Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ghusk

Just some information for getting connected:

http://www.esb.ie/main/energy_home/new_customer_overview.jsp

Overview of getting connected by the ESB as a new Customer.

http://www.bordgaisenergysupply.ie/htm/residential/2_become_customer/index.htm

Board Gais Gas Supply – Connection information

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lmd

When i rang bord gais for the second time, they told me that in order to avoid the €400 security deposit I would have to set up direct debit mandate. but we still have to pay the €115 connection fee. I have not heard back from Ciara since this morning. She told me that 2 houses have been connected on the green so i was wondering if they had to pay the €150 for checking installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

Hi all,

Went up to the showhouses on Satruday. Definitely not the madness that we all met when we bought ours but they were still busy.
    Measured up our house it was great to get to see the actual type we're buying!
    3 bed duplex are lovely but their gardens are overlooked by the apartment above, you'd definitely want to get on with your neighbours! :p

Wasn't massively impressed by the duplex's and apartments tbh as the bedroom size was quite 'comfy'!
    We went up and snagged on Saturday morning. They finished the front of the house lovely and the roads were cleaned while we were there which made a huge difference, doesn't have that building site feel about it!
    The snag is all cosmetic things such as paintwork and kitchen units damaged, nothing structural that will take time to sort, so hoping to get the keys next week.

Thats great Ghusk it's good to hear that it's only cosmetics that need sorting out, means you should have your keys in no time!

• Advertisement

Am heading to the site office this afternoon to drop the list in. Am hoping that all goes smoothly and that we get the keys next week. I have booked an appointment with the solicitor to sign the documents and he has requested the loan cheque so as long as the snagging is completed in a reasonable time we should be sorted pretty soon!
    Can't wait! Just need to get the gas and ESB sorted this week so that we can check them before handing over any money!

Thats good news Ghusk. I need to see if my surveyor has sent in the snag list yet. He did mention that he will have to check esb/gas connection before i pay. I cant believe it all happening now. The next few weeks will fly in. I dont think i will move in until the flooring is done. so hopefully by end sept/early october i will be in!

Was just ringing the ESB about getting connected and they said that it takes 2 weeks to get connected! I was also surprised at the address on the form that we were given by Manor Park to send in for connection as it lists the address as Clonee Co. Meath!? Anyone know whats the story with the address? I thought it was Hansfield Dublin 15!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

ghusk wrote: »
    I thought it was Hansfield Dublin 15!

The border is only meters away, the road at the roundabout for Clonee half the road is in Co. Meath!

I thought the same thing too! Bord Gais has it as ongar, dublin 15. Ive been putting down Hansfield Dublin 15 on all my forms. I think thats what was said on the brochure.
    Quick question, in the kitchen should there not be a door for the dishwasher unit? they only supplied door on fridge/freezer.

• Advertisement

Yes there should be a door for the dishwasher. I found our door for the dishwasher in the fridge freezer unit, so have a look the next time you are in the house.
    Just got onto bord gais and got the account set up with no problems. They are coming to fit the meter next monday, so have to find out from the site office if I have to be there myself or if they will let them in to do it. Bord Gais can't give a time they just said that they'd be there at some time between 9 and 5! If we have to be there for them then it means that we'll have to sit in the car waiting for them to arrive all day! Madness!!!!
    ESB takes 2 weeks to connect, which is a pain in the ass!

I just rang esb there, they are going out tomorrow to connect but will take 10 days for esb supply to set up account. they have the address as hansfield, even though form said clonee. Im going to ring Bord Gais again now to see if they mention this 150 charge.
    wish me luck!

Hiya lmd,
    Just wondering when did you send off your cert for the wiring? I only sent it yesterday as we only got it on Saturday, so just wondering how long it takes for them to recieve it so that I know when to ring to get them to connect. Need to get sorted asap so that we can make sure that the wiring and pipes in the house are all ok before we sign for the house!

Thanks

I sent off friday evening. They probably received it yesterday. they should have it today so. Ring tomorrow, if not they should have you set up by thurs. I rang bord gais, they never mentioned the 150 charge, they will come out monday too. they couldnt give me definite time. 8.30-5pm. someone has to be there. do you think that ciara or someone on site will let them in or are we going to have to take day off and wait!!

I don't know about the waiting, I've left a message with the site office to try and find out, so will let you know when I hear back. But sure if we do have to wait at least we can wait together!!! They must plan on doing them one after another (hopefully, but sure you know Ireland, they might send 2 seperate blokes!)

John just rang me there, he says that we dont need to be there for them to connect the gas, they can get the keys off them directly. saves me taking the time off.
    He just rang me there to say that he hasnt received the snag list, so now i have to chase the surveyor!

Thats a pain, as the surveyor should have sent it in as soon as he had it complete so that John could get to work on it asap!
    Paddy has the gas meter being fitted on Monday as well so it should be grand for the Gas company to fit them all at once!
    Great to hear that we don't have to take the time off as i want to keep my time off for getting the floors down and getting the furniture into the house!

Was onto the solicitor this morning so we are all set now to sign for the house on Wednesday afternoon! Hoping that we can get the keys by the end of next week so that we can get in over the weekend and start the painting and all the other things that we need to do before we officially move in!
    We plan to do second snag on Tuesday so hopefully that won't delay us as that is the only thing that is outstanding!
    Gas meter going in on Monday and ESB meter hopefully next week too (gave a sob story to ESB networks so they are going to try and rush it!). Hoping that everyone else is getting sorted. Good luck to those who are sigining / snagging soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 AP85

hi all,
    jst thought i'd join, we bought on the avenue. its so exciting to hear that most of you's in the green are nearly finished ur snags cos that means were next to do ours.was there many things on the snag? anybody else on this bought on the avenue?? have any of yous got children we hv a 4 year old, i hope der's a few friends in the area for her.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hi AP85, it would be better if you'd refrain from using txt spk when posting as its not the done thing on boards, and not every one will know what you're saying.

However you are very welcome to boards.ie and in particular to the D15 forum, I hope you enjoy the info being shared in this thread.

Best of luck with your new home by the way, by the looks of it you should be in soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭cpstears

AP85 wrote: »
    hi all,
    jst thought i'd join, we bought on the avenue. its so exciting to hear that most of you's in the green are nearly finished ur snags cos that means were next to do ours.was there many things on the snag? anybody else on this bought on the avenue?? have any of yous got children we hv a 4 year old, i hope der's a few friends in the area for her.

Hi there,

Best of luck with you new house. Were on the green, there's a good few young couples and familys so there are children around the area for the little ones. :)

Just dropping a quick line to those who are signing this week to wish them good luck :)
    Hope everything goes to plan and you'll be homeowners by the end of the week!!!

Just ordered a garden shed and just thought I'd give you all the information on the company as they were very helpful and competitive on price.
    The website is http://www.gardenshed.ie/ and the contact number is 01 2957397.
    We are all set to complete snag tomorrow morning and sign the contracts tomorrow morning so hoping that we will have the keys by Thurs / Fri.
    No ESB connected yet so there will be no moving in until next week!
    Good luck to all who are snagging and signing this week, won't be long now before we are all in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bazni

Hi Ghusk,

Thanks for that info must check that out as i will want to get a shed in as soon as possible! I wonder if a few of us where getting them from there would they do a better deal!!
    Ah i bet you are so excited about signing. We got a call to see if we will sign earlier so we are going to hopefully sign in December but wont move in till the new year!

it'll be good to get signed earlier as it'll give you more time to get stuff done in the house before you move in.
    The quality of the sheds are quite good so if you want to come down and have a look before you buy you are more than welcome!
    We are hoping that if we get the ESB turned on before the weekend and we get the keys by Friday, that we'll take the wall down over the weekend and paint the upstairs rooms so that we can paint downstairs the following weekend and then put all the floors down that week.
    We are planning on renting a van to move all the stuff into the house so want to be able to do it all in a weekend and then I have the pleasure of unpacking while Cian soes back to college for the week!
    Looking forward to it now that it is so close!

Hi Ghusk/paddyred,
    I just spoke to Bord Gais today and they informed me that i was not connected to them yesterday . Do you know if you guys were connected? Wasnt the three of us supposed to be done yesterday. My snag has been done now but the surveyor wants to make sure that the gas/water/esb are connected before he comes back.

Hiya lmd,

I was on site today checking through the final snag stuff before we sent to the solicitor. Our Gas meter is in and connected (although not yet turned on!) ESB meter is in, found that out by fluke as John the foreman was just showing us where it went and it was in already, so site electrician is hooking us up in the morning and John going to check heating tomorrow morning.
    Solicitor now all ready to pay just waiting on builders solicitors to send home bond cert before he sends the money over. All going to plan, we hope to collect the keys on Friday!
    If you can get onsite get them to check and see if the meter was installed as board gais might just not have a record of it, as I don't see why they would connect some and not all of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Kia07

Congrats to all those in their new homes, best of luck to everyone signing and moving in next few days:):)

We'll be another few weeks yet, heading away on hols on sunday so hopefully good progress while we're away,

Chat soon,
    Kia;)

Fingers crossed we are getting the keys this afternoon. Our solicitor is all set to send over payment to Developers solicitor so just have to wait for the phone call to be made to John O'Hea and then it's all systems go!
    We will be in the house painting all weekend so if you are around give a knock and the door and say hello!
    Best wishes to anyone else due to close.

• Advertisement

Good luck, ghusk! Just got call from john again re snag. The surveyor will be going over 3 oclock monday. So fingers crossed all will be done.

Advertisement