Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mick2311

misspola wrote: »
    Is anyone here waiting for the house in Barnwell? We got news today that our house will be delayed (again) because ESB will take 4 weeks to connect it. Ugh. Do you know if you can snag and do floors before the ESB connection is completed?

How long ago did you put a booking deposit down if it is Barnwell. What was the original expected completion date?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Wonder if the beast from the east will upset any of move in dates! We are due to snag on the 15th of March so hopefully not

• Registered Users Posts: 24 olammo

This builder is amazingly slow and even the builder's solicitor.
    They supposedly handover the house by end of Jan, but looks like it will be end of March/April.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭alexf1

olammo wrote: »
    This builder is amazingly slow and even the builder's solicitor.
    They supposedly handover the house by end of Jan, but looks like it will be end of March/April.

Have you done your snagging yet or are you still waiting to get that sorted? When you say the solicitor is slow what's holding things up?

We're still hoping to get the call for snagging mid March....

lunamia wrote: »
    Hi everybody, I'm texting you all for asking if anyone had the same issue I'm having recently.

When the gas boiler turns off, I can hear like an explosion coming from the attic.
    I thought it was a water pump, but I've been told there's no water pump in the attic.
    So really I don't know what to think.

Is it something the builder have to look through?
    I bought the house last year.
    Cheers

That's not right. Does it happen every time the boiler clicks off or just occasionally? Could it be pipes banging? I'd call the site office and have the plumber check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭technogeek

Does anyone know if the internal partition walls are built with concrete bricks?
    Brochure says "traditional masonry" which means they should be.

technogeek wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the internal partition walls are built with concrete bricks?
    Brochure says "traditional masonry" which means they should be.

No, they're wooden stud walls. By "traditional masonry" they mean it's not a timber frame house. Outside walls are all double leaf block/brick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jbunt85

Hey fellow Beechwood Gate residents (current and soon to be)... how is everyones buying/ moving going? Any tips to share?
    We are just going through the buying process ourselves in this phase and thought it would be much easier (at least I find it easier!) to setup a Facebook group for the new community, Beechwood Gate residents feel free to join... ‘Beechwood, Hansfield - Residents’

Any alarm recommendations welcome. Please pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 45 TRANSYL

has anoyone received snag dates for any of the houses on the cul de sac at the back of the estate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 nelly river

sickened now but happy for other residents. I went to project tile showrooms and i was never told there was a selection of tile to choose from. I was told no changes as per showhouse from the site office and agent so im stuck with the white tile called sublime white glossy as per showhouse. the only choice i got was a call from Gary, as jimmy wanted to know if i wanted the wall tile horizontal or vertical. What were the colour options for curiosity? I would have choosen a warm colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lisadesign

Hi, guys. We will have oak house at the beginning of Beechwood gate.
    Just wanted to ask if someone is having same weird delays from builder solicitors as we do. We've signed the snagging in the middle of January and last 6 weeks their solicitor is practically ignoring us. Like he have answered twice in those weeks with the short messages - I don't have all the documents ready to finish the sale. And thats it. All of our messages, calls, from us, kelly, our solicitor, all goes ignored.
    WTH. He doesn't answers what exactly documents are missing, doesn't say that he have got the signed snugging (because by the contract as soon as he confirms that he will be forced to close the contract in two weeks). ANd nobody gives us the day of moving in.
    I was just wandering if we were the lucky one or everyone here were forced to fight to get the house keys?
    And it was also fun to find out we were able to chose the tile and wall color, because kelly told us "everything as for the showhouse" and thats it.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭arek_s

hi, do you know what are the starting prices for next phase for 3 bed?

lisadesign wrote: »
    Hi, guys. We will have oak house at the beginning of Beechwood gate.
    Just wanted to ask if someone is having same weird delays from builder solicitors as we do. We've signed the snagging in the middle of January and last 6 weeks their solicitor is practically ignoring us. Like he have answered twice in those weeks with the short messages - I don't have all the documents ready to finish the sale. And thats it. All of our messages, calls, from us, kelly, our solicitor, all goes ignored.
    WTH. He doesn't answers what exactly documents are missing, doesn't say that he have got the signed snugging (because by the contract as soon as he confirms that he will be forced to close the contract in two weeks). ANd nobody gives us the day of moving in.
    I was just wandering if we were the lucky one or everyone here were forced to fight to get the house keys?
    And it was also fun to find out we were able to chose the tile and wall color, because kelly told us "everything as for the showhouse" and thats it.
    Thanks
    Hi lisadesign, you're not alone here. It's pretty much similar story in our case too. At least their solicitor responded in someway or the other to your calls/requests.
    that's why I said, its horribly ridiculous to deal with this builder/solicitor.
    I don't know if others had much success.
    When were you told for the first time that, you will have the keys?

First they called in mid november to say that we might get in before christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 19 misspola

arek_s wrote: »
    hi, do you know what are the starting prices for next phase for 3 bed?

Arek, you won't get prices until just a few days before the (pre)-launch. Make sure you register on their website to get invitation to the pre-launch, which effectively is the main sale day.

First they called in mid november to say that we might get in before christmas

appreciate tips or pointers from other owners who moved in before Christmas.

appreciate tips or pointers from other owners who moved in before Christmas.

Due to snag next week. what was the average wait time to close following snags being signed off. Really worried we could be looking at an extra 6 weeks.

Nerd Queen wrote: »
    Due to snag next week. what was the average wait time to close following snags being signed off. Really worried we could be looking at an extra 6 weeks.

Our snag was done 4 weeks ago still not sign of sign off date. It's time to put pressure on the builder.

olammo, are you waiting for builder to finish the house of for builders solicitor to finish paper work?

• Advertisement

Our snag was done 4 weeks ago still not sign of sign off date. It's time to put pressure on the builder.

Was your power connected up by the ESB before our did your snagging? I've heard there's a delay with he ESB. Have you been back to check that the builders have fixed any issues that your snagging raised? I'm also worried that we're going to be held up after snagging is done, just trying to figure out what the delays could possibly be...

olammo, are you waiting for builder to finish the house of for builders solicitor to finish paper work?
    I say both.

alexf1 wrote: »
    Was your power connected up by the ESB before our did your snagging? I've heard there's a delay with he ESB. Have you been back to check that the builders have fixed any issues that your snagging raised? I'm also worried that we're going to be held up after snagging is done, just trying to figure out what the delays could possibly be...

no there was no ESB connection before I done my snag. All I've been told everytime I check is that, they are working on the snaglist and will inform once all done (including ESB connection)

It's disappointing that you're still waiting but it could just be the ESB holding you up. You can't complete the snag until the power is on so the electrics and plumbing are checked and signed off. The bank won't release money until everything is signed off and your solicitor won't let you take ownership of the house until it's fully finished.

From speaking to a few people I know in the building trade there's nothing that can be done to speed up an ESB connection. You can beg them but they are a law unto themselves and will work to suit themselves. I'm not sure how much sway a big construction company has in getting them to connect power faster but it doesn't seem like our one has any at all. This is more of a government issue sadly. If the ESB don't have the staff/resources to get work done in a reasonable time it's not the builders fault. The builders should be getting houses ready for connection at the earliest possible time so when all other work is done the power should be on but I don't know how it's being organised in Beechwood/Barnwell.

alexf1 wrote: »
    It's disappointing that you're still waiting but it could just be the ESB holding you up. You can't complete the snag until the power is on so the electrics and plumbing are checked and signed off. The bank won't release money until everything is signed off and your solicitor won't let you take ownership of the house until it's fully finished.

From speaking to a few people I know in the building trade there's nothing that can be done to speed up an ESB connection. You can beg them but they are a law unto themselves and will work to suit themselves. I'm not sure how much sway a big construction company has in getting them to connect power faster but it doesn't seem like our one has any at all. This is more of a government issue sadly. If the ESB don't have the staff/resources to get work done in a reasonable time it's not the builders fault. The builders should be getting houses ready for connection at the earliest possible time so when all other work is done the power should be on but I don't know how it's being organised in Beechwood/Barnwell.
    Your theory sounds right, but based on the experience of some friends in barnwell, completing the work from builder side is one aspect of the whole story. Typically builder's solicitor also can cause huge delays as well. (that's what I heard)

well, still can't understand than whats wrong with our house. Electricity was connected and worked perfectly. And yet we are week number 7 after signing that snugging list was completed by builder and we accept the completely builded house.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nelly river

I did my snag on 12th February. Update as of yesterday they are working through the snag list. I understand everyones frustration. It doesn't make sense why the developer doesn't want funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ck0

If someone will need experienced installer of alarm system who offers various options for the decent price - feel free to pm me.
    We are very happy with our current installation, we even can control and see its actions from the phone.

ck0 wrote: »
    If someone will need experienced installer of alarm system who offers various options for the decent price - feel free to pm me.
    We are very happy with our current installation, we even can control and see its actions from the phone.

Hi, really interested. Can you give me the contact of the installer? what company you work with?
    Thank you

• Advertisement

Well our snag next week is cancelled due to delays. Its only because I emailed to confirm I know now. Have asked for a rough estimate of when we will actually get to snag.

Advertisement