Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

danb85 wrote: »
    Has anyone that bought in Barnwell for the Feb/Mar phase got a date on when their houses will be ready? Or has anyone contacted them to arrange someone to do the snag list.

Thanks.

fyi, one of my friend who bought on Barnwell Road was told his house will be ready by end of Jan and till date not been asked to do snaglist

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Collyb101

I'm told that they may have to wait for ESB to turn on electrics and that there can be no date given as this is an external factor to take into consideration. Also registering the house, has anyone encountered delays due to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

userduluth wrote: »
    Send a mail to Martin @site office or call him and what ever the date they give you need to add one more month(most probably)

Mar/Apr as I know but check with Michael
    Also make sure u r in touch with them for any modifications

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

Hi, did any one of you used Gabriel(electrician), Tadhg(plumber) or Jimmy(tiler) if yes, can you please tell me whether you recommend any of these guys in terms are they very expensive.

Any one of you have changed/added any new things in their house using above guys and how did it went in terms of work quality
    Work is good but they definitely overcharge . Get the basics done with them which u think will be difficult to do later

MESSAGE TO THE CURRENT RESIDENTS:
    Have you been cleaning the streets and getting everything ready for your guests this weekend? LOL

• Advertisement

Latest pricing and other stuff from Kellywalsh

3 BEDROOM HOMES

The Beech
    110 sq. m – 112 sq. m
    €287,500 to €315,000

The Sycamore
    115 sq. m
    €320,000

4 BEDROOM HOMES
    The Alder
    131 sq. m
    €360,000 to €365,000

The Ash
    136 sq. m
    €385,000

Booking Deposit:
    €2,000 payable to Eversheds Solicitors by cheque or bank draft, subject to contract. A 10% deposit of the outstanding balance is required within 3 weeks on signing of contracts. Balance on completion.
    Appliances Voucher Offer:
    Strictly subject to return of signed unconditional contracts within twenty one days of receipt.

Help to Buy Scheme:
    The developer is registering to participate in this scheme. If you are a First Time Buyer please provide your verification code from Revenue when placing your deposit if you are availing of the scheme.

gogreen81 wrote: »
    Work is good but they definitely overcharge . Get the basics done with them which u think will be difficult to do later

Thanks gogreen for the info, what could be the basics which can be done by them?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Energy1

Thanks gogreen for the info, what could be the basics which can be done by them?

I got a lot of work done with them like wired for sky for multi-room, wired for a server, various data points and extra sockets. The way I see it when the house is complete how can this work be done without cables being shown and destructive work such as chasing walls for the sockets would have to be done. They over charge alot but I guess they know they can!!

We are waiting to be told our house is ready for snagging (Feb/March phase) but no word back from Martin. Looks like those of us who purchased already are onto a winner judging by the new price lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nelly river

Has anyone got the builder to convert the attic during the build of their new house?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

Has anyone got the builder to convert the attic during the build of their new house?

I don't think they would allow you to do that before to release the house.
    I really doubt it.

• Advertisement

My friends property on Barnwell Road has been released for snaglist, do anyone have a clue about houses in Barnwell grove(starting houses 2,4,6,8,1,3,5,7) when they will be completed and ready for snaglist.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 danb85

My friends property on Barnwell Road has been released for snaglist, do anyone have a clue about houses in Barnwell grove(starting houses 2,4,6,8,1,3,5,7) when they will be completed and ready for snaglist.
    Give Martin a call or drop him an email, he would be the best person to answer that one.

Give Martin a call or drop him an email, he would be the best person to answer that one.

I emailed him last week but got no reply. The estate agent told me at the weekend they are under pressure to get them done and they should have completion dates for the house.

Is anyone else waiting on Barnwell square east? Any update? I need to give my landlord a months notice.

Energy1 wrote: »
    I emailed him last week but got no reply. The estate agent told me at the weekend they are under pressure to get them done and they should have completion dates for the house.

Is anyone else waiting on Barnwell square east? Any update? I need to give my landlord a months notice.

Martin has indicated around end of March/April for Grove(any one got same advice?) but, Barnwell square east should be even quicker as I think the out side structure is up and may be they are doing the insides now... isn't it not?

Yes Martin indicated end of March/April but I am not sure..any one else got same clarifications?

Martin has indicated around end of March/April for Grove(any one got same advice?) but, Barnwell square east should be even quicker as I think the out side structure is up and may be they are doing the insides now... isn't it not?

From the outside our house looks well on the way, it needs painting. The driveway needs a good bit of work and the ESb connection in the meter box isnt completed so it may be another month.

Guys good news for help to buy incentive, Hansfield Investements is added to the list of qualified builders now in Revenue site.

Guys good news for help to buy incentive, Hansfield Investements is added to the list of qualified builders now in Revenue site.

Yeahhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lunamia wrote: »

great you found it....good news for you now

Hi lunamia, did you get any update on your application for HTB incentive from revenue?

• Advertisement

Hi lunamia, did you get any update on your application for HTB incentive from revenue?

Hi, no updates yet, I wrote to MyEnquiry and gave a call yesterday, they said everything was all right and that it's just matter of time that someone finalize the application paying the 5%.
    It's everything fine, I'm just counting the seconds, but it's fine :rolleyes:

Hi, no updates yet, I wrote to MyEnquiry and gave a call yesterday, they said everything was all right and that it's just matter of time that someone finalize the application paying the 5%.
    It's everything fine, I'm just counting the seconds, but it's fine :rolleyes:

I think revenue will verify with the builder as to your application is legit and I think that's why it takes time.

Hi All, please suggest if anyone used this option as it seems using both builder tiler and project tiles is proving very expensive.

So can we buy just tiles from project tiles and find an outside tiler later on...

or Use the builder tiler and provide him with tiles from else where...

or use both of them even though they are few thousand euros expensive than market?(any benefits)

Hi All, please suggest if anyone used this option as it seems using both builder tiler and project tiles is proving very expensive.

So can we buy just tiles from project tiles and find an outside tiler later on...

or use both of them even though they are few thousand euros expensive than market?(any benefits)

I have heard the tiler is good but I am yet it see his work except the show house. Is there much difference in price with them and the market? I wouldnt have taught it would have been a few thousand extra?

You can speak to Gary at Project Tiles. He will probably offer you 50% off the tiles price in the show room (for Hansfield Barnwell Residents). Nice guy. I do think their tiles are priced high but this could be in line with quality as even the tiles advertised for say Right Price Tiles, they look cheap in advertising. Project Tiles will hold tiles for you in store for up to 2 weeks after purchase if you like.

You can contact Jimmy directly too for works, he's very approachable. Or obviously use them together.

If I can help anyone with contact details let me know, I can PM.

I personally need to start looking at flooring. Click flooring for all the bedrooms and carpet for stairs. If anyone has contacts please let me know. I have a tiler in mind, I know his work is great so I'm sorted there.

Collyb101 wrote: »
    You can speak to Gary at Project Tiles. He will probably offer you 50% off the tiles price in the show room (for Hansfield Barnwell Residents). Nice guy. I do think their tiles are priced high but this could be in line with quality as even the tiles advertised for say Right Price Tiles, they look cheap in advertising. Project Tiles will hold tiles for you in store for up to 2 weeks after purchase if you like.

You can contact Jimmy directly too for works, he's very approachable. Or obviously use them together.

I personally need to start looking at flooring. Click flooring for all the bedrooms and carpet for stairs. If anyone has contacts please let me know. I have a tiler in mind, I know his work is great so I'm sorted there.

Hi Collyb101, I felt even after 50% discount they are very expensive that's why wondering about their quality(may be they are good quality tiles)

Every one is saying tiler Jimmy is very good but do we need fork out that much extra money for him?

can you please pm me your tiler details, thanks.

There are factors to take into consideration, Jimmy is insured to be on the premises and so you can have the work done before the handover. I'm not in that much of a hurry though, I would rather save some funds. [yes I'll PM you]. I know the class of work from this guy too. He's the type of guy you ring when no one else can fix your issues. I'm told great things about Jimmy too though.

Unfortunately the only one allowed by the developers to do the tiles job before to release the house is Jimmy.

He could be a 20% higher in the price, but I can ensure the job is 100% a very good job.
    About Project Tiles, I had a look in many shops, the prices are pretty much the same everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 danb85

Collyb101 wrote: »

For the wood flooring bedrooms, sitting room and carpet on the stairs and landing we are going with Lawless interior in mulhuddart. The guy Stephen is really helpful in there. My parents got work done of them, good quality and very reasonable on price too.

We went with Jimmy on the tiles, he was a little bit more expensive but not a huge difference in the prices I have been quoted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Arsen5

Hi, I used combination of both (Project & Jimmy are expensive if you deal with them separately, I chose the tiles from Project & then haggled with Jimmy about getting the whole thing done & just pay him half at start half when finished, it's over 2000€ cheaper).
    His work is top quality without a doubt, also it's crucial that you get kitchen floor done before the kitchen it self is put in, so it's better to go with him as you can't get someone from outside before the house is complete. You just have to haggle with him.

Advertisement