Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭paddyred9

ghusk wrote: »
    Just got onto her now and the site won't be open for snagging until Friday now!!!
    I am going to try and get in on Saturday morning to snag, but have to confirm with Cian's uncle who is snagging for us.
    The site office is open from 10am-12pm on Saturday.
    I think that its gas the builders solitiors sending us all letters to close etc in 14 days when the site foreman isn't ready to allow us on site to snag until 7 days before the deadline!!!

I'm booked and everything for monday now for my snag!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lmd

Snag is being done thursday morning so i will keep you informed on how i get on.

Great stuff,

lmd which number are you in again?

Ah ok cool,

So you're down the far end of the street to the apartments?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

It's great you're all getting in to snag this week. ;)
    Hopefully you'll get in on Sat morn Ghusk.

I'm so jealous wish we were near to snagging!!! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Guys, just a gentle reminder that this is a public forum and putting your real names and addresses on it may not be the wisest thing in the world, not everyone out there is as nice as they are here. May I suggest you use PMs to swap address details, or if people prefer you can send the names and addresses to me and I'll do a single PM to everyone with all the details.

Haha oops..

Maybe a good idea, its hard when we're all talking about which new house is ours!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ghusk

I am booked to snag on Saturday morning!! I can't wait!!!
    Drove into the site last night and had a quick chat with the father of a girl who bought behind the green (still not up on the names!) and he said that they were great when it came to snagging and it was only cosmetic problems that they found, all fixed and sorted within 10 days!
    Good luck to everyone who is snagging this week!

Just got a phone call from Modern Kitchens and apparently they are closing the section of the business for new developments. If anyone has made any changes to the kitchen that are not being completed until after keys are being handed over then the jobs are being passed over to Kitchen World (the public section of the business).
    Hope that nobody is adversly affected by this, just thought I'd let you all know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 greg70

hi

• Advertisement

Folks, nothing further on this please for the moment. I'm looking for clarification on property dealing here from the higher ups.

OK, I'm going to delete the last couple of posts. Greg, if you're looking to sell a house please post here or here, but not on this thread.

Thanks.

Down there yesterday evening and they are motoring along trying to get the place looking presentable for the launch on Saturday!
    They have blocked off the walkway totally now so there will be no tresspassing anymore, unless we can find another way in!
    They are almost finished with the footpaths and my driveway was almost complete, hoping they managed to finish it by the end of the day as with the forecast for the rest of the week, it doesn't look like there will be much opportunity to get work done!
    Excitment killing me now, can't concentrate in work at all!

I cant concentrate in work either! Probably wont be able to sleep tonight with the excitement or nerves! I'll be snagging bright an early tomorrow morning so I will let you all know how i get on.
    I wont be able to make drinks on friday night, but sure i'll see you all soon enough!:)

Ah Louise I'm delighted that your getting in to do it!! I'm jelous that I'm not doing it until Saturday, but needed to find a time that suited everyone!

I will be watching the thread all day tomorrow waiting to hear how you get on!

It's a pity that you won't be able to make it on Friday, but I'm sure that we'll have plently of opportunity to chat in the next few weeks!

Best of luck in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bazni

Just want to wish everyone that is snagging this week the best of luck and i hope all go's well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭cpstears

Best wishes to all those heading to their houses over the next few days

Got my snag done this morning. No major problems, just few minor things! Surveyor couldnt check the sanitation/electrics as there was no connection.The site was very busy today, the apartments are being launched on saturday. Make sure you bring your wellies!! Got form with MPRN so that esb/gas can be connected.

lmd wrote: »
    Got my snag done this morning. No major problems, just few minor things! Surveyor couldnt check the sanitation/electrics as there was no connection.The site was very busy today, the apartments are being launched on saturday. Make sure you bring your wellies!! Got form with MPRN so that esb/gas can be connected.

Thats great you must be delighted!! Heading up and saturday for a look around and to measure for my house!

Thats great news with the snagging!! Going to head up myself on Saturday to measure up too so might see you there with your measuring tape!!

• Advertisement

Are you measuring your own house or showhouse? Id say it will be mad busy up there on saturday.

Only measuring the showhouse but it will give me some ideas. My brother is coming along as thats his specialty. He did say that even though it's the same type house that measurements can vary so to allow for this. i.e. measurements I take on sat may not be the exact same as when I measure my own house!!

Are we still meeting tonight??

We are still available to meet tonight.

How is everyone else looking?

Well done Louise on getting over the first hurdle of the snagging! hopefully the rest will go smoothly and we'll get the keys the week after next!

Just found out that we have something else to go to tonight but we are available to meet for an hour until about 9pm!

I probably wouldn't get there until nine as the other half isn't finishing work until 8!

Might be an idea to re schedule??

Yeah might be an idea! I am available tomorrow night but I am not available next weekend.
    Anyone else?

Can't do the friday of next week but maybe the saturday

What about this sunday? Next weekend is out for me.
    On another note, I seem to have trouble getting the gas connected. hopefully i dont confuse you all with this! It seems that the registered number that the site office gives you, to give to Bord Gais isnt recognised by them so they have to send someone out to have a look at a cost of €150, then you have to pay €115 connection fee!
    Does that seem right to all of you??
    Slightly confused!:cool:

We can do this Sunday!! Maybe Sunday evening?

• Advertisement

I am surprised about the Gas! I thought that it would be straighforward, as in just set up an account to direct debit to avoid the connection fee. I will ask John the site foreman tomorrow if I get a chance as it should be connected already, just need to be switched on.
    I can do Sunday evening, but Cian won't be around, but sure I can go on my own.

Advertisement