Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭k100

Anyone looking for an update on Beechwood, we got our snag done today, so the builders should be contacting you guys soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Gilo

k100 wrote: »
    Anyone looking for an update on Beechwood, we got our snag done today, so the builders should be contacting you guys soon enough.

HI K100, If you dont mind, what block is your house?

Gilo wrote: »
    HI K100, If you dont mind, what block is your house?

Block? pm'd

Sorry, I'd like to know if they are closing purchases in batches of completion and what range they are closing at this moment.

Sorry, I'd like to know if they are closing purchases in batches of completion and what range they are closing at this moment.

Snags and closing on homes are not done in batches, its on a ready by ready basis.
    I asked this with kellywalsh on the open day. Foreman said he would be sending out emails/phone calls soon enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

Phil.x wrote: »
    lunamia wrote: »
    You didn’t (couldn’t maybe) buy, but you’re always here keeping throwing s*it to this fantastic place.

By the way, we don’t need your news, even because the apartments belong to Hansfield Wood, not Barnwell, which even with all the social houses/apartment is always better than what you can afford.

You didn’t buy here, as you said, so have a life rather than loosing your time here with people that don’t appreciate your presence!

I never wanted a house there, that place was just wastelands, I bought my house 14 years.

So enjoy your bubble mortgage and two people working to pay for it.
    The bubbles are in your brain...

How to attach pictures here? I have nice pictures from beechwood but I couldnt find how to attach files

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BaaRamEwe

How to attach pictures here? I have nice pictures from beechwood but I couldnt find how to attach files

I think you need a minimum number of posts first.

BaaRamEwe wrote: »
    I think you need a minimum number of posts first.

You can always upload it to a image site, and share the links? unsure if you can share links if you have not met the post quota either

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

@Phil X and Lumamia - could ye cop on and leave out the personal jibes please, just stick to the topic at hand. Any further tomfoolery will result in sanction.

• Advertisement

Yes, I cannot send attachments, links or images because Iam new user....
    But if you copy and paste, removing the spaces it will work. Pictures from a drone of beechwood

http :// i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb432/gilsonbeckman/Beechwood/1OK20171107_162153103_iOS.jpg

http :// i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb432/gilsonbeckman/Beechwood/1OK20171107_162154617_iOS.jpg

http :// i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb432/gilsonbeckman/Beechwood/1OK20171107_162155434_iOS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LOLLD

Thanks for sharing the pictures Gilo. Good to be able to it compare to what is on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭alexf1

Anyone know if the builders have started back in Barnwell Grove to get the last lot of houses finished? I'm getting fed up of driving for an hour to see that there's no change to the site....

• Registered Users Posts: 22 harroll

alexf1 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the builders have started back in Barnwell Grove to get the last lot of houses finished? I'm getting fed up of driving for an hour to see that there's no change to the site....
    yeah the builders have been back in the grove the past week, good bit of work getting done now

For those interested in future developments in the area,
    Alanna homes has posted some renders of the Hansfield Station Quarter:
    http://alannahomes.ie/portfolio/hansfield-station-quarter/

Finally soon the area will be complete and we'll have some shops at doorsteps!

There's also a render of Barnhill (opposite side of train station to Barnwell), but really in the future...
    http://alannahomes.ie/portfolio/barnhill-dublin-15/

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crby

For those interested in future developments in the area,
    Alanna homes has posted some renders of the Hansfield Station Quarter:
    http://alannahomes.ie/portfolio/hansfield-station-quarter/

Finally soon the area will be complete and we'll have some shops at doorsteps!

There's also a render of Barnhill (opposite side of train station to Barnwell), but really in the future...
    http://alannahomes.ie/portfolio/barnhill-dublin-15/

looks great, be interesting to see it all when it's finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nlassai

I was told January 2018 for completion of my Ash house in Beechwood.  When is the time to choose kitchen/layout/finishes?
    I wanted to request positioning of extra sockets and extra light fittings, outdoor tap and outdoor socket.  
    For the box bedroom, I wanted to add some storage.  Thinking of a sliding wardrobe by cutting into bedroom 1 and taking some space from the bigger bedroom.

Did anyone get the attic floored and a stira folding attic stairs at build stage?  
    Does John O' Connor tile guy fit wooden floors.  The Agent said if we wanted floors in before we move in, we can only use John.

Anyone have a contact number for who I should engage with for these queries/jobs?
    Hi Nelly, 
    Have got any of your stuff done? We were told this "[font=arial, sans-serif]There is a no change policy on site. [/font]". And not allowing to choose options for kitchen in beechwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bose_m

Hi,
    has anyone received any update on possession dates on the beechwood properties launched late sept? I'm told the possession will start in March2018 but may take longer? How long did it take for previous properties to be built in the same area?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

How many houses have been released versus how many are planned in total for Beechwood?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FK100

Hi,
    Can I ask if anyone is having coverage issues with Vodafone in the area? I moved into a house in the last couple of days and coverage is poor. I'm wondering what is the best provider more so for the sim card needed in the dialler for the house alarm which will text my mobile if the alarm activates.
    Would anyone have any recommendations also for waste bin collection that service the area? Panda appear to be the most expensive in the long run; City Bins the best price but don't cover Hansfield at the moment and I'm coming up with Greyhound as my best option.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 nlassai

FK100 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can I ask if anyone is having coverage issues with Vodafone in the area? I moved into a house in the last couple of days and coverage is poor. I'm wondering what is the best provider more so for the sim card needed in the dialler for the house alarm which will text my mobile if the alarm activates.
    Would anyone have any recommendations also for waste bin collection that service the area? Panda appear to be the most expensive in the long run; City Bins the best price but don't cover Hansfield at the moment and I'm coming up with Greyhound as my best option.

Thanks
    Hi FK100
    You need one one these devices. But unfortunately they stopped selling them now.
    https ://
    n.vodafone.ie/support/mobile/sure-signal.html
    NOTE: It gives me a error if I post the straight link,  So I used Gilo's trick. Copy and paste, removing the spaces it will work. :)

Hi here we go with new pictures of 18/11/17, remember to copy and paste without space

http :// i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb432/gilsonbeckman/Beechwood/DJI_0025.jpg
    http :// i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb432/gilsonbeckman/Beechwood/DJI_0029.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nelly river

Builder said no. i can add extra sockets light points or plumbing at extra charge.

Builder said no. i can add extra sockets light points or plumbing at extra charge.

ditto but we could not do any additional modifications at all

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭breadmonster

FK100 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

is it just that better insulated houses dont have great coverage inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

userduluth wrote: »
    Already bought two units :eek: and now struggling with fitting them

Hi,

May i know, How did you manage the space for Dryer. We are planning to buy a dryer. We have same problem, not enough space!!

Thank You

Thomas16 wrote: »
    Hi,

May i know, How did you manage the space for Dryer. We are planning to buy a dryer. We have same problem, not enough space!!

Thank You

Hey Thomas, sell your washing machine and buy a wash-dryer.. quite easier at this point!
    I've heard anyway that the space was not enough for a dryer machine, something like 1 or 2 cm less.. really ashamed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ck0

is it just that better insulated houses dont have great coverage inside?

This is not because of insulation, houses are built from the cement, wood and plasterboard, all these materials don't have any impact to a radio waves on which mobile phones operates.
    It only can be that estate is quite new and there is not enough re-transmission antennas in the area and they get overloaded especially in the evening time. How is the reception during the night time?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ck0

Thomas16 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thank You
    Hey Thomas, sell your washing machine and buy a wash-dryer.. quite easier at this point!
    I've heard anyway that the space was not enough for a dryer machine, something like 1 or 2 cm less.. really ashamed!!

Guys what type of houses do you have? I am not moved in yet, but according to my earlier measurement utility is 140cm width (Sycamore type) and usually width of washing machine/dryer/dishwasher is around 60cm what should allow you to install both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

ck0 wrote: »
    Guys what type of houses do you have? I am not moved in yet, but according to my earlier measurement utility is 140cm width (Sycamore type) and usually width of washing machine/dryer/dishwasher is around 60cm what should allow you to install both.

Hi,

Sycamore house.

our utility room is smaller than the utility of the same showhouse. There is a plasterboard pillar obstructing the space for Dryer

Thank You

Advertisement