Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

ck0 wrote: »
    This is not because of insulation, houses are built from the cement, wood and plasterboard, all these materials don't have any impact to a radio waves on which mobile phones operates.
    It only can be that estate is quite new and there is not enough re-transmission antennas in the area and they get overloaded especially in the evening time. How is the reception during the night time?

That may be the reason.

I don't think, our houses are better insulated!!! :)

userduluth wrote: »
    Already bought two units :eek: and now struggling with fitting them

Can I ask, What is that plasterboard pillar using for? Is that empty inside? Is that pillar holding anything??

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭alexf1

Thomas16 wrote: »
    Can I ask, What is that plasterboard pillar using for? Is that empty inside? Is that pillar holding anything??

Thank You

The soil pipe from the bathroom will be inside the 'pillar'. It's not supporting anything. The plans for the house show space for a washing machine and dryer in the utility room so I'd be questioning why they don't fit. If the space is too small for the dryer by only tiny amount it's possible that the plaster board could be moved tighter the the pipe inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ck0

Guys,

I tried to book a valuer visit for house evaluation but when I spoke to one of the approved AIB valuers agency they told I have to contact AIB Home Valuers dept. directly to arrange this, valuers from the approved AIB list can evaluate only second-hand houses. For new builds only bank is authorized to arrange evaluation.

Someone had the same story with AIB? If so how long did you wait until AIB give you a call back (they have a voicemail system for living inquiries)? Is it the same story with all the banks?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mick2311

Guys,

I tried to book a valuer visit for house evaluation but when I spoke to one of the approved AIB valuers agency they told I have to contact AIB Home Valuers dept. directly to arrange this, valuers from the approved can evaluate only second-hand houses. For new builds only bank is authorized to arrange evaluation.

Someone had the same story with AIB? If so how long did you wait until AIB give you a call back (they have a voicemail system for living inquiries)? Is it the same story with all the banks?

Is it the 1890 number, I would keep ringing until you get through its not a call back just when the line is busy it goes to voice mail. From paying them it takes the valuer 2/3 days to get out to site. Then takes another week/week and a half to get this report back in.

• Advertisement

mick2311 wrote: »
    Is it the 1890 number, I would keep ringing until you get through its not a call back just when the line is busy it goes to voice mail. From paying them it takes the valuer 2/3 days to get out to site. Then takes another week/week and a half to get this report back in.

Yes it's 1890 number. Thank you for your prompt answer and suggestion to keep ringing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Gilo

Hi Guys,
    The new photos that I took last Saturday 02/12/17, copy and paste the links bellow and remember to remove the spaces
    http:// i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb432/gilsonbeckman/Beechwood/DJI_0002.jpg
    http:// i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb432/gilsonbeckman/Beechwood/DJI_0009.jpg
    http:// i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb432/gilsonbeckman/Beechwood/DJI_0022.jpg
    http:// i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb432/gilsonbeckman/Beechwood/DJI_0023.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45 TRANSYL

Anyone have any updates on houses in beechwood gate? Has anyone any idea of first move in dates etc. Thanks

TRANSYL wrote: »
    Anyone have any updates on houses in beechwood gate? Has anyone any idea of first move in dates etc. Thanks

We just did a snagging this week - builders are telling that they are aiming to finish some houses before the Christmas. This is, however, upon request - they are asking people who is willing to move before Christmas and who is willing to move after Christmas, and prioritize houses accordingly. We will see... :rolleyes:

Maybe somebody have already completed snags, have all paperwork done and are awaiting when builder will provide a key?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

We just did a snagging this week - builders are telling that they are aiming to finish some houses before the Christmas. This is, however, upon request - they are asking people who is willing to move before Christmas and who is willing to move after Christmas, and prioritize houses accordingly. We will see... :rolleyes:

Maybe somebody have already completed snags, have all paperwork done and are awaiting when builder will provide a key?

as per my experience only people who can give you a specific date to move in is the builder solicitor, its not depended on when you complete your snagging...

• Advertisement

as per my experience only people who can give you a specific date to move in is the builder solicitor, its not depended on when you complete your snagging...

Of course not! Snagging is not a final stage and is not an indicator of closing date at all, it's just an indicator of building completion, but 1) house still may not have all required certs, 2) legally house is not your yet, 3) estate still may not be ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭k100

TRANSYL wrote: »

We finished and signed off our snag a week and a bit ago. Received a house manual and climate control information.
    We were waiting on electricity to be turned on before the house was "complete". now from the looks of it a lot of houses have electricity now, (today and yesterday was on site to get tiler and floor quotes.)

We are just waiting for the building developers solicitors to issue a completion notice for our solicitor to get to work. Apparently it takes up to 10 working days after receiving the notice. Moving in before Christmas and having floors/tiles in looks very slim and if your waiting on your appliances via 2k power city voucher.

Anyone wanna chime in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bose_m

Gilo wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    The new photos that I took last Saturday 02/12/17, copy and paste the links bellow and remember to remove the spaces
    http:// i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb432/gilsonbeckman/Beechwood/DJI_0002.jpg
    http:// i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb432/gilsonbeckman/Beechwood/DJI_0009.jpg
    http:// i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb432/gilsonbeckman/Beechwood/DJI_0022.jpg
    http:// i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb432/gilsonbeckman/Beechwood/DJI_0023.jpg

Awesome job Gilo..thanks for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Gilo

Anyone know about Broadband and TV coverage in beechwood gate? What providers will be available for us?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Buying in Beechwood Gate. House is due for completion in Feb we have been told! Anyone have any tips for making things easier in the house? Have an oak type.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Araho16d

k100 wrote: »
    We finished and signed off our snag a week and a bit ago. Received a house manual and climate control information.
    We were waiting on electricity to be turned on before the house was "complete". now from the looks of it a lot of houses have electricity now, (today and yesterday was on site to get tiler and floor quotes.)

We are just waiting for the building developers solicitors to issue a completion notice for our solicitor to get to work. Apparently it takes up to 10 working days after receiving the notice. Moving in before Christmas and having floors/tiles in looks very slim and if your waiting on your appliances via 2k power city voucher.

Anyone wanna chime in?

Hi,

We are in the same position, snag signed off 2 weeks ago. Eversheds are not very forthcoming
    in giving a timeline for the final paper work. It will be difficult to get any tradesmen or any deliveries in the next week before Christmas so the urgency to sign off will be pointless.

I can't fault the builders, they've done everything they can to get to this point.

Have you had any date from Eversheds?

Araho16d wrote: »
    Hi,

We are in the same position, snag signed off 2 weeks ago. Eversheds are not very forthcoming
    in giving a timeline for the final paper work. It will be difficult to get any tradesmen or any deliveries in the next week before Christmas so the urgency to sign off will be pointless.

I can't fault the builders, they've done everything they can to get to this point.

Have you had any date from Eversheds?

Hi Good to know I am not the only one, neighbor.

I was bugging my Solicitor about it, and they said they were onto Eversheds.
    "They are aiming to close before Christmas, but no commitments to this"

The Builders are A+ in getting their part done,
    Very pointless indeed if we close on a Friday before Christmas the house is left renovated till January. Very frustrating, the cut off date for our solicitor is the 20th for them to finish our side of the paper work to close on the 22nd, as they are off from 23nd to 2nd Jan.

But Personally I rather have the keys on 22nd then wait till the new year.

At least you'll get to buy your kitchen appliances in the January sales! Maybe you'll get a good deal on flooring as well. When is the Beechwood estate opening? It was all still fenced off last time I drove by. Anyone living there yet?

alexf1 wrote: »
    At least you'll get to buy your kitchen appliances in the January sales! Maybe you'll get a good deal on flooring as well. When is the Beechwood estate opening? It was all still fenced off last time I drove by. Anyone living there yet?

I already bought tiles and floors in anticipation of closing next week :(

No one lives there currently. I would imagine the fence moving further back when some of us occupy some of the estate.

Gilo wrote: »
    Anyone know about Broadband and TV coverage in beechwood gate? What providers will be available for us?
    Thanks

According to service boxes outside the house - there are separate box for Virgin Media and separate box for Eir, so I presume they both will be available in all houses.

• Advertisement

It is already opened since yesterday. Builders removed the fence.

It is already opened since yesterday. Builders removed the fence.

I drove past it last night and saw it opened :D I drove in to take a peak

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭technogeek

Does anyone know if Sky Q compatible wall points can be installed by the electrician alongside the Virgin ones? Would really like no to drill holes in a new house. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

SkyQ is almost a wireless system.
    The only connection is between your main box and the dish. Your other TV / TV's simply connect to a Mini box which received the signal via wifi, so no need for any wall outlets.

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    SkyQ is almost a wireless system.
    The only connection is between your main box and the dish. Your other TV / TV's simply connect to a Mini box which received their signal via wifi, so no need for any wall outlets.

Thanks Pat. I was thinking it would be great to get the cables from the dish to the main box into a socket on the wall.

You can buy kitchen appliances from Power City at any time & then pay some advance. They will hold delivery for whenever you want.
    By the time, If you found further price discount for the appliance/s you bought before delivery, you can ask, they will apply that discount on your bill.
    Also, you can bargain for free delivery.. very flexible...

Hi,

Can I ask, Has anybody got BER rating certificate from the builder?
    Are we entitled to get this from the builder?

You can buy kitchen appliances from Power City at any time & then pay some advance. They will hold delivery for whenever you want.
    By the time, If you found further price discount for the appliance/s you bought before delivery, you can ask, they will apply that discount on your bill.

That's nice to know Thomas. I'll try that next month. Hopefully they have a nice sale on some of the appliances I want!

That's very valuable info, thanks!

Does anyone know if you can get custom finishes ( like solid wood doors instead of painted) on the kitchen furniture and wardrobes? Of course, presuming that you pay supplier the extra cost.

Thanks

• Advertisement

technogeek wrote: »
    That's very valuable info, thanks!

Does anyone know if you can get custom finishes ( like solid wood doors instead of painted) on the kitchen furniture and wardrobes? Of course, presuming that you pay supplier the extra cost.

Thanks

Are you buying in Beechwood or Barnwell? We were able to choose different colours for the kitchen doors and worktop and swap a few things around, wasn't too expensive. Someone said earlier that you can't make changes to anything in Beechwood but it's worth talking to the kitchen supplier asap.

Advertisement