Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Araho16d

k100 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a live temperature reading from the water zone from the climote ?

Hi, I noticed this at the weekend. It doesn't seem to read it for the water

Has Anyone in Beechwood had extra plumbing done? The contractor given to me by foreman doesn't reply to voice mails so I gave up ringing the number 😢

Hi,

The plumbing contractor is useless, I got through but fobs you off and says everything is already put in and he'll say he can do it for a ridiculous price when moved in

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭alexf1

Araho16d wrote: »
    Hi, I noticed this at the weekend. It doesn't seem to read it for the water

Normally the hot water is heated to the temp that the boiler is set to, probably 70 degrees. It's important it gets this hot to stop bacteria growing. When the boiler is heating the water it just keeps going until the 7 water is at 70 degrees and shuts itself off. If you're using the water in a shower or something then the boiler will be going full blast to heat the cylinder up if the hot water is programmed on. If you want hot water at a certain time then just have the boiler timed on. If the water is hot you won't use any gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭technogeek

alexf1 wrote: »
    Normally the hot water is heated to the temp that the boiler is set to, probably 70 degrees. It's important it gets this hot to stop bacteria growing. When the boiler is heating the water it just keeps going until the 7 water is at 70 degrees and shuts itself off. If you're using the water in a shower or something then the boiler will be going full blast to heat the cylinder up if the hot water is programmed on. If you want hot water at a certain time then just have the boiler timed on. If the water is hot you won't use any gas!

I think the Alpha 28 boiler we are getting is a combination boiler which means it should only heat the water on demand, when the tap is turned on. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Araho16d wrote: »
    Hi,

The plumbing contractor is useless, I got through but fobs you off and says everything is already put in and he'll say he can do it for a ridiculous price when moved in

I'm having no luck getting through. Does anyone have a mobile phone number? He's not answering the landline.

• Advertisement

technogeek wrote: »
    I think the Alpha 28 boiler we are getting is a combination boiler which means it should only heat the water on demand, when the tap is turned on. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It should be a condensing gas boiler. Alpha Intec 20se is what was in the showhouse I looked at. No way in hell I'd have a combi boiler. I'd get on to the foreman to check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭k100

It should be a condensing gas boiler. Alpha Intec 20se is what was in the showhouse I looked at. No way in hell I'd have a combi boiler. I'd get on to the foreman to check that out.

The spec sheet seems to say it is both a combi and condensing

https://www.alpha-innovation.co.uk/custom/upload/pdf/ERP/EvokeERP.pdf

The spec sheet seems to say it is both a combi and condensing

https://www.alpha-innovation.co.uk/custom/upload/pdf/ERP/EvokeERP.pdf

It's an Alpha Evoke 28, I took a picture of it. Hot water tank in the press is small... like for combi.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

We have Alpha Intec boiler, can set only up to 65 degree for the tap water.
    It's making a loud noise when it turned off each time.

• Advertisement

Thomas16 wrote: »
    We have Alpha Intec boiler, can set only up to 65 degree for the tap water.
    It's making a loud noise when it turned off each time.
    Attached is what the show houses in Beechwood have. Is this what you have in Barnwell?

It's an Alpha Evoke 28, I took a picture of it. Hot water tank in the press is small... like for combi.

doing some research and looking at the diagram

https://www.worcester-bosch.ie/products/boilers/explained

combi boilers don't need a hot water tank no? ( I have no clue about any of this )

doing some research and looking at the diagram

https://www.worcester-bosch.ie/products/boilers/explained

combi boilers don't need a hot water tank no? ( I have no clue about any of this )
    Correct, there is only a smaller immersion tank as a backup. Best of all, they don't need a big thank in the attic

I'm having no luck getting through. Does anyone have a mobile phone number? He's not answering the landline.

087 828 6185

Just say you got it off his website as that is where I found it

Correct, there is only a smaller immersion tank as a backup. Best of all, they don't need a big thank in the attic

no big tank but we still have a tank in the attic, I was up there yesterday, asked an electrician to add a light up there, didn't realize there is already a light up there. so i just added an extra light at the end of the attic.

no big tank but we still have a tank in the attic, I was up there yesterday, asked an electrician to add a light up there, didn't realize there is already a light up there. so i just added an extra light at the end of the attic.
    Is this in Beechwood or Barnwell?

Is this in Beechwood or Barnwell?

Beechwood

Beechwood

Plumbing contractor confirmed that the boiler is not installed as combi because that needs to be a pressurised system. Another let down.
    Also confirmed that the boilers being installed as of now are Vokera which comes with 5 years warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Plumbing contractor confirmed that the boiler is not installed as combi because that needs to be a pressurised system. Another let down.
    Also confirmed that the boilers being installed as of now are Vokera which comes with 5 years warranty.

Vokera not a bad brand, if you get it serviced every 12/18 months it'll give you years of good service. Their only weaknest is that the PC Board can give up the ghost and costs about €165.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 misspola

Hi. Can you please tell me what the colour of wardrobes in Beachwood is? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ck0

Hi all,

Did anyone have any problems with installing fridge-freezer in Beechwood/Barnwell? We bought one from powercity (70/30) and it appeared that fitted doors have a mismatch with fridge-freezer doors of about 5cm - the furniture door for the the fridge is shorter than the fridge's door, and furniture door for the freezer is higher than the fridge door, so when opening fridge door freezers door is being opened as well. What a mess!!!

misspola wrote: »
    Hi. Can you please tell me what the colour of wardrobes in Beachwood is? Thanks.

Supplier told me the carcase is medium oak colour (laminated) and doors are white.

ck0 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Did anyone have any problems with installing fridge-freezer in Beechwood/Barnwell? We bought one from powercity (70/30) and it appeared that fitted doors have a mismatch with fridge-freezer doors of about 5cm - the furniture door for the the fridge is shorter than the fridge's door, and furniture door for the freezer is higher than the fridge door, so when opening fridge door freezers door is being opened as well. What a mess!!!

Sounds like you need to raise the fridge up a bit so, although 5cm sounds like a lot. Are there adjustable feet under it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Saranac3

Does anyone know the prices for the new launch of Beechwood on January 27th/28th?

Saranac3 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the prices for the new launch of Beechwood on January 27th/28th?

They're not out yet. On last launch prices came out only during that week, Wednesday I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 captaincool

Hey All,

For the last launch at beechwood, what was the queue like before hand? When did it start? What can I expect?

I intend on getting a booking deposit paid this launch, but really dont want to be out all night in a queue, but also don't want to miss out on a house in this launch either.

thanks in advance for any advice in this regard!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 TRANSYL

Hey All,

For the last launch at beechwood, what was the queue like before hand? When did it start? What can I expect?

I intend on getting a booking deposit paid this launch, but really dont want to be out all night in a queue, but also don't want to miss out on a house in this launch either.

thanks in advance for any advice in this regard!

I would recomend queing the day before pre launch (Friday so que thur) that is when the que started for the last launch but they did hand out tickets after a few houra to save ppl staying overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BaaRamEwe

The first person last time started queuing on the Thursday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Do people actually need to queue to try guarantee a booking ? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 captaincool

unfortunately so. Trying to predict the queue is a tough ask, but I've received some good advice, so thanks all!

I'm going to await the official price list and then decide how much I want a place, then queue accordingly.

Advertisement