Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 misspola

ck0 wrote: »
    Hey. Can anybody share any landscaping company who could do a leveling of the backgarden? Our backgarden has a slope in the corners and at the end of backgarden and builder told this is something they won't be doing. Anyone had any similar experience? Thanks

A few people on Hansfield Wood forum also had that issue and the builder wasn't helpful either. Maybe try posting there. Are you in Beachwood?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ck0

misspola wrote: »
    A few people on Hansfield Wood forum also had that issue and the builder wasn't helpful either. Maybe try posting there. Are you in Beachwood?

Yeah Beechwood.
    Builder told this slope is the natural part of the landscape and cannot be changed by them.

Thanks. I will try to post it in Hansfield Wood thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mirroz23

Has anyone who recently put down a booking deposit heard anything back from their solicitors? Contracts due to be signed by 26 Feb and we have been in contact with our solicitor but nothing really moving at this stage?

Anyone having any similar experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭technogeek

Mirroz23 wrote: »
    Has anyone who recently put down a booking deposit heard anything back from their solicitors? Contracts due to be signed by 26 Feb and we have been in contact with our solicitor but nothing really moving at this stage?

Anyone having any similar experiences?

Do you mean builder's solicitor did not send the contracts to your solicitor?

technogeek wrote: »
    Do you mean builder's solicitor did not send the contracts to your solicitor?

Our solicitor received the contracts from the vendors solicitor last week but hasnt yet raised any queries or asked us to come in to review or sign.

Just wondering is this normal as we are conscious that the deadline is approaching to have contracts signed and remainder of deposit paid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ck0

Our solicitor received the contracts from the vendors solicitor last week but hasnt yet raised any queries or asked us to come in to review or sign.

Just wondering is this normal as we are conscious that the deadline is approaching to have contracts signed and remainder of deposit paid

Our solicitor informed us as soon as he received contracts from builder's solicitor.
    I would ping solicitor asking for updates. Tell you may not get voucher from builder if contract won't be signed until certain date so wish to review and sign asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭technogeek

Yes, that's normal. Your solicitor reviews the contracts first and if all ok it will ask you to come and sign. He will then send them back to builder's solicitors, signed. You will pay the balance of the deposit at this point. When builder's solicitors gets the deposit and the 2 copies of contracts signed by you, they will ask the builders to sign them. They will send one copy back to your solicitor. At this point you have a legal binding contract with the builder to build your house. The contract is 2 parts. First part is where you buy the land under your house and second is where you hire the builder to build the house on that land.
    Hope this helps.

When is your house ready if you don't mind me asking?

technogeek wrote: »
    Yes, that's normal. Your solicitor reviews the contracts first and if all ok it will ask you to come and sign. He will then send them back to builder's solicitors, signed. You will pay the balance of the deposit at this point. When builder's solicitors gets the deposit and the 2 copies of contracts signed by you, they will ask the builders to sign them. They will send one copy back to your solicitor. At this point you have a legal binding contract with the builder to build your house. The contract is 2 parts. First part is where you buy the land under your house and second is where you hire the builder to build the house on that land.
    Hope this helps.

When is your house ready if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you, very helpful! We were told it's due for completion in June or July.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Waiting on a call to organise snagging. Being told we can snag hopefully in 2 weeks. How long were people waiting between the snag and getting their keys?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 TRANSYL

Do you mind me asking what road you are on? we were told Mar/April we are in the cul de sac... its hard to know if it will be on time as we cant get onto the road

• Advertisement

TRANSYL wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what road you are on? we were told Mar/April we are in the cul de sac... its hard to know if it will be on time as we cant get onto the road

We are also on the cul de sac. I'm trying to book my snagger who's appts are filling up fast but I've no date yet. Anytime we have talked to the foreman in the last couple of weeks its I'll be calling ye about snagging soon but no call. And we really need to get floor measurements because we have picked our floor tile and it is being discontinued so we have to know how much we want in the next couple of days so hoping the foreman will give us rough measurements or let my husband up to get some.

Nerd Queen wrote: »
    We are also on the cul de sac. I'm trying to book my snagger who's appts are filling up fast but I've no date yet. Anytime we have talked to the foreman in the last couple of weeks its I'll be calling ye about snagging soon but no call. And we really need to get floor measurements because we have picked our floor tile and it is being discontinued so we have to know how much we want in the next couple of days so hoping the foreman will give us rough measurements or let my husband up to get some.

Oh really... thats sooner than i expected.... i havent even spoken to the foreman/builder at all...
    Could you try to get into the show house or do you need exact measurements? we took measurements from the show house and put deposit on our floors & tiles... so we can add/takeaway if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Gilo

I don't believe they will ring anybody before all houses of the cul de sac road are done. We can see on the aerial pics that the first and the second house of this road are still without roof (left side).

https://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb432/gilsonbeckman/Beechwood/20180211/DJI_0003.jpg

My house is on the same road and I was informed it will be done in April

Oh really... thats sooner than i expected.... i havent even spoken to the foreman/builder at all...
    Could you try to get into the show house or do you need exact measurements? we took measurements from the show house and put deposit on our floors & tiles... so we can add/takeaway if needed.

Sorry We are at the top of the road leading into the wall with the bakery behind it? Our house is different to the showhouse so we don't know if those measurements will do. we have done the exact same as you put down deposit etc awaiting correct measurements but we got a call this morning from the tile shop saying the tile we have chosen is being discontinued so if we defo want to use we need to make sure have enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭alexf1

Sorry We are at the top of the road leading into the wall with the bakery behind it? Our house is different to the showhouse so we don't know if those measurements will do. we have done the exact same as you put down deposit etc awaiting correct measurements but we got a call this morning from the tile shop saying the tile we have chosen is being discontinued so if we defo want to use we need to make sure have enough!

All the measurements are on the fingal planning website. They'd be very very close to exact, probably only out by a few mm, but sure you need extra tiles anyway to account for wastage.

Ah no way... thats a nightmare! Surely they will have to let you in for measurements then... why dont you contact Helena, see if there is anything she can do..
    i was onto project tiles today myself.. trying to get a quote from jimmy the tiler is proving difficult alright.

alexf1 wrote: »
    All the measurements are on the fingal planning website. They'd be very very close to exact, probably only out by a few mm, but sure you need extra tiles anyway to account for wastage.

Where on the website would I find that? Would be very helpful.

Ah no way... thats a nightmare! Surely they will have to let you in for measurements then... why dont you contact Helena, see if there is anything she can do..
    i was onto project tiles today myself.. trying to get a quote from jimmy the tiler is proving difficult alright.

Yes we just thought of Helena before you said it have Hubby on the job! Helena is actually on leave but they will try get us into showhouse next week just not sure if that's in time.

We went with Right Price tiles as we got the VAT off so saved €450. Eventually got a quote from Jimmy but he didn't seem as interested once I said we had the tiles. He quoted €25/28 per sqm depending on the tile type and size. Already had someone else (recommended by a friend who's new build he did) quote €22 per sqm so probably going elsewhere as I have another tiler who wants to see before he quotes.

Where on the website would I find that? Would be very helpful.

I found this information on http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00489461.pdf

Yes we just thought of Helena before you said it have Hubby on the job! Helena is actually on leave but they will try get us into showhouse next week just not sure if that's in time.

We went with Right Price tiles as we got the VAT off so saved €450. Eventually got a quote from Jimmy but he didn't seem as interested once I said we had the tiles. He quoted €25/28 per sqm depending on the tile type and size. Already had someone else (recommended by a friend who's new build he did) quote €22 per sqm so probably going elsewhere as I have another tiler who wants to see before he quotes.

we got our tiles in right price also in the half price sale, trying to save where we can with so much to pay for! yeah i have heard Jimmy is pricey alright... i think we have a tiler but even for a price on tanking and pigeon hole, we cant get him.
    Fingers crossed all is done by april but i would be unsure... still seems like a good bit needs to be done.. even in terms of the roads.

• Advertisement

Gilo wrote: »

You are a lifesaver! Thanks a million

we got our tiles in right price also in the half price sale, trying to save where we can with so much to pay for! yeah i have heard Jimmy is pricey alright... i think we have a tiler but even for a price on tanking and pigeon hole, we cant get him.
    Fingers crossed all is done by april but i would be unsure... still seems like a good bit needs to be done.. even in terms of the roads.

Ye i hear ya. I really want to get in early april. Suits both of us perfect to try get moving over easter! Ye there was serious value in right price tile. Just looking forward to getting in now!

Yea we are the same! Can't wait now 😊😊

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭k100

Does anyone have this issue with their smoke alarm? I am currently doing up the bathrooms and my main bedroom smoke alarm is having a mental breakdown even when no work is being done in the room, maybe faulty or just dust build up?? can anyone comment?

Today I found that my bath was being held up by tiles placed vertically at the corners, please check this guys :(, glad I found this sooner then later.

Anyone notice a big draught from the bottom of the double patio doors or is this just mine?

I will ask my tiler on his schedule and if available i will pass you guys his contact details , pretty decent honest guy. Just give me a pm

Information: I am on cul de sac road. I rang the builders today and I was informed they expect to finish in mid/end May.
    :(

we received an email back from the builder today to advise us we are due for completion end april for cul de sac... so i would say that will mean may.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

The dates given by builder is for them to complete the snag list and mark it as complete for their own convenience.

But the real handover will happen only after the builder solicitor gives go ahead and for me it happened after 1 month 25 days later.... so you guys need to be in contact with builder solicitor rather than the builders.

If you are lucky you will get it as soon as snag is done but, experience says otherwise.

userduluth wrote: »
    The dates given by builder is for them to complete the snag list and mark it as complete for their own convenience.

But the real handover will happen only after the builder solicitor gives go ahead and for me it happened after 1 month 25 days later.... so you guys need to be in contact with builder solicitor rather than the builders.

If you are lucky you will get it as soon as snag is done but, experience says otherwise.

That would be disastrous for us as we are due for completion at the end of March if they delayed the guts of 2 months it would be end may which really doesn’t suit us at all!

Have a snagger provisionally booked for March 8th, gonna to try the site tomorrow and see if thats ok with them. We are waiting on the snag call that was coming in a couple of days over 2 weeks now.

Also one other thing - is everybody who has moved in getting the house as per the brochure specification e.g sinks, showers etc?

• Advertisement

Has anybody organised a valuation on their property through their mortgage supplier .... have to call builder to organise a valuation .. can anyone pm me the builders no pls

Advertisement