Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Collyb101

userduluth wrote: »
    Yes, I have sent the person a specific mail regarding extension and they came back to me saying I need to submit so and so documents

That is common yes, they can actually ask you to provide them with those details at any time, including the time of draw down. They probably wont but just so you know. That couple I discussed, they were not asked for documentation for their extension but possibly thats because they were working through a Broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Just had a look at the letter I received from the bank at the time. It states

"This Sanction in Principle will expire on xx/xx/xxxx. The Bank reserves the right to seek up to date
    confirmation of income and bank statements to verify that the financial circumstances have not
    changed since the initial application"

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

bbari wrote: »
    Just had a look at the letter I received from the bank at the time. It states

"This Sanction in Principle will expire on xx/xx/xxxx. The Bank reserves the right to seek up to date
    confirmation of income and bank statements to verify that the financial circumstances have not
    changed since the initial application"

:)Applied for my salary cert and preparing for other details required :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Could someone please advise what the starting price is for these properties?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I see they've finally removed the road block to Barnwell from the Educate Together school side. I'm sure many residents will be glad of the improved accessibility to the area. Less traffic to deal with for pedestrians on the Station Road too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Trucha82

Hi everyone,
    We are thinking of buying within Barnwell this weekend.. Can you please advise how do you find Barnwell estate? Are you all happy that you bought house in this area? Are builders helpful in case you want to make some changes?
    We are worried a bit about Ongar as we heard it is not very pleasant village.
    Thanks a mill in advance.

Hi Trucha82,
    We are here for almost a year and never had any issue in the estate. Builders are helpful in the sense that they will accommodate reasonable requests e.g. changing kitchen layout, colour of cabinet, tiles, bathrooms etc. Of course they will charge you to make those changes where the extra cost is involved. We do our grocery shopping in Dunnes in Ongar, never had any issue or didn't see anyone else having any issue. Obviously that's based on personal experience. Good Luck with the buying!

Hi can any one suggest a good place to buy bathroom mirrors (not Sonas) and also please suggest the measurements for shower door(ensuite) in Sycamore type A

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

Trucha82 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    We are thinking of buying within Barnwell this weekend.. Can you please advise how do you find Barnwell estate? Are you all happy that you bought house in this area? Are builders helpful in case you want to make some changes?
    We are worried a bit about Ongar as we heard it is not very pleasant village.
    Thanks a mill in advance.

Hi Trucha82,
    I bought the house in Barnwell last year in October, Moved in January this year.

I can't really complain about the area, which is fantastic and very quiet,
    so I can only give positive reviews on houses/area.

I know Ongar doesn't have a good reputation, but we go there for the shopping at Dunnes, or the laundry, pharmacy etc.. and I can say it's ok.
    Although, there's a very different perception between Ongar and Barnwell;
    Barnwell is much more quiet, maybe because there's not yet the commercial area (there will be one in the future, suppose close the Station).

About the builders, as far as the house is not yet ready, they will allow you small changes, some of these can be either free or charged to you, depends on the type of change.

If you have any other question, don't hesitate to ask ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Hi can any one suggest a good place to buy bathroom mirrors (not Sonas) and also please suggest the measurements for shower door(ensuite) in Sycamore type A

Try Argos, got one in there very similar to Sonas, half the cost price so more than half price when they add their cut!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4328719/Trail/searchtext%3EBATHROOM+MIRROR.htm

This is what I got, shaver socket, lights, and demister. Needs to be connected to the mains.

Sadly it's regularly out of stock so you'll have to hunt for it.

• Advertisement

I bought three different mirrors from Woodies, Blanchardstown.

I don't know the prices for this phase starting this weekend.

But these are the prices for last phase in February if I'm not wrong.

3 Beds.
    The Beech (110 sq. m - 112 sq. m). Price €287,500 to €315,000.
    The Sycamore (115 sq. ). Price € 320,000

4 Beds.
    The Alder (131 sq. m). Price €360,000 to €365,000)
    The Ash (136 sq. m). Price €385,000.

P.S.
    Consider the 3 beds' attic is very big so it's convertible.

lunamia wrote: »
    I don't know the prices for this phase starting this weekend.

But these are the prices for last phase in February if I'm not wrong.

3 Beds.
    The Beech (110 sq. m - 112 sq. m). Price €287,500 to €315,000.
    The Sycamore (115 sq. ). Price € 320,000

4 Beds.
    The Alder (131 sq. m). Price €360,000 to €365,000)
    The Ash (136 sq. m). Price €385,000.

P.S.
    Consider the 3 beds' attic is very big so it's convertible.

which type of 3 bed property attic can be converted for example Sycamore A type?

I bought three different mirrors from Woodies, Blanchardstown.

Thanks lunamia

Try Argos, got one in there very similar to Sonas, half the cost price so more than half price when they add their cut!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4328719/Trail/searchtext%3EBATHROOM+MIRROR.htm

This is what I got, shaver socket, lights, and demister. Needs to be connected to the mains.

Sadly it's regularly out of stock so you'll have to hunt for it.

Thanks Cathmandooo

which type of 3 bed property attic can be converted for example Sycamore A type?

As far as I know all the three bed houses can be converted.

I have the Beech, which is a townhouse (terraced) and it's convertible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

lunamia wrote:
    As far as I know all the three bed houses can be converted.

lunamia wrote:
    I have the Beech, which is a townhouse (terraced) and it's convertible.

How do you find the noise transfer between the adjoining walls to the houses both sides?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

Yesterday got mail , Price List for today's Launch

2 BEDROOM HOMES
    The Cedar 88 sq. m €265,000

3 BEDROOM HOMES
    The Beech 110 sq. m – 112 sq. m €297,500 - €325,000
    The Sycamore 115 sq. m – 118 sq. m €322,500 - €327,500
    The Elm 113 sq. m €327,500

4 BEDROOM HOMES
    The Willow 144 sq. m €365,000 - €385,000
    The Alder 131 sq. m €380,000
    The Ash 136 sq. m €387,500 - €395,000

2 BEDROOM SHOW HOUSE
    The Cedar - 8 Barnwell Heath 88 sq.m €277,500

3 BEDROOM SHOW HOUSES
    The Beech - 3 Barnwell Lawn 110 sq. m €320,000
    The Beech - 1 Barnwell Lawn 112 sq. m €350,000
    The Sycamore - 6 Barnwell Heath 115 sq. m €350,000
    The Elm - 4 Barnwell Heath 112 sq. m €355,000

4 BEDROOM SHOW HOUSE
    The Ash - 2 Barnwell Heath 136 sq. m €425,000

How do you find the noise transfer between the adjoining walls to the houses both sides?

It's not really that bad... but id depends on what's your habit.

I always lived in blocks' apartments, you can hear something from the neighbor of course if they're loud.

Thomas16 wrote: »
    Yesterday got mail , Price List for today's Launch

2 BEDROOM HOMES
    The Cedar 88 sq. m €265,000

3 BEDROOM HOMES
    The Beech 110 sq. m – 112 sq. m €297,500 - €325,000
    The Sycamore 115 sq. m – 118 sq. m €322,500 - €327,500
    The Elm 113 sq. m €327,500

4 BEDROOM HOMES
    The Willow 144 sq. m €365,000 - €385,000
    The Alder 131 sq. m €380,000
    The Ash 136 sq. m €387,500 - €395,000

2 BEDROOM SHOW HOUSE
    The Cedar - 8 Barnwell Heath 88 sq.m €277,500

3 BEDROOM SHOW HOUSES
    The Beech - 3 Barnwell Lawn 110 sq. m €320,000
    The Beech - 1 Barnwell Lawn 112 sq. m €350,000
    The Sycamore - 6 Barnwell Heath 115 sq. m €350,000
    The Elm - 4 Barnwell Heath 112 sq. m €355,000

4 BEDROOM SHOW HOUSE
    The Ash - 2 Barnwell Heath 136 sq. m €425,000

Are they gonna selling the show houses?!?! :confused:

What's the reason?
    I suppose the should keep building a lot, don't they? :eek:

• Advertisement

Are they gonna selling the show houses?!?! :confused:

What's the reason?
    I suppose the should keep building a lot, don't they? :eek:

I reply myself, just called the agency and they said they will build houses a bit different, that's why they're selling now the showhouses..

So, keep building.
    There will not be apartments, like the blocks they're building in Hansfield Wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Energy1

Glad to hear that, I don't like the look of them apartments in front of the houses.

Is there any future plans for developments near the train station? Where is the phase from this weekend located, I assume it's at Barnwell roundabout?

Hopefully when more people move to the area the train will go direct to Connolly station.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭alexf1

There's planning permission in for an attic conversion in a Beech Type A in Barnwell Grove. Looks like a decent conversion that doesn't take away much space on the first floor for the stairs. Has anyone converted the attic in a Beech Type B (wide house type)?

Apart from the show houses any idea which part of the Barnwell the new houses were released?

Apart from the show houses any idea which part of the Barnwell the new houses were released?

The last houses in Barnwell Grove were all sold (up to number 46) and another 7 houses at the top of Barnwell Green and Barnwell Place. If you look on Google Maps you'll see an empty patch of land linking the two roads. All houses sold on Friday. People queued from Wednesday!

They've started building a lot of the houses near the bakery so they'll be sold next (129 houses called Beechwood or Beechpark or something) and then they're coming back to build on the land between Hansfield Wood/The Paddocks and Barnwell.

Also, we had a look at the Barnwell Grove site from the school yesterday. All the odd number houses up to 35 are built and look almost fully finished. Even numbers to 16 are up with roof done and windows in. Foundations for 18-24 are build up to ground floor level. Foundations for 28-32 are dug out.

alexf1 wrote: »
    The last houses in Barnwell Grove were all sold (up to number 46) and another 7 houses at the top of Barnwell Green and Barnwell Place. If you look on Google Maps you'll see an empty patch of land linking the two roads. All houses sold on Friday. People queued from Wednesday!

They've started building a lot of the houses near the bakery so they'll be sold next (129 houses called Beechwood or Beechpark or something) and then they're coming back to build on the land between Hansfield Wood/The Paddocks and Barnwell.

Also, we had a look at the Barnwell Grove site from the school yesterday. All the odd number houses up to 35 are built and look almost fully finished. Even numbers to 16 are up with roof done and windows in. Foundations for 18-24 are build up to ground floor level. Foundations for 28-32 are dug out.

Hi alexf1 I dont see house number 46(Barnwell Grove) in the brochure, do you have latest brochure which is showing this?

Yeah they only had a one page printout with the map on it. It's the same as what's on the wall in the show house they're using as the sales office. I've uploaded a pic of it. Hope you can see it.

sales%20map_zpswomrk27j.jpg

Yeah they only had a one page printout with the map on it. It's the same as what's on the wall in the show house they're using as the sales office. I've uploaded a pic of it. Hope you can see it.

sales%20map_zpswomrk27j.jpg

Thanks alexf1 for the image.

have you all who bought in Barnwell noticed the roads in front of the houses are too narrow to pass, any reason for it to be that narrow?

Thanks alexf1 for the image.

have you all who bought in Barnwell noticed the roads in front of the houses are too narrow to pass, any reason for it to be that narrow?

While I don't know what the exact rules are, the roads have to be approved by the planners. Narrow roads will mean no parking on them and will make drivers slow down. I'm not sure how it'll work out though. Hopefully nobody parks half way up on footpaths. (that is actually completely illegal under all circumstances, aways was, but you wouldn't think it!)

• Advertisement

While I don't know what the exact rules are, the roads have to be approved by the planners. Narrow roads will mean no parking on them and will make drivers slow down.

+1
    I was told the same thing when I asked this question. Have a look at the Barnwell Gate, really narrow road

Advertisement