Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Collyb101

Lunamia,

Yes my door was input before I signed contracts also.
    What option did you choose? I didn't even think about the inside. That's why I love this thread, so helpful.

Do you think the paint job will look well, as in it wouldn't ruin the door?

Colin Baker

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Energy1

userduluth wrote: »
    May be some one can give an insight on this...Builder said the completion time is July 2017, but on the booking date they said it might be earlier around End of May....what would be a guesstimate in terms of completion date if they just started to put the foundations?

Well we were told March/April for ours. The roof and windows were installed two weeks ago. It went from foundation to that point in two months which was very fast.

I was never told we could pick a door colour, presumed it was standard for the type of house purchased?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

Energy1 wrote: »
    Well we were told March/April for ours. The roof and windows were installed two weeks ago. It went from foundation to that point in two months which was very fast.

I was never told we could pick a door colour, presumed it was standard for the type of house purchased?

Hi Energy when did you sign your contract and which phase is this?

userduluth wrote: »
    Hi Energy when did you sign your contract and which phase is this?

We signed around the start of October I think. We have looked for room dimensions but never got any, leaves it impossible to price floors, carpets etc

The room dimensions should be demonstrated on page 8 of the Building Agreement, no?!>!?!??!?!>?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

Exact dimensions are not shown in contract, as it could be a legal "loophole" to sue the builders if e.g. length of the room is 1cm shorted than in reality. That's how I understand why they don't put them in contract, instead they put approximate dimensions and are for reference purposes only.

phoenix49 wrote: »
    Exact dimensions are not shown in contract, as it could be a legal "loophole" to sue the builders if e.g. length of the room is 1cm shorted than in reality. That's how I understand why they don't put them in contract, instead they put approximate dimensions and are for reference purposes only.

We dont have any dimensions in our building agreement, its only 6 pages. A contractor on site kindly offered to measure the rooms for us. We can now get wooden floor and carpet quotes least now we can get a better idea on expenditure.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Energy1 wrote:
    We dont have any dimensions in our building agreement, its only 6 pages. A contractor on site kindly offered to measure the rooms for us. We can now get wooden floor and carpet quotes least now we can get a better idea on expenditure.

If it's two stories 4 beds house then I can send you the house plan with measurements.

bbari wrote: »
    If it's two stories 4 beds house then I can send you the house plan with measurements.

Thanks for the offer bbari but its a 3 bed townhouse. We just got the dimensions today from the tiler. Can start looking for carpets and floors now :)

Can't wait to move in

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

Collyb101 wrote: »
    Lunamia,

Yes my door was input before I signed contracts also.
    What option did you choose? I didn't even think about the inside. That's why I love this thread, so helpful.

Do you think the paint job will look well, as in it wouldn't ruin the door?

Colin Baker

Hi Collyb,

We've chosen to have the door completely red, at least there's a bit of color inside too :)

Anyway, if you like it white inside, you can absolutely do it, it doesn't ruin the door, painters are good enough!

Cheers

• Advertisement

Lunamia,
    I don't really mind, I'll let herself decide when it comes to it. I think, from what shes saying now, that she would prefer to have it painted if the finish will look ok. I just want the house sorted so I can start building a man cave in the attic LOL... Not even sure thats possible but I cannot see why not.
    I went to IKEA over the weekend to try give me ideas for the house. Raised more questions than answers.
    Is everyone waiting for January to cash in their POWERCITY vouchers? LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

lunamia wrote: »
    Hi Collyb,

We've chosen to have the door completely red, at least there's a bit of color inside too :)

Anyway, if you like it white inside, you can absolutely do it, it doesn't ruin the door, painters are good enough!

Cheers

Hi Lunamia,

Which color they give inside for front door as standard? same color as outside or white?

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Barnwell Resident

Thank you so much for this Image I was going to sign the contract for the First detached House In Barnwell Grove , Road 7, I see a ESB substation , seems located close to my house . Can I ask you the source of this picture . Also can I ask is it dangerous to have a ESB substation near the house? Sorry couldnt attach the plan see Page 88 for the image plan of Barnwell Grove
    Many Thanks

Guys I have been onto Helena, and she kindly checked with the site foreman and confirmed there is no ESB substation near 2 Barnwell Grove Detached House . Thanks

Lunamia,
    I don't really mind, I'll let herself decide when it comes to it. I think, from what shes saying now, that she would prefer to have it painted if the finish will look ok. I just want the house sorted so I can start building a man cave in the attic LOL... Not even sure thats possible but I cannot see why not.
    I went to IKEA over the weekend to try give me ideas for the house. Raised more questions than answers.

You dont get the power city voucher until you get the keys, I had my eye on the January sales but not to be!!

Hi All,
    Has anyone build an extension for renting purpose ? If so did u get plannnig permission

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Hi All,
    Has anyone build an extension for renting purpose ? If so did u get plannnig permission

Here you go, a simple google search presented me with the following information http://www.fingalcoco.ie/media/2.1.1.A%20Work%20around%20the%20House%20Leaflet%20Download,en.pdf
    So basically if your plan on building something the size of your average conservatory, along with some other minor conditions, you shouldn't require planning permission.

Hi all,

"SOCIAL AND AFFORDABLE HOUSING
    The development will comply with the Housing Strategy prepared by
    Fingal County Council in accordance with Part V of the Planning &
    Development Act 2000, as amended by the Planning and Development
    (Amendment) Act 2002. In this regard the requirement is for 8% of
    units to be provided as social or affordable dwellings."

That is a small part of the Strategic Development Zone's document..
    Does anyone know where these social houses are going to be built?

Cheers

Hi all,

"SOCIAL AND AFFORDABLE HOUSING
    The development will comply with the Housing Strategy prepared by
    Fingal County Council in accordance with Part V of the Planning &
    Development Act 2000, as amended by the Planning and Development
    (Amendment) Act 2002. In this regard the requirement is for 8% of
    units to be provided as social or affordable dwellings."

That is a small part of the Strategic Development Zone's document..
    Does anyone know where these social houses are going to be built?

Cheers

Hi,

I asked to Helena at the time of booking. She told, they will build homes somewhere else outside barnwell or pay money for that. But I don't think, social welfare agree with this.

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good person for snagging?
    Anyone has any suggestion about Homesnag.ie or propertysnag.com?

Thank You

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Thomas16 wrote: »
    Hi,

I asked to Helena at the time of booking. She told, they will build homes somewhere else outside barnwell or pay money for that. But I don't think, social welfare agree with this.

Nothing to do with Dept of Social Welfare, it agreed between the Developer and FCC Planner's as part of the planning permission.

Hi,
    Can suggest a good place to buy laminate flooring?
    some shops offering free fitting, Has any experience about this?

Thank You...

I second that. If anyone knows of a decent company to do Laminate flooring, I like the idea of free fitting. Please let us know?
    Also, I'm looking recommendations for someone to do snagging, as are others on the forum. Please let me know if you know someone and costs if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

I've PM'd contact details of the guy I used for snagging to both of you (Thomas16 and Coll1101)

Hi everybody,

has anyone applied for the Help To Buy scheme for houses bought between July and December 2016?

I followed all the steps on the Revenue portal, application ended successfully.
    I thought they were supposed to ask about documentation, contract, etc.. but nothing required so far.

What do you know about it?

Hi everybody,

has anyone applied for the Help To Buy scheme for houses bought between July and December 2016?

I followed all the steps on the Revenue portal, application ended successfully.
    I thought they were supposed to ask about documentation, contract, etc.. but nothing required so far.

What do you know about it?

I rang revenue regarding my house which we signed the contracts for in October but technically don't own till we get the keys. They had me on the phone for 20 minutes they didn't seem to know much about it.

I was enquiring when do we get the help to buy grant? I was led to believe we got this to help purchase the property but they said it is reimbursed. If thats the case this doesn't help you buy as you need all the money up front? I am confused!! In saying that its great we get a percentage back but I taught it would go towards the purchase.

Lunamia,

We bought all our appliance in the January sales, PowerCity said they would hold them till we are ready for them which will be Feb/March so it might be a good idea to get them now while they are cheaper than normal. The salesman gave us extra discount and we ended up getting a great deal for all A rated apliances

Energy1 wrote: »
    I rang revenue regarding my house which we signed the contracts for in October but technically don't own till we get the keys. They had me on the phone for 20 minutes they didn't seem to know much about it.

I was enquiring when do we get the help to buy grant? I was led to believe we got this to help purchase the property but they said it is reimbursed. If thats the case this doesn't help you buy as you need all the money up front? I am confused!! In saying that its great we get a percentage back but I taught it would go towards the purchase.

Only people having in the contract date from 1st of January will have the 5% given straight to the developer from the Revenue.

For people buying before 1st Jan, il will be a reimbursement, but as far as I understood, they are still certifying the developers (only 1 certified and it's not our) so it will take some time before to see that money unfortunately :mad:

• Advertisement

I'm glad you posted this. We took a walk to PowerCity at the weekend and you answered my questions, cheers.
    Did you have to haggle or were they easy going about giving you a good deal/discount?
    Obviously you don't have your voucher yet. How did you deal with that issue?
    Collyb

Advertisement