Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Energy1

Collyb101 wrote: »
    I'm glad you posted this. We took a walk to PowerCity at the weekend and you answered my questions, cheers.
    Did you have to haggle or were they easy going about giving you a good deal/discount?
    Obviously you don't have your voucher yet. How did you deal with that issue?
    Collyb

I said if I bought all my appliance's in powercity would I get a discount he said as they are all on sale he'll have to see. I told him all the appliances I wanted and when it came to paying he made a call and started taking fifty Euro extra off items thirty off more etc. We got really good quality stuff predominantly Bosch and for low prices as we checked with other shops.
    We only needed to pay a deposit of whatever we wanted. When we get the voucher we'll pay the rest, no issues with it. He knew we had the voucher to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Energy1 wrote: »
    I said if I bought all my appliance's in powercity would I get a discount he said as they are all on sale he'll have to see. I told him all the appliances I wanted and when it came to paying he made a call and started taking fifty Euro extra off items thirty off more etc. We got really good quality stuff predominantly Bosch and for low prices as we checked with other shops.
    We only needed to pay a deposit of whatever we wanted. When we get the voucher we'll pay the rest, no issues with it. He knew we had the voucher to.
    Did you pay for delivery and installation?

Did you pay for delivery and installation?

He charged 50 for delivery. He suggested the kitchen guys put in the integrated appliances but I spoke to them today and they said only appliances bought off them can be installed. I can wire up appliances as I used to be an electrician but I wouldn't be keen on installing the integrated fridge freezer and dishwasher.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

Does any of you know when the next sell phase will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

Just a quick tip on buying your appliances,

1) Find what you are looking for, get a couple of quotes and then check the prices in DID, generally Powercity stock the same makes and models so these are usually best.

2) Get a quote for what you need in Powercity, and then buy the appliances in DID as they will generally be more expensive than most.

3) bring your Powercity quote back to DID and get double the difference back.

I did this when I moved into my house (many years ago) I think it was the last time they did double the difference and ended up getting my washing machine and dryer free.

• Advertisement

Hi guys, I was thinking to the Tax Saver for Commuting by train to Docklands.

Do you know if I can consider the train line as: "Monthly Rail Short Hop Zone" ??

https://www.taxsaver.ie/Ticket-Types/Ticket-Validity/Monthly-Rail-Outer-Hop/

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

If your question is - can that ticket be used on the train from Hansfield to City then the answer is Yes.

bbari wrote: »
    If your question is - can that ticket be used on the train from Hansfield to City then the answer is Yes.

Really?!?! Fantastic!!

But I didn't find it in the train station's list...
    How is that possible?
    https://www.taxsaver.ie/News/Taxsaver-car-parking-offer-List-of-stations/

So you can confirm I should subscribe this through my company for the tax saver?
    https://www.taxsaver.ie/Ticket-Types/Annual-Tickets/Annual-DARTCommuter-Rail-Only/

Thanks bbari!!

That link points to a list of train stations with parking facility (Parkbytext station list). The ticket you mentioned is not a station specific ticket. I am pretty sure about it but you can call the Rail guys to be 101% sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

What is Ongar actually like? I have a relative who remarked "it won't stay quiet for long". I think he's only looking for a contribution though.

• Advertisement

lunamia wrote: »
    Really?!?! Fantastic!!

But I didn't find it in the train station's list...
    How is that possible?
    https://www.taxsaver.ie/News/Taxsaver-car-parking-offer-List-of-stations/

So you can confirm I should subscribe this through my company for the tax saver?
    https://www.taxsaver.ie/Ticket-Types/Annual-Tickets/Annual-DARTCommuter-Rail-Only/

Thanks bbari!!

Your employer will buy and pay for the ticket on your behalf and will deduct the amount from your gross salary. You can't buy/pay for the ticket yourself if you want to get the tax benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Collyb101

Has anyone had a call from Project Tiles yet? I got a quote off them for tiles but from looking elsewhere and the tiles are much cheaper, even with the 50% discount they offered me.
    Any thoughts?

That link points to a list of train stations with parking facility (Parkbytext station list). The ticket you mentioned is not a station specific ticket. I am pretty sure about it but you can call the Rail guys to be 101% sure.

Thanks again bbari, you saved my night from a lot of nightmares :D

It's also clear about the company paying the ticket for me deducting the taxes..

Cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Elemonator wrote: »
    What is Ongar actually like? I have a relative who remarked "it won't stay quiet for long". I think he's only looking for a contribution though.

What does he mean? It sounds negative.

I love Ongar, I think it's fab. There's loads to do - loads of sport facilities nearby and things to do. Safe and friendly and I know lots of other people feel the same.

Lots for children too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭slovakchick

hi, how are the buildings structure, roofs, roof gardens etc in Hansfield any issues? I have a viewing there on Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

What does he mean? It sounds negative.

I love Ongar, I think it's fab. There's loads to do - loads of sport facilities nearby and things to do. Safe and friendly and I know lots of other people feel the same.

Lots for children too.

That's what I said. Local shops, Hansfield train station and buses, schools...
    Like I said, he probably just wants the family to pay for a new house for him.........again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stany79

I've PM'd contact details of the guy I used for snagging to both of you (Thomas16 and Coll1101)

hi Could you please give me the details of the snagging guy. how was your experience with him? thanks

stany79 wrote: »
    hi Could you please give me the details of the snagging guy. how was your experience with him? thanks

Could I get details to please? I expect to do the snagging in March.

I have been recommended "Ronan Cullen Flooring" for carpets and wooden floor, check out his facebook page his work looks very good.

Energy1 wrote: »
    Could I get details to please? I expect to do the snagging in March.

I used this guys for my snag,

http://www.snaglistireland.com/about-me.html

There is always one or two things which are going to be missed.

Bbari beat me too it. Did you get in contact with them?

• Advertisement

How did you get on with your viewing?
    Are we going to be neighbors?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

Hi,

Barnwell builder is not currently in the list of qualified builders list of revenue, for Help to Buy scheme!!!
    Anybody knows anything about this?

Thank You

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭slovakchick

How did you get on with your viewing?
    Are we going to be neighbors?
    my viewing went well with this one, no scares or shocks, I am hoping to pursue (",)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 danb85

Has anyone had a call from Project Tiles yet? I got a quote off them for tiles but from looking elsewhere and the tiles are much cheaper, even with the 50% discount they offered me.
    Any thoughts?
    The quote we got seemed reasonable (but I have never bought tiles before). A friend of mine who is an ex tiler also recommend project tile design.

Which other places did you go to for pricing the tiles, I would be interested in trying myself for a better price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

If you are comparing them to RightPriceTiles be careful that you are comparing similar quality tiles, you are better off comparing them to tiles.ie/TubsandTiles/TileStyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 notkenny

If you are comparing them to RightPriceTiles be careful that you are comparing similar quality tiles, you are better off comparing them to tiles.ie/TubsandTiles/TileStyle.
    Do you mean Project tiles and RightPrices tiles are similar quality? I have noticed Project tiles are more expensive than right price tiles.

Hi all, anyone know who's the rubbish company I should ask for having the bin ?

Is it http://www.fingalcoco.ie/ ??
    Should I give them a call in order to register my house?

What's the cost generally?

How does it work? Is there the recycling bin?
    Any tip on this?

Cheers

People keep telling me to visit 'House Of Tiles', but I'm yet to get the time.

lunamia wrote: »
    Hi all, anyone know who's the rubbish company I should ask for having the bin ?

Is it http://www.fingalcoco.ie/ ??
    Should I give them a call in order to register my house?

What's the cost generally?

How does it work? Is there the recycling bin?
    Any tip on this?

Cheers

Call www.panda.ie to get the service.

Its Euro 110 per year and you will get Brown, Green and black bins. Brown and Green bin collection is free and the black bin collection is charged 9 per collection . Call Panda for further details and pricing.

bb

• Advertisement

So the €110 per year is to rent the bins?

Advertisement