Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Attol wrote: »
    Are you a resident of the area?

No, but we went to view a couple of houses in the past, I'm glad we didn't buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Phil, I think it's quite clear to everyone on here regarding your dislike about Ongar and near surrounding areas. Plenty of people have bought here and are happy. Now you've said yourself you haven't purchased yourself so you have not lived in the area - bearing in mind I originally asked if there was anti-social behaviour on the road down to the train station - but you have made it out to be like it is downtown Beirut. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

"When the fox cannot reach the grapes he says they are not ripe!"

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Falcon

Has anyone had a Sky dish put up. Do they bring the cable into the attic to connect with cables put in by the builder?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jdp2017

The Falcon wrote: »
    Has anyone had a Sky dish put up. Do they bring the cable into the attic to connect with cables put in by the builder?

Hi,

Sky refused to enter my attic and connect to the cables. After checking the cables i discovered they are single core only and full sky wouldn't be available through it.

Ended up having the sky engineer route the cables under all kitchen units and through an internal wall to the living room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ShanMohan

userduluth wrote: »
    Hi, just got the news that the houses on the even number side of Barnwell Grove have been done and hand over of keys started.

Hi,
    I purchased the property in Barnwell Groove the construction of the door numbers 18-24 is still in progress there is no clear date of hand over from the builder.

During sales , the builder has promised to deliver the property by Aug 2017. They have defaulted the Aug date and after several chase up builder informed that they will complete construction and handover by Nov 2017. However, there is no significant progress made for past few weeks, looks like the work is stopped not sure if they can still deliver by Nov 2017. I see their other site Beechwood is progressing in full pace. There is no clear communication from the builder end on the completion date. If someone has update on the completion of above door numbers(18-24 Barnwell Groove). Please post to this forum
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21 happycoolrains

Hi,
    What was the last rate going on in Barnwell. Any ideas on Beechwood prices for 4 bed houses semi-detached or detached.

Thanks,
    rains

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭alexf1

The last Barnwell release was in May. The 4 beds were priced at €380k for the Alder and €387,500-€395,000 for the Ash type house. No Oak types built there. The Ash has different versions, some with and some without the bay window in the kitchen/dining room.

Thank you, different versions. Was this informed before.
    Also are the houses built as promised in show houses or there were changes later on.

alexf1 wrote: »
    The last Barnwell release was in May. The 4 beds were priced at €380k for the Alder and €387,500-€395,000 for the Ash type house. No Oak types built there. The Ash has different versions, some with and some without the bay window in the kitchen/dining room.

I'm sure you'd be informed what version the house is when you're picking it from the map! We're still waiting on our house to be built, we had originally been told August but it's been put back to December. Hopefully it's not delayed beyond that.

Have you looked at all the plans on the fingal county council website? They're all there. If you study them you'll learn the differences between houses, garden sizes and layouts, room sizes and orientation of the houses etc.

• Advertisement

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I understand that.

Sorry my question was whichever version one picks,
    are there any changes to the house after commitment.

Yes hopefully you get it soon. Can understand.

Thanks.
    I'm sure you'd be informed what version the house is when you're picking it from the map! We're still waiting on our house to be built, we had originally been told August but it's been put back to December. Hopefully it's not delayed beyond that.

Have you looked at all the plans on the fingal county council website? They're all there. If you study them you'll learn the differences between houses, garden sizes and layouts, room sizes and orientation of the houses etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

Hi,
    What was the last rate going on in Barnwell. Any ideas on Beechwood prices for 4 bed houses semi-detached or detached.

Thanks,
    rains

This is mail got yesterday.

2 BEDROOM HOMES
    TYPE SIZE PRICES FROM
    The Cedar 88 sq. m €285,000

3 BEDROOM HOMES
    The Beech 110 sq. m – 112 sq. m €305,000
    The Sycamore 115 sq. m – 118 sq. m €315,000
    The Elm 113 sq. m €340,000

4 BEDROOM HOMES
    The Alder 131 sq. m €370,000
    The Ash 136 sq. m €388,000
    The Oak 146 sq. m €405,000

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LOLLD

The elm and sycamore in beechwood were all snatched up real quick. Now on wait list, pretty sad

LOLLD wrote: »
    The elm and sycamore in beechwood were all snatched up real quick. Now on wait list, pretty sad

Sorry to hear that. How many houses were on sale today? When did you start queuing? You might get a cancellation, it's common enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

Sorry to hear that. How many houses were on sale today? When did you start queuing? You might get a cancellation, it's common enough.

I was curious to check and around 55 houses were already sold on Sunday at 1pm,
    over a total of 80 houses minus 8 show houses I think.

Good response I'd say

alexf1, I was there just b4 2 pm,  I thought it was private viewing, but it appears everyone was there. I did put my name down for cancellation but I was number 57. Not sure there will be sycamore or elm available for cancellation, no plan on when the next phase will be released.

They did not release all houses as well, not sure why?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭k100

lunamia wrote: »
    I was curious to check and around 55 houses were already sold on Sunday at 1pm,
    over a total of 80 houses minus 8 show houses I think.

Good response I'd say

The sales office was packed on Friday when it started.

Being one of the last ones to leave on Sunday, I heard they them saying they sold out while they were closing up, 2:20pm Sunday.

k100, they sold all the houses released, but by friday afternoon there were only 4 bedrooms left, the last sycamore was sold to a woman few numbers ahead of me.  They did not release all the 80 houses.

I called in myself to have a look on Saturday. Houses 44-58 were not for sale this time and at 12:30pm Saturday there were only 3 Alder type houses left. The prices have gone up by 12,500 to 15,000 for some of the 3 beds as they ranged from €305k to €345k compared to the last release in Barnwell.

• Advertisement

Yes alex, 
    Looking at 44 - 49 though. Only 1 sycamore and 1 elm in there, even if they were to be released, it will be gone in no time. The demand is high, renting is equally expensive.

Yeah it's gone crazy. If there's a particular house you want you need to be first in the queue and get to the site the minute you get the email announcing the sale date. Hopefully you'll be given a ticket to secure your place and get sent home but be prepared to camp in the car for a few days. It's gone mental these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

What is the deal with these? Did you all bring your booking deposit bank draft on the day?

When do contracts issue and balance of deposit follow?

myshirt wrote: »
    What is the deal with these? Did you all bring your booking deposit bank draft on the day?

When do contracts issue and balance of deposit follow?

If you're interested in buying you need to have your deposit, mortgage approval and solicitor details (and help to buy scheme account number and a printout of how much you qualify for if you're availing of that).

Contracts come out a few weeks after and you pay the rest of the deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Eire_2016

be prepared to camp in the car for a few days. It's gone mental these days.
    I haven't seen anyone camping in their car for a few days waiting for these houses? Have u done this? Have u seen it?

Eire_2016 wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone camping in their car for a few days waiting for these houses? Have u done this? Have u seen it?

For the February release there was one couple who arrived at 9am on Thursday and stayed, others arrived from 8am Friday. For the May release people started queuing on Wednesday... I wasn't around for the Beechwood release so I don't know if anyone camped out but there were 60 houses sold and as someone mentioned earlier nearly the same number again on the cancellation list so there's no point arriving at 2pm on the day hoping to get one.

I'm not saying it's a good thing to have to camp out for days, but it is the fairest way the sell the houses and I'd be prepared to do it if I wanted a particular house (which I would, there are only two houses out of the 80 in Beechwood that I would consider buying so I'd want to be first in the queue to make sure I was happy). Plenty of reports of people camping out at other sites so far this year...

I'm not saying it's a good thing to have to camp out for days, but it is the fairest way the sell the houses and I'd be prepared to do it if I wanted a particular house (which I would, there are only two houses out of the 80 in Beechwood that I would consider buying so I'd want to be first in the queue to make sure I was happy). Plenty of reports of people camping out at other sites so far this year...

I agree, I would do the same be prepared, do some investigating and call the estate agent acquire as much information and queue up. Crazy demand right now :(

I am unsure how long people were queuing for the park Hansfield launch last wednesday, when we arrived at 2pm, there was already 10/15 cars parked infront waiting for the prelaunch at 4pm. rocking up earlier the better if they allow it.

Anyone else lucky enough to secure a house at beechwood gate?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

k100 wrote: »
    I agree, I would do the same be prepared, do some investigating and call the estate agent acquire as much information and queue up. Crazy demand right now :(

I am unsure how long people were queuing for the park Hansfield launch last wednesday, when we arrived at 2pm, there was already 10/15 cars parked infront waiting for the prelaunch at 4pm. rocking up earlier the better if they allow it.

Anyone else lucky enough to secure a house at beechwood gate?

couple of my friends booked two houses in beechwood on Friday(Beechtype and Sycamore)

userduluth wrote: »
    couple of my friends booked two houses in beechwood on Friday(Beechtype and Sycamore)

That is great, I hope we and they can move in before Christmas.
    Set dates are December but seeing as others in Barnwell have been pushed back a few times unsure how realistic this is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

k100 wrote: »
    That is great, I hope we and they can move in before Christmas.
    Set dates are December but seeing as others in Barnwell have been pushed back a few times unsure how realistic this is.

previous houses in Barnwell were atleast 3 or 4 months delayed and I don't expect anything spectacular happening in Beechwood either

Advertisement