The builders put the skirting boards.

4. I got the on site plumber to install shower and bath screens. I'm sure you can save 100 to 150 euro but i avoided the hassle of going to shop, delivery, drilling screws in tiles and cracking tiles (just in case).

Hi bbari,

I was curious about the color of the wall as well..
    What's the color scheme of the showhouse?
    They had so much wallpaper that I don't even remember one wall painted.

I wander if I can have like all the walls (besides the ceiling) in a light yellow let's say. And if there's any extra to pay

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

lunamia wrote: »
    Hi bbari,

I was curious about the color of the wall as well..
    What's the color scheme of the showhouse?
    They had so much wallpaper that I don't even remember one wall painted.

I wander if I can have like all the walls (besides the ceiling) in a light yellow let's say. And if there's any extra to pay

Cheers!

The attached document have the Paint Specification.

in summary,
    Ceiling - Dulux Armstead Vinyl Matt Brilliant White
    Walls - Dulux Armstead Vinyl Matt tinted code ‘Orchid White’ - its light yellowish as you said.

The attached document have the Paint Specification.

in summary,
    Ceiling - Dulux Armstead Vinyl Matt Brilliant White
    Walls - Dulux Armstead Vinyl Matt tinted code ‘Orchid White’ - its light yellowish as you said.

That's really awesome bbari!
    Fantastic news, something I have not to pay extra for :cool:

You are brilliant!! Thanks for sharing that doc..
    I owe you a beer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

Hi

I have a question regarding the 2m screen wall to the back of the house, will this be brick wall or wooden one?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

userduluth wrote: »
    Hi

I have a question regarding the 2m screen wall to the back of the house, will this be brick wall or wooden one?

Thanks.

Isn't this coming between back garden and outside?
    I think, it is wooden wall with 2 meter height.

Isn't this coming between back garden and outside?
    I think, it is wooden wall with 2 meter height.

Hi Thomas, I was asking about garden wall at the back not the partition between the homes

Hi Thomas, I was asking about garden wall at the back not the partition between the homes

I think it depends on whether you have another garden after yours or the street.

If you have another garden, it will be wood wall, otherwise will be bricks wall.

lunamia wrote: »
    I think it depends on whether you have another garden after yours or the street.

If you have another garden, it will be wood wall, otherwise will be bricks wall.

thanks Lunamia, this answers my question.

Thanks guys for your responses, I have signed my contract and getting the house in July 2017 hopefully.Does any one have planning permissions design layout for the barnwell grove phase?

• Advertisement

Thanks guys for your responses, I have signed my contract and getting the house in July 2017 hopefully.Does any one have planning permissions design layout for the barnwell grove phase?

Congrats...
    I have a PDF file but size more than allowed to attach.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Energy1

Congrats...

Is this the dimensions of each room within the development? I have problems getting dimensions, builder solicitor and estate agent don't have them.

Is it ok to get a garden shed in? Guessing not but with the management company I'm not sure if it's allowed or not as may block neighbour garden.

Congrats...

Thanks for your PM and info, so it looks like the back garden as per planning permission and what the builders are saying is not matching...is it the same for the rest of the ppl who bought here or its only for the few :)

Congrats...

Hi Thomas,
    what's this about?
    Is it either a planimetry of the area or houses?

cheers

I think this is the Grove ?

34f1w0h.png

Energy1 wrote: »
    Is this the dimensions of each room within the development? I have problems getting dimensions, builder solicitor and estate agent don't have them.

Is it ok to get a garden shed in? Guessing not but with the management company I'm not sure if it's allowed or not as may block neighbour garden.

The back garden belongs to you and sheds are allowed. I can see 3/4 sheds from my back garden. I have one myself.

I think this is the Grove ?

34f1w0h.png

Here is the image with different sizes of back gardens

qyhd00.png

For me, Both drawings showing same..

For me, Both drawings showing same..

For example loot at first house on road 7 and also on barnwell road gardens

For example loot at first house on road 7 and also on barnwell road gardens

Ah, You are correct...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Collyb101

Sup future neighbours.
    I was wandering if anyone shine a light on below:
    When registering with ESB or whichever provider is relevant, is there charge associated with the initial set up given these are new builds? If so is this taken care of by the building company or the buyer?

Collyb101 wrote:
    Sup future neighbours. I was wandering if anyone shine a light on below: When registering with ESB or whichever provider is relevant, is there charge associated with the initial set up given these are new builds? If so is this taken care of by the building company or the buyer?

No charge involved. No upfront payment either as houses are owners occupied.

Thanks. I work in construction myself. Two of the QS's I work with mentioned how they had €1800 connection fee's for their houses. I couldn't believe my ears. First thing I thought of was "the Boards Crew will know" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Collyb101 wrote: »
    Thanks. I work in construction myself. Two of the QS's I work with mentioned how they had €1800 connection fee's for their houses. I couldn't believe my ears. First thing I thought of was "the Boards Crew will know" lol

There is a connection fee, which is usually part of the overall price when purchasing a house. If you're doing a self build its payable directly.

"I have a Yellow door" :-/
    Whats the views on the door colours?????

"I have a Yellow door" :-/
    Whats the views on the door colours?????

I love the yellow door :pac:

Do you wanna swap the door with mine? It's red :D

Sorry, what was your question?
    What do you mean by colour view?

Views as in whats do people think of them!
    Every person I've asked about the colour of the door like the yellow LOL.... I'm still not certain but have to say it's growing on me.
    RED........ Do you know if anyone was ever offered the choice? Bit late now though course.

May be some one can give an insight on this...Builder said the completion time is July 2017, but on the booking date they said it might be earlier around End of May....what would be a guesstimate in terms of completion date if they just started to put the foundations?

Views as in whats do people think of them!
    Every person I've asked about the colour of the door like the yellow LOL.... I'm still not certain but have to say it's growing on me.
    RED........ Do you know if anyone was ever offered the choice? Bit late now though course.

Hi Collyb,

to be honest I could not choose about the door colour, as my house was already built when I booked it.
    I've been asked yesterday, being the painters working at the moment, whether I wanted to have the inside of the door painted white or leaving it the same colour as the external side (mine is red).

Cheers

• Advertisement

May be some one can give an insight on this...Builder said the completion time is July 2017, but on the booking date they said it might be earlier around End of May....what would be a guesstimate in terms of completion date if they just started to put the foundations?

My guesstimate, calculate a 9 months from the booking date (if they just started to put the foundations at the time of Your booking).

Advertisement