Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 olammo

TRANSYL wrote: »
    Has anybody organised a valuation on their property through their mortgage supplier .... have to call builder to organise a valuation .. can anyone pm me the builders no pls

you can contact the site clerk, will send his contact number/email address.
    Usually if you tell the property address to the person who's going to do the valuation, they will contact the site office directly and get the access. That's what happened in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

Hi,

Has anybody, who already moved in, changed locks on the outside doors?

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 45 TRANSYL

Great thanks for that ..

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

Nerd Queen wrote: »
    That would be disastrous for us as we are due for completion at the end of March if they delayed the guts of 2 months it would be end may which really doesn’t suit us at all!

Have a snagger provisionally booked for March 8th, gonna to try the site tomorrow and see if thats ok with them. We are waiting on the snag call that was coming in a couple of days over 2 weeks now.

I dint want to scare you but it can take time(certainly it took for me) after the snagging is done but, things might have changed now, it can be quicker now...I just want to let ppl know what I faced and be prepared for it just in case if its not happening....

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

userduluth wrote: »
    I dint want to scare you but it can take time(certainly it took for me) after the snagging is done but, things might have changed now, it can be quicker now...I just want to let ppl know what I faced and be prepared for it just in case if its not happening....

SNagging the 15th now. So will definitely be into april if not may before we are in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Gilo

SNagging the 15th now. So will definitely be into april if not may before we are in

Do you mind to tell us where your house is located? I thought all houses of the first batch was delivered already and the second batch would be finished in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 misspola

Is anyone here waiting for the house in Barnwell? We got news today that our house will be delayed (again) because ESB will take 4 weeks to connect it. Ugh. Do you know if you can snag and do floors before the ESB connection is completed?

Gilo wrote: »
    Do you mind to tell us where your house is located? I thought all houses of the first batch was delivered already and the second batch would be finished in May.

We are in the road where the end of the cul de sac backs directly on to the bakery. Really i hadn’t heard that! We had been been told most of the way it would be end feb!

We are at the cul de sac behind the playground ... we were originally told feb/March... then Mar/April now it's end of April...

Apparently we get a choice in the bathroom wall tiles???!! Would have liked to know that before this afternoon when I have to make a decision before 5pm without seeing the tiles

• Advertisement

Apparently we get a choice in the bathroom wall tiles???!! Would have liked to know that before this afternoon when I have to make a decision before 5pm without seeing the tiles

yes there was a choice of prob 5/6 options... did you go into project tiles?

yes there was a choice of prob 5/6 options... did you go into project tiles?

Nope only found out when they rang me this afternoon looking for a tile choice by 5pm cos the house is being tiled tomorrow.

Ah I don't believe you ... nightmare

Ah I don't believe you ... nightmare

We were told the whole way along no changes everything is as per showhouse. Yep sure we picked our floor tiles in right price tiles and jimmy took so long to get back to us that we didn’t know of project tiles until after and at that point we didn’t bother going up as we thought sure we’ve no choice anyway. We got our tiles at sale price and vat off saved a fortune.

But its annoying now rushing a decision.

Ye totally ... can you go up in the morning and decide or ask them the names and you can look online tonight before you go down... We went with ava grey I think it's called and we are buying floor tiles off them too so they match... but they are expensive

Ye totally ... can you go up in the morning and decide or ask them the names and you can look online tonight before you go down... We went with ava grey I think it's called and we are buying floor tiles off them too so they match... but they are expensive

Literally just agreed to go with Ava grey haha! Gary was very helpful i have to say he sent me pics of em all. But no decision had to be made by 5pm.

Literally just agreed to go with Ava grey haha! Gary was very helpful i have to say he sent me pics of em all. But no decision had to be made by 5pm.

God that would stress me out!!! But that tile is lovely :) ... its dark but because its not the whole bathroom i think it will be gorgeous!

God that would stress me out!!! But that tile is lovely :) ... its dark but because its not the whole bathroom i think it will be gorgeous!

on the upside at least you know the wheels are fully in motion with yours now.

Thats exactly what i thought! You can keep the paint a lighter colour to get brightness in

Picking our paint colours now this weekend exciting times! Bit difficult when we've not actually been in the house to see what its like but we'll soldier on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 mick2311

Picking our paint colours now this weekend exciting times! Bit difficult when we've not actually been in the house to see what its like but we'll soldier on.

Is there a choice from builder of what color to paint the house.
    I thought all houses were just painted orchid white.

mick2311 wrote: »
    Is there a choice from builder of what color to paint the house.
    I thought all houses were just painted orchid white.

The painter will paint any colour you want if you contact him for a small surcharge! Very nice to deal with! If you want his details pm me! Im very surprised with all of this choice all of a sudden

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭k100

The painter will paint any colour you want if you contact him for a small surcharge! Very nice to deal with! If you want his details pm me! Im very surprised with all of this choice all of a sudden

You are very lucky we had not choice for anything at all.

k100 wrote: »
    You are very lucky we had not choice for anything at all.

According to the painter he doesn't mind what colour he puts on the walls its all the same. So the last few days from a few questions to the site suddenly this choice appears. I almost didn't ask and if you don't ask you don't get. It was a very stringent no changes all the way along K100 so I empathise with you. feel very lucky we are getting a break on this.

According to the painter he doesn't mind what colour he puts on the walls its all the same. So the last few days from a few questions to the site suddenly this choice appears. I almost didn't ask and if you don't ask you don't get. It was a very stringent no changes all the way along K100 so I empathise with you. feel very lucky we are getting a break on this.

Yep, I am glad others have the option, it could very well be that there were hard deadlines set to meet decemeber, as our contracts did mention December that wasn't 3rd party delays and giving choices ment delays. Where now they could have plenty of time project management wise to allow this.

Yep, I am glad others have the option, it could very well be that there were hard deadlines set to meet December, as our contracts did mention December that wasn't 3rd party delays and giving choices ment delays. Where now they could have plenty of time project management wise to allow this.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 olammo

Really, neither we were told nor allowed to pick the color we like.
    I don't know if this has changed lately? The builder still causing huge delays with/without allowing customisation to the houses.

Who did you ask for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

olammo wrote: »
    I don't know if this has changed lately? The builder still causing huge delays with/without allowing customisation to the houses.

Money talks ;)

olammo wrote: »

I asked the site for the builders name and info and they said to to talk to him re colour. He then said he doesn't mind doing colour at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

Hi everybody, I'm texting you all for asking if anyone had the same issue I'm having recently.

When the gas boiler turns off, I can hear like an explosion coming from the attic.
    I thought it was a water pump, but I've been told there's no water pump in the attic.
    So really I don't know what to think.

Is it something the builder have to look through?
    I bought the house last year.
    Cheers

Advertisement