Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭technogeek

Question for neighbours who bought in Beechwood in September ...was anyone told their completion date is delayed? We were told April back then but when I asked the sales guys today and they said June!!
    BTW, 2 houses were still available today, 4 bed Alder and the 2 bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

technogeek wrote: »
    Question for neighbours who bought in Beechwood in September ...was anyone told their completion date is delayed? We were told April back then but when I asked the sales guys today and they said June!!
    BTW, 2 houses were still available today, 4 bed Alder and the 2 bed.

Yes we were told dec/jan back then and yesterday foreman told me mid-end March. Now last week sales guys told me end feb start march.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ck0

Quick question for those who already moved in - how is the pressure like in main bathroom's shower? It gets pressure by gravity (not by pump like in en-suite). Shower in our bathroom very inefficient and time consuming. I sent an e-mail to plumber who was responsible but no answer yet. Interesting if this is only for us or it's the same in all houses in Beechwood Gate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

ck0 wrote: »
    I sent an e-mail to plumber who was responsible but no answer yet.

And this is a surprise to you?

You are dealing with Tradesmen, their skills in customer service are let us say "limited". They only understand one way and that is the "direct approach". Go on site and haunt them until its right!

Don't accept anything less than what you require or expect!
    Don't be fobbed off!
    Afterall you will have to live with the conciquences of their less than adequate workmanship for as long as you live in your new home!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

^^^^^^^

I'd second this. Their sense of concern is never going to match yours, you have to speak directly.

So where are we with this development overall? How many sold and how many more to sell?

Also, did someone post earlier to say that a similar style development will take place across the road once this one is finished? I went out to have a nosey, these are fine houses, it was great to see different houses at various stages of build. Congratulations to everyone moving in here and best wishes on your new homes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭alexf1

myshirt wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^

I'd second this. Their sense of concern is never going to match yours, you have to speak directly.

So where are we with this development overall? How many sold and how many more to sell?

Also, did someone post earlier to say that a similar style development will take place across the road once this one is finished? I went out to have a nosey, these are fine houses, it was great to see different houses at various stages of build. Congratulations to everyone moving in here and best wishes on your new homes.

Yeah they're all really nice houses. Great to see such a variety. I'm sure everyone is fed up of schemes with 300 identical boring houses in rows. There are roughly 75 sold out of 128 being built in Beechwood. Then there are another 70ish being built to the East of Barnwell. About 12 are up to roof level right now. The same builder also has land to the South of the power lines to be built on too, but there are no planning requests in yet. A big chunk of land on the other side of the train line is also zoned for housing but I don't know who owns it. The builder doing Hansfield Wood and The Park will be building on the other free space down to the train line. Pretty soon there will be no empty fields there!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 captaincool

I think adjacent the train station on the south will be developed by Alanna homes. I think they're the same crowd that already has a housing development in the area. 
    This time i think it will be apartments instead of houses. I stumbled across the link on the alanna homes website.

Looks high density. Hoping that this is a good thing!

Do all of you who already moved into new houses have constant hot water? Our Climote is set to constant +20 heating and timer is set for hot water to heat it twice a day for 1hr, however hot water is never ending even after 6hrs later after water was heated. All pipes which goes to hot water cylinder are constantly hot. Water is actually extremely hot in the taps despite thermostat on cylinder and in boiler are both set to 60C.
    I am confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

Do all of you who already moved into new houses have constant hot water? Our Climote is set to constant +20 heating and timer is set for hot water to heat it twice a day for 1hr, however hot water is never ending even after 6hrs later after water was heated. All pipes which goes to hot water cylinder are constantly hot. Water is actually extremely hot in the taps despite thermostat on cylinder and in boiler are both set to 60C.
    I am confused.

Please check your electric water heater is being switched ON.

Thomas16 wrote: »
    Please check your electric water heater is being switched ON.

Heh that was the first thing I checked. Immersion heater is off.
    I spoke today to my colleague who recently bought a house in Dublin South and he told they are heating water 1hr a day and it's enough for 5 family members.
    That's probably flashback from the old house (B2 rating btw) don't allow me to accept that - we had to heat water twice in the evening for 3 people to have a shower. :-D
    I will continue my observations and investigation ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭k100

Heh that was the first thing I checked. Immersion heater is off.
    I spoke today to my colleague who recently bought a house in Dublin South and he told they are heating water 1hr a day and it's enough for 5 family members.
    That's probably flashback from the old house (B2 rating btw) don't allow me to accept that - we had to heat water twice in the evening for 3 people to have a shower. :-D
    I will continue my observations and investigation ;)

1hr a day :v that be great alright. What time of day would you be heating the water to get maximum return probably everyone showering one after another right?

k100 wrote: »
    1hr a day :v that be great alright. What time of day would you be heating the water to get maximum return probably everyone showering one after another right?

Climote was set to heat water 5am - 6am, and 4.30pm - 5.30pm and water was hot at any time, the latest I checked at 12am.
    After changing timer to 1hr a day (morning only) and decreasing temperature from 60 to 55 two person in the evening still had proper shower, however for the third one water was only slightly warm about 20-25C. I believe question is closed now

• Registered Users Posts: 24 olammo

to those already moved in beechwood:
    Has anyone in beechwood done underfloor heating?is it worth going for?
    if you've done the tiling work with jimmy, are there any issues that you see in bathroom/kitchen flooring etc ?

olammo wrote: »
    if you've done the tiling work with jimmy, are there any issues that you see in bathroom/kitchen flooring etc ?

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BaaRamEwe

Jimmy did our floors. His work is great quality and he's very easy to deal with.

BaaRamEwe wrote: »
    Jimmy did our floors. His work is great quality and he's very easy to deal with.

Thank you! Heard his services are expensive.

Also got another question on snagging. Has anyone availed services from homesnag.ie? Are they good?

Hi,

Does anybody know what was the price of Sycamore houses in last launch (last week)?

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mick2311

Thomas16 wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anybody know what was the price of Sycamore houses in last launch (last week)?

Thank You

327500 for the terraced. No price for the semi as there were non for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭technogeek

+2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 cousin

+1

Don't think underfloor heating is an option. That's not something you decide on late in a build stage as you need to put the pipes in under a 50-150mm layer of concrete and have a complicated boiler and manifold system. I asked about a Devi Mat electric system for the bathroom but that wasn't an option either.

Anybody manage to use Jimmy the tiler? Hubby couldn’t get a hold of him and was wondering is there any point continuing to try?

Nerd Queen wrote: »
    Anybody manage to use Jimmy the tiler? Hubby couldn’t get a hold of him and was wondering is there any point continuing to try?

I got hold of him after umpteen attempts to reach him by phone.

Just keep phone/txt ing him

Looking for a rough idea of whats it cost people to floor their houses so i can estimate mine (have an oak type). I want to put laminate in the whole downstairs and all 4 bedrooms with carpet on stairs and landing. Is an estimate of €3-4k reasonable for this with €2k on top for tiling the 3 bathroom floors?

Looking for a rough idea of whats it cost people to floor their houses so i can estimate mine (have an oak type). I want to put laminate in the whole downstairs and all 4 bedrooms with carpet on stairs and landing. Is an estimate of €3-4k reasonable for this with €2k on top for tiling the 3 bathroom floors?

For reference, I was quoted €1600 for 45m2 of 12mm laminate for downstairs, and €1500 for master bedroom and stairs/landing with decent quality carpet. You can get away with cheaper laminate for upstairs rooms though.

Re PV panels.
    Is there an easy way to check/test if electricity generated by PV panels (solar panels) is consumed by appliances at home? Today the screen of the inverter was displaying approx. 550W (Pac) - would that mean that at that particular moment it was providing 0.55kW/h to the house's electrical service?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nelly river

the flooring mill in dunboyne quote me €32sqm supply and fit for Robusto laminate. Ash type house of 4beds, landing and living room. They have to measure up but it's about €2400. Tiling the kitchen utility hall wc and two bathrooms was €10,000.

Re PV panels.
    Is there an easy way to check/test if electricity generated by PV panels (solar panels) is consumed by appliances at home? Today the screen of the inverter was displaying approx. 550W (Pac) - would that mean that at that particular moment it was providing 0.55kW/h to the house's electrical service?

That's the total electricity produced by the panel on that day.

If you check the electricity meter outside, a small arrow mark on the screen should be in the reverted position ( <--- ) if the appliances consume electricity from the panel. Otherwise arrow mark in forwarding position ( ---> )

If the electricity produced by the panel not utilized by the appliances, it will go back to ESB. not storing anywhere.

Thank You

• Advertisement

Normally installation cost for laminate flooring = 10 euro/sqm
    and for tiling = 15 to 20 euro /sqm.
    plus material cost extra.

Some tilers will remove waste as well, so you can save 180-200 euro.

Cost for Carpet may be cheap.

Advertisement