Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭technogeek

alexf1 wrote: »
    Are you buying in Beechwood or Barnwell? We were able to choose different colours for the kitchen doors and worktop and swap a few things around, wasn't too expensive. Someone said earlier that you can't make changes to anything in Beechwood but it's worth talking to the kitchen supplier asap.

Thanks. I'm buying in Beechwood. Will try to talk with the supplier directly. Would you have a contact name/number by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭alexf1

http://bespace.ie/ for the kitchen

http://www.mccaulkitchens.ie/ for the wardrobes

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ck0

We got our Statement of completion from Eversheds today. There is a breakdown of deposits and outstanding balance etc. And there is also a Service Charges of 224euro - does anybody know for what is this one? I was expecting to pay only to my Solicitor, why Eversheds is requesting an additional payment of 224euro for some mysterious "Service charge" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BaaRamEwe

ck0 wrote: »
    We got our Statement of completion from Eversheds today. There is a breakdown of deposits and outstanding balance etc. And there is also a Service Charges of 224euro - does anybody know for what is this one? I was expecting to pay only to my Solicitor, why Eversheds is requesting an additional payment of 224euro for some mysterious "Service charge" ?

Based on what we paid, sounds like the fee for the management company.

Yes that's the management fee. Everyone has to pay it. Your solicitor should have clued you in to it and put it on your list of fees to pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭k100

ck0 wrote: »

That is the management companys fee for the year, I also had this question, my solicitor didn't really explain it until I asked about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Collyb101

k100 wrote: »
    That is the management companys fee for the year, I also had this question, my solicitor didn't really explain it until I asked about it.

Yes, you have to pay the first years management fee through your solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Anybody in to Beechwood Gate yet? Took a drive in the other day and saw lights in houses! House hopefully due for completion in Feb so just wondering did people get in on time or were there delays?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 TRANSYL

we were told March/April for our house in Beechwood Gate, we expected later with delays etc but things seem to be moving pretty quick.

TRANSYL wrote: »
    we were told March/April for our house in Beechwood Gate, we expected later with delays etc but things seem to be moving pretty quick.

Yes we were told Feb/March but they seem to be flying through. So obviously the no changes rule is paying off in the time regard!

• Advertisement

sorry whats the no change rule?

sorry whats the no change rule?

No changes are allowed to the house aka kitchens etc so they aren’t waiting on people to make decisions so it isn’t holding up fitting

oh sorry yeah i knew that... thought there was something else we were missing.

Does anyone have any idea of the prices in the next phase?

oh sorry yeah i knew that... thought there was something else we were missing.

Does anyone have any idea of the prices in the next phase?

Price list normally comes out on the Wednesday before launch. I wonder if they'll go up by much as the prices have gone up in every other launch so far but they are getting very very expensive now...

I seen someone mention the sale in Power City... does anyone know if it is possible to go in and hold off items on sale price until the house is ready and we receive vouchers?
    Does anyone know if it is possible to do the same thing with flooring/tiles etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭k100

I seen someone mention the sale in Power City... does anyone know if it is possible to go in and hold off items on sale price until the house is ready and we receive vouchers?
    Does anyone know if it is possible to do the same thing with flooring/tiles etc?

Power City yes it is possible. I did this on Stephens day. paid €22 to hold everything and will be delivered when I get the keys.
    Apparently you can deposit min of €10 to hold the items. (I thought they were joking when i pay a deposit of that amount, for an amount of ~€2.5k)

Tiles and Floors you also can, just ask the stores.

You will need to clear the balance before delivery tho.

Brilliant thanks i assume you had all measurements of washing machine spaces etc? typical... the only thing i didn't take measurements of

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

Brilliant thanks i assume you had all measurements of washing machine spaces etc? typical... the only thing i didn't take measurements of

washing machines are one size

Hi,

Does washer dryer (combo) make more wrinkles in dresses than Dryer?

Thank You

Can anybody give me a rough cost of what the bathroom tiling cost? And the cost of shower doors? For the en suite and the main bathroom? We are due to be moving into an oak type house. Just trying to work out money.

Also a rough idea of flooring costs for the rest of the house? Many thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 BaaRamEwe

Thomas16 wrote: »
    washing machines are one size

There can be differences in sizes. We deliberately went for 595mm instead of 600mm in both machines to make sure we could fit them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Prices in next phase definitely likely to go up. Googled an article where the 4 bed detached was 340 at one stage. Same one at the front actually went for 450 in the last phase.

What a house that would have been for 340.

Nevertheless, no doubt the buyer has done well. Lovely houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Araho16d

Just a note to everyone moving in the next phase, when signing off the kitchen snag, make sure the electrical cable can reach the hob if you're getting ceramic or induction. Something we missed and took longer to fit kitchen this week as a result of fitter not having that part with him.

Nerd Queen wrote: »
    Can anybody give me a rough cost of what the bathroom tiling cost? And the cost of shower doors? For the en suite and the main bathroom? We are due to be moving into an oak type house. Just trying to work out money.

Also a rough idea of flooring costs for the rest of the house? Many thanks in advance.

Check out shower doors online ireland as they are based in dunshaughlin and are really good guys. The fitter they recommended was top notch too.

Does anyone know what providers there are for waste collection in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Araho16d wrote: »
    Does anyone know what providers there are for waste collection in the area?

we use Panda who come every Monday.

Hi,

Very cold inside the house, first winter.
    Is this common for new houses?
    OR not insulated properly?

Thank You
    Shine

What temperature is your heating set to? It should be able to heat the house to whatever you want and it's separate for upstairs and downstairs.

alexf1 wrote: »
    What temperature is your heating set to? It should be able to heat the house to whatever you want and it's separate for upstairs and downstairs.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply...

Set temp to 20 degrees.
    Once reached 20 degrees, the temp would be reached to 18 degrees within around 2 hours!!!

What should be the temp set to?

• Advertisement

Thomas16 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply...

Set temp to 20 degrees.
    Once reached 20 degrees, the temp would be reached to 18 degrees within around 2 hours!!!

What should be the temp set to?

Something is wrong. I'd call the plumber.

Advertisement