Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭k100

userduluth wrote: »
    previous houses in Barnwell were atleast 3 or 4 months delayed and I don't expect anything spectacular happening in Beechwood either
    Is the delay caused because the were focusing on beechwood?

I did ask if they were closing purchases in batches of completion or per house completion
    They said per house basis, The closer your house is to the entrance of the estate the soon you it should be in theory?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

k100 wrote: »
    Is the delay caused because the were focusing on beechwood?

I did ask if they were closing purchases in batches of completion or per house completion
    They said per house basis, The closer your house is to the entrance of the estate the soon you it should be in theory?

lot of delay happens due to Fingal issues which are out of the builders hands....but, dont know whats difference in approach between Hansfield homes and Barnwell builders as Hansfield homes seems to happen pretty quickly but Barnwell is delayed a lot

lot of delay happens due to Fingal issues which are out of the builders hands....but, dont know whats difference in approach between Hansfield homes and Barnwell builders as Hansfield homes seems to happen pretty quickly but Barnwell is delayed a lot

I know there was delays in hansfield homes too, someone I know bought there and it was a delayed closing, unsure about the reason tho or i just forgot :/ the reason.

We shall see about Beechwood and what the builders say when the time comes around closer to December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Garapon

ShanMohan wrote: »
    Hi,
    I purchased the property in Barnwell Groove the construction of the door numbers 18-24 is still in progress there is no clear date of hand over from the builder.

During sales , the builder has promised to deliver the property by Aug 2017. They have defaulted the Aug date and after several chase up builder informed that they will complete construction and handover by Nov 2017. However, there is no significant progress made for past few weeks, looks like the work is stopped not sure if they can still deliver by Nov 2017. I see their other site Beechwood is progressing in full pace. There is no clear communication from the builder end on the completion date. If someone has update on the completion of above door numbers(18-24 Barnwell Groove). Please post to this forum
    Thanks

hi, i was told it'll be end of january / start of february 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

#Budget2018

"The controversial help to buy scheme of grants for first time buyers, which offers an income tax refund of up to €20,000 for buyers of newly built homes, is being retained."

Good news for all the people investing in Hansfield I think,
    being a new estate, the fact that people will have interest in buying new house will ensure that the area will be completed asap with no delays.

Looking forward having some shops at doorsteps + the big park close the station...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 mick2311

Has anyone received contracts that purchased in Beechwood?

Hi I need some suggestions please, I found a big crack in the bathtub will the builder change it or do I need to do it my self?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

Hi I need some suggestions please, I found a big crack in the bathtub will the builder change it or do I need to do it my self?

Hi,

Better to ask Robert in the site office. Tadhg is the responsible person to do this. But Robert is a good man to deal with.

I think, Tadhg doesn't give any warranty for the sanitary items!!!
    Normally If we buy such sanitary items, shop will give a 10-15 yrs warranty. I don't know any legal scope to get warranty from the builder.

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nelly river

I was told January 2018 for completion of my Ash house in Beechwood. When is the time to choose kitchen/layout/finishes?
    I wanted to request positioning of extra sockets and extra light fittings, outdoor tap and outdoor socket.
    For the box bedroom, I wanted to add some storage. Thinking of a sliding wardrobe by cutting into bedroom 1 and taking some space from the bigger bedroom.

Did anyone get the attic floored and a stira folding attic stairs at build stage?
    Does John O' Connor tile guy fit wooden floors. The Agent said if we wanted floors in before we move in, we can only use John.

Anyone have a contact number for who I should engage with for these queries/jobs?

Thomas16 wrote: »
    Hi,

Better to ask Robert in the site office. Tadhg is the responsible person to do this. But Robert is a good man to deal with.

I think, Tadhg doesn't give any warranty for the sanitary items!!!
    Normally If we buy such sanitary items, shop will give a 10-15 yrs warranty. I don't know any legal scope to get warranty from the builder.

Thank You

Thanks Thomas

• Advertisement

I was told January 2018 for completion of my Ash house in Beechwood. When is the time to choose kitchen/layout/finishes?
    I wanted to request positioning of extra sockets and extra light fittings, outdoor tap and outdoor socket.
    For the box bedroom, I wanted to add some storage. Thinking of a sliding wardrobe by cutting into bedroom 1 and taking some space from the bigger bedroom.

Did anyone get the attic floored and a stira folding attic stairs at build stage?
    Does John O' Connor tile guy fit wooden floors. The Agent said if we wanted floors in before we move in, we can only use John.

Anyone have a contact number for who I should engage with for these queries/jobs?

What is the progresses of the house?
    That is quite a lot of modifications, it will be easier to do all this if the inner plaster walls have not been put in yet.

I wanted to add in Ethernet wiring but the plaster walls have been put in, so will be doing this modification when we get the keys.
    since last time I checked they were painting the inner walls of my house.
    It seems 70/80% complete, no one has contacted us about kitchen/layout/finishes yet.
    Mine is scheduled to be complete by December.

I will also be asking for johns number, can the agent not provide contact details?

please check PM for you.

Sorry, it's Jimmy, not John

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ck0

Hi all,
    I am also buying a house in Beechwood Gate. According to the latest details we got from Estate Agents (a week ago) house will be ready end of November/beginning December. As I understand it will be really ready for snagging at this stage, or it will be available for snagging earlier than that and they are aiming to hand a keys before December?
    Did somebody had a chance to agree with the builders re folding attic stairs and attic semi-flooring - are builders accepting to do that for an extra cost?

Re Solar Panels - does electricity provider provide any discount for the electricity produced by Solar Panels and returned to ESB (not used by a house appliances)? I know that its is how it worked about 2 years ago (1/2 phases in Barnwell), but I found some recent topics that there is no discounts anymore? Btw how many ~kW/day solar panels produces in Barnwell?

@Thomas16, can you please PM me details of Jimmy who is allowed to do the flooring before house is ready?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭alexf1

@K100

The kitchens are being done by Bedroom Elegance. I'd advise contacting them and making an appointment to go through available kitchen options or you'll get exactly what was in the showhouse. http://bespace.ie/

The wardrobes are done by a kitchen place called McCauls Kitchens (confusing I know...) and they also have some interior options if you fancy them. Give them a shout asap if you want anything different. http://www.mccaulkitchens.ie/

The electrician will add extra sockets and lights for a cost, but again, get in contact before they start working in the house. You can get their number from the site office.

alexf1 wrote: »
    @K100

The kitchens are being done by Bedroom Elegance. I'd advise contacting them and making an appointment to go through available kitchen options or you'll get exactly what was in the showhouse. http://bespace.ie/

The wardrobes are done by a kitchen place called McCauls Kitchens (confusing I know...) and they also have some interior options if you fancy them. Give them a shout asap if you want anything different. http://www.mccaulkitchens.ie/

The electrician will add extra sockets and lights for a cost, but again, get in contact before they start working in the house. You can get their number from the site office.

Thank you alexf1, ill do that asap.

Hi again,

Can somebody please PM me details of Jimmy O'Connor (tile guy)?

Thank you!

ck0 wrote: »
    Hi again,

Thank you!

can someone also pass me on Jimmy's contacts please and thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jdp2017

@jdp2017 Thanks!

Need help! Did someone sign the contract yet? I am wondering regarding Help To Buy scheme. Estate Agents asked for an access code to get our allowance figures from Revenue and we gave them. However In the Contracts our solicitor has nothing is mentioned regarding any discounts we should have and the balance we would need to pay after grant is payed to a Builder. Shouldn't it (HTB) be outlined in the Contract ? Smth like (TOTAL_AMOUNT - HTB) = you have to pay at the end.

Hi again,

Thank you!

J. O’ Connor Tiling Ltd ( Jimmy 087 2543099);
    email: info@joconnortiling.ie

• Advertisement

@jdp2017 Thanks!

Need help! Did someone sign the contract yet? I am wondering regarding Help To Buy scheme. Estate Agents asked for an access code to get our allowance figures from Revenue and we gave them. However In the Contracts our solicitor has nothing is mentioned regarding any discounts we should have and the balance we would need to pay after grant is payed to a Builder. Shouldn't it (HTB) be outlined in the Contract ? Smth like (TOTAL_AMOUNT - HTB) = you have to pay at the end.

Mine was not outlined, either. Your solicitor should have access to your allowance figures to confirm also with the developers Solicator and you write a cheque of (Total Deposit - HTB Allowance - booking deposit).

Thomas16 wrote: »
    J. O’ Connor Tiling Ltd ( Jimmy 087 2543099);
    email: info@joconnortiling.ie

Thanks, appreciate your help!

k100 wrote: »
    Mine was not outlined, either. Your solicitor should have access to your allowance figures to confirm also with the developers Solicator and you write a cheque of (Total Deposit - HTB Allowance - booking deposit).

In our contract it was actually outlined but wasn't spotted by our Solicitor! I was on the phone with Estate Agents who confirmed this is part of the contract, and later our Solicitor confirmed that as well. So make sure your Solicitor reads contracts thoroughly....

Just for somebody else who will have similar questions/issue:
    Contracts for Beechwood Gate estate has a clause which includes Help To Buy details (if you are eligible for it) which were put there by builder's solicitor (after you gave them access codes and before they issues contracts). Having these details you don't need to pay 10% of deposit in full. Part of that deposit covers HTB (5% of full amount), 2k you already paid as a booking deposit, so you need to transfer only outstanding balance and having that your Solicitor returns contract + deposit to builder's solicitor.

For example, if your house's price is 300k.
    - You paid 2k booking.
    - 10% of full house price = 30k.
    - You have 5% from HTB, which is 15k.
    - After signing contract you have to transfer to solicitor 30k-2k-15k = 13k.
    After builder's solicitor receives signed contract it takes money from revenue using access codes you provided earlier and have 30k in total.

That's it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nlassai

So what'sup with the claim option we have on Revenue website? Its says we need to claim it online by providing few details like builder, ..etc. Can the builder claim that amount themselves( as we provide both codes to him)?:unsure:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

Phil.x wrote: »
    FYI

You didn’t (couldn’t maybe) buy, but you’re always here keeping throwing s*it to this fantastic place.

By the way, we don’t need your news, even because the apartments belong to Hansfield Wood, not Barnwell, which even with all the social houses/apartment is always better than what you can afford.

You didn’t buy here, as you said, so have a life rather than loosing your time here with people that don’t appreciate your presence!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Collyb101

lunamia wrote: »
    You didn’t (couldn’t maybe) buy, but you’re always here keeping throwing s*it to this fantastic place.

By the way, we don’t need your news, even because the apartments belong to Hansfield Wood, not Barnwell, which even with all the social houses/apartment is always better than what you can afford.

You didn’t buy here, as you said, so have a life rather than loosing your time here with people that don’t appreciate your presence!

Hey Phil. Stop being a knob end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

lunamia wrote: »

I never wanted a house there, that place was just wastelands, I bought my house 14 years.

So enjoy your bubble mortgage and two people working to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

Phil.x wrote: »
    oh it's there alright, as well as the Two burnt marks on the ground from where two if not three cars were torched. I'm not surprised as it's in the middle of no man's land at the moment.
    Give it a few months and it will be like the middle east, something like ongar, renters land.

Sorry to bring this up, but I was returning from the train station that night (april or may) when the .. plastic bollard was burning there, I've seen the kids who did this, but they are not from the area and tbh that place is going to get better when more houses are built around and it'll be more exposed to "normal" kids. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 misspola

There are still no planning applications for the area beside the Station road but once that area becomes a building site there won't be any places for those kids to hang out. I'm looking forward to seeing Hansfield completed but it will take another few years.

Advertisement