Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭technogeek

alexf1 wrote: »
    Something is wrong. I'd call the plumber.
    Unless it's 0C inside the house, you should have 20C within 10 minutes or so of turning the heating on.

Did anyone manage to get any modifications to the kitchen furniture from Bespace, i.e. wood finish instead of painted?
    What are the colour options offered by the builder?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

technogeek wrote: »
    Unless it's 0C inside the house, you should have 20C within 10 minutes or so of turning the heating on.

In my case, If it is 18C as the room temperature, it will take an hour to reached 20C

Something is wrong. I'd call the plumber.

Sorry, I meant room temperature will go down to 18 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭alexf1

If you turn the heating boiler off your house will cool down. 2 degrees loss in two hours is AMAZING. My old house would lose 2 degrees in 5 minutes. Anyway, the boiler is an efficient one. Just let the time switch and thermostat keep the house at 20 degrees itself at whatever times you're home. It won't cost much. ie if you're home at 5pm and go to bed at 11pm just have the heating on the whole time. Don't turn it off. It'll click in and out to keep the house at 20 degrees.

• Advertisement

Thomas16 wrote: »
    Sorry, I meant room temperature will go down to 18 degrees
    Ah, you meant it will go down from 20 to 18 within 2 hours?

Ah, you meant it will go down from 20 to 18 within 2 hours?

Yes, I tried to convey that the new house's heating loss is high as expected :)

Actually, I'm worried about the insulation of the walls for the house
    Inside of the walls always cold!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 TRANSYL

Anyone any recomendations for carpet? Also just wondering have ppl found much in the difference between the tiler provided or going elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Did anyone manage to get any modifications to the kitchen furniture from Bespace, i.e. wood finish instead of painted?
    What are the colour options offered by the builder?
    Thanks.

No options. No modifications. Everything as per showhouse. Got quoted €150 to cut 10 extra cm for the hob. And thats after you get the keys!

Nerd Queen wrote: »
    No options. No modifications. Everything as per showhouse. Got quoted €150 to cut 10 extra cm for the hob. And thats after you get the keys!

Why 150 for just cutting 10cm around? Is this needs any other adjustment for cubboards? This is too much i think. Ask to the guy who doing your own wood flooring for this. You will get it to be done even free!

• Advertisement

Why 150 for just cutting 10cm around? Is this needs any other adjustment for cubboards? This is too much i think. Ask to the guy who doing your own wood flooring for this. You will get it to be done even free!

Oh don't worry i'm not paying it. We'll easily get someone to do it. I just think asking for that much money for such a minor change and for it to be done after the keys is crazy stuff.

I'm eagerly awaiting an update on my completion date hopefully I'll hear back today!

Thanks. That's quite disappointing in fairness. Showhouses had white kitchen with white countertops and grey with wood countertops. Can you at least choose between the two finishes?
    Is the countertop granite or just MDF?

Yes, I tried to convey that the new house's heating loss is high as expected :)

Actually, I'm worried about the insulation of the walls for the house
    Inside of the walls always cold!!!

I was told there is no sound or thermal insulation between floors or walls. It's stupid not to have it between floors when you have the house zoned.

How is it in terms of sound ? Do you hear everything from upstairs/next room?

Thanks

I was told there is no sound or thermal insulation between floors or walls. It's stupid not to have it between floors when you have the house zoned.

How is it in terms of sound ? Do you hear everything from upstairs/next room?

Thanks

Thats true. We can hear every sound from upstairs/next room even snoring :). But no sound from next door.

But, what about outside wall? Was you told no insulation for outside walls??

Thats true. We can hear every sound from upstairs/next room even snoring :). But no sound from next door.

Well, the brick walls are double walls with insulation in between, it's the building regulations, that's why it's BER A3.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭k100

Hi everyone in beechwood, just to let everyone know moving in and getting contractors in to be careful and lock your doors I've had a fella lad in a blue polo 2000, I didn't get the reg sneaking around opening vans and house doors trying to lift valuables.

Also yesterday a gang of 10 lads in bikes hanging around at the roundabout and entrance

Is the kitchen top stone/granite? That may explain the ridiculous price. Was thinking to get the rectangular job too if it fits.

Is the kitchen top stone/granite? That may explain the ridiculous price. Was thinking to get the rectangular job too if it fits.

I’m not sure what material it is! We just knew we wanted to put in a 5 ring hob. Has anyone put in a gas hob? How much did it cost to do?

I’m not sure what material it is! We just knew we wanted to put in a 5 ring hob. Has anyone put in a gas hob? How much did it cost to do?

Can anyone that moved in help to clarify what material the is kitchen top made of? Thanks

They're not granite. It's wood of some sort.

It's a real shame that you can't make any alterations to anything for Beechwood, but I'm sure the builder is under pressure to get them finished and changes add to delays.

• Advertisement

That's really annoying. What are the floors like upstairs? Are they long floor boards or rectangular sheets of plywood?

They're not granite. It's wood of some sort.

It's a real shame that you can't make any alterations to anything for Beechwood, but I'm sure the builder is under pressure to get them finished and changes add to delays.

It's probably laminated MDF board. At least it is easy to cut,lol.
    Was speaking with Bespace yesterday and they said Barnwell was allowed to make any changes they wanted and most people did make changes. Probably that lead to delays and the builder got fed up.
    We should start a union to force the builder to be more flexible.

That's really annoying. What are the floors like upstairs? Are they long floor boards or rectangular sheets of plywood?

The only option I see is to inject foam in the walls when moving in. Hopefully the floor boards can be removed easily to fill the cavity with insulation.
    Developer told me the houses were tested and comply with the current regulations... also no external contractor is allowed on site to install insulation during build. Same answer with regards underfloor heating.

It's probably laminated MDF board. At least it is easy to cut,lol.
    Was speaking with Bespace yesterday and they said Barnwell was allowed to make any changes they wanted and most people did make changes. Probably that lead to delays and the builder got fed up.
    We should start a union to force the builder to be more flexible.

Yes, it is laminated MDF.

I'm in Barnwell. We had 3 finish/color choices for the top/cupboards with no cost. Could have select any style/granite with extra cost (but expensive). The contractor was Kitchen Elegance, not bespace.

The only option I see is to inject foam in the walls when moving in. Hopefully the floor boards can be removed easily to fill the cavity with insulation.
    Developer told me the houses were tested and comply with the current regulations... also no external contractor is allowed on site to install insulation during build. Same answer with regards underfloor heating.

I think it is long plasterboard. Anyway, you need to cut this to fill insulation. water pipes going through some places. we can hear toilet flushing sound etc, from downstairs.

But, I don't think, it's a big deal to hear sounds from upstairs to downstairs!

Thank You

Yes, it is laminated MDF.

I'm in Barnwell. We had 3 finish/color choices for the top/cupboards with no cost. Could have select any style/granite with extra cost (but expensive). The contractor was Kitchen Elegance, not bespace.
    Thanks. In Beechwood we have no choice at all, not even a different colour. Bespace is the new name for Kitchen Elegance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nelly river

Has Anyone in Beechwood had extra plumbing done? The contractor given to me by foreman doesn't reply to voice mails so I gave up ringing the number 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭k100

Does anyone have a live temperature reading from the water zone from the climote ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BaaRamEwe

Has Anyone in Beechwood had extra plumbing done? The contractor given to me by foreman doesn't reply to voice mails so I gave up ringing the number ��

We tried calling and emailing him but never got any response so just gave up as well. We'll get the extra plumbing done by someone else at some point in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 nlassai

Those who already moved-in, could you share recommended snag list/person ? Thanks.

Advertisement