Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 misspola

They are now also building houses beside Barnwell. I think it will be called Barnwell Woods. It's the same developer. If you look at Fingal coco website you can find plans. I think it should be a nice area but as house prices keep going up every release they will probably be higher than Beechwood.
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ck0

alexf1 wrote: »
    Sounds like you need to raise the fridge up a bit so, although 5cm sounds like a lot. Are there adjustable feet under it?

Thanks. It appeared our 70/30 fridge-freezer has non-standard doors (Bosch). But guys from BeSpace helped us by supplying a narrow shelf and putting it under the the fridge in order to lift it. Upper shelf, however, was removed and they promised they will provide a new one. Good support

Have anyone installed wooden attic ladder? We have a type Sycamore house. Ladder fitter visited us last week and told it cannot be installed wooden ladder because loft door with frame would require two joists to be cut - they can't do that, they can cut only one joist and because of that only simple aluminium ladder can be installed.
    I am about to call other companies and ask if they can do something, but maybe somebody had any similar experience and can share any details how to install proper ladder and whom to contact?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭technogeek

misspola wrote: »
    They are now also building houses beside Barnwell. I think it will be called Barnwell Woods. It's the same developer. If you look at Fingal coco website you can find plans. I think it should be a nice area but as house prices keep going up every release they will probably be higher than Beechwood.
    Good luck!

Prices in The Park, next to Barnwell, started at 320k for 3 beds end of September. New launch this weekend with prices starting at 330k...10 k in 3 months. Houses are not as nice as Beechwood and no appliances in the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭k100

ck0 wrote: »
    Have anyone installed wooden attic ladder? We have a type Sycamore house. Ladder fitter visited us last week and told it cannot be installed wooden ladder because loft door with frame would require two joists to be cut - they can't do that, they can cut only one joist and because of that only simple aluminium ladder can be installed.
    I am about to call other companies and ask if they can do something, but maybe somebody had any similar experience and can share any details how to install proper ladder and whom to contact?

Thanks.

Hi I am looking into also installing a attic wooden ladder which company did you get for a quote? I am also a Sycamore house.
    Currently looking at these guys, http://theatticstairs.ie/ i still gotta ring them and get them out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 mick2311

technogeek wrote: »
    Prices in The Park, next to Barnwell, started at 320k for 3 beds end of September. New launch this weekend with prices starting at 330k...10 k in 3 months. Houses are not as nice as Beechwood and no appliances in the price.

Is the difference here between terrace and semi detached?

Good luck!

Where abouts is this been built is beside the train station or do you have the planning application?

mick2311 wrote: »
    Where abouts is this been built is beside the train station or do you have the planning application?

It's a triangle between Station Road/Ongar Road and The Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭alexf1

The next Barnwell phase is to the East of the original Barnwell estate near the roundabout. I think there's about 70 houses going in. They've probably got 10 or 15 houses under construction right now.

k100 wrote: »
    Hi I am looking into also installing a attic wooden ladder which company did you get for a quote? I am also a Sycamore house.
    Currently looking at these guys, http://theatticstairs.ie/ i still gotta ring them and get them out

I dealt with LSB Marketing. Please keep me informed once you hear any good news from somewhere else. I will try to find myself as well and will share my experience

• Advertisement

The next Barnwell phase is to the East of the original Barnwell estate near the roundabout. I think there's about 70 houses going in. They've probably got 10 or 15 houses under construction right now.

The barnwell roundabout? You seem to be talking about beechwood the post I replied to talked about a phase after beechwood called barnwell woods

The barnwell roundabout? You seem to be talking about beechwood the post I replied to talked about a phase after beechwood called barnwell woods

Sorry no, I meant the roundabout to the East of the Beechwood roundabout where the front entrance to Barnwell is.

I am going to order attic ladder for 480euro from Stira including fitting. They have a discount of 50euro if you order before 31 January, however because of non standard distance between joists it may cost additional 57euro which will end up at approx 490euro. They seems to be confirmed they will have such non-standard loft door, this is tbc on theirs arrival though.

Anyone had any experience with Stira? Are they good for such price?

Is the difference here between terrace and semi detached?

There are only semi detached in The Park.

There are only semi detached in The Park.

The launch in September had terrace houses.

The launch in September had terrace houses.

Sorry, you're right, see attached. I had a price list. Either the price of semi d decreased or the mid terrace increased now.

Sorry, you're right, see attached. I had a price list. Either the price of semi d decreased or the mid terrace increased now.

I'd say it could be end of terrace. Does make much sense at 325 price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Out of curiousity any prices for the new launch?

Nerd Queen wrote: »
    Out of curiousity any prices for the new launch?

3 bed from 305
    4 bed from 370

Anybody there now have the details on what was being sold and what the prices were? And was there much of a queue?

• Advertisement

3 bed from 305
    4 bed from 370

3 bed from 305 or 2 bed?

3 bed from 305 or 2 bed?

3 bed

3 bed from 305 or 2 bed?

Thanks. So no change in price since last launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Anyone have the full pricelist broken down like it was for the last launch? Just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nlassai

Latest Price list for Beechwood

nlassai wrote: »

They're pretty much the same prices as last time. Do you know what house numbers were being sold today? Were you there to buy one yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 captaincool

nlassai wrote: »

They're pretty much the same prices as last time. Do you know what house numbers were being sold today? Were you there to buy one yourself?
    hey alex, 

I was there, the entire strip from 50 to 59 were up for grabs, as well as 44- 48 excluding the oak house types on that row. There were a handful of others dotted around estate that were on sale too, but cant remember exact numbers. 
    I've managed to get myself booked for one of the ash types. Queue was fairly big with early arrivers getting first pick.
     For some reason the estate agents were quoting me higher prices (410k for an ash) on the phone this week, but on arrival today found that pricing was as the same as the last (390k)

hey alex, 

I was there, the entire strip from 50 to 59 were up for grabs, as well as 44- 48 excluding the oak house types on that row. There were a handful of others dotted around estate that were on sale too, but cant remember exact numbers. 
    I've managed to get myself booked for one of the ash types. Queue was fairly big with early arrivers getting first pick.
     For some reason the estate agents were quoting me higher prices (410k for an ash) on the phone this week, but on arrival today found that pricing was as the same as the last (390k)

A 20k saving sounds like a win! Congrats.

A 12.5k increase on the terraced sycamore though

• Advertisement

A 12.5k increase on the terraced sycamore though

Actually, few other types went up in price since Sept, see attached.

Advertisement