Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ghusk

Thats great lmd, hopefully you'll be all set to get the keys next week and then we can get to know all the neighbours!
    I am in work trying to concentrate and not succeeding as the Solicitor rang to say that the documents are on the way over from developers solicitor, so all he has to do once they arrive is review them, and then give a call to release the keys!
    I have no idea how I'm going to get through the next 3 hours!!!!

We got our keys on Friday afternoon so spent the weekend in the house getting everything sorted and starting the painting. It is lovely and quiet there at the weekends and the people that are wandering around on the road having a look at the 3 bed no extension are not any bother.
    Hope all those who are closing soon have a good week.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

Hi All

Just to let you know I was on to Ciara again yesterday who has said the finishing time for the Terrace is back to December again yay! :D

Hows everyone getting on?
    We are planning on laying the floors in the house the week after next so hope to be moving the furniture and ourselves in prett soon!
    A quick question for those in already or almost in, did you have to pay a connection fee to Eircom to get your phone line connected? I rang and they said that it is a full connection fee we are liable for, but i thought that the houses were all ready for services etc?!
    Glad to see a bit more life around the place anyway and sure it'll be no time until we are all in and enjoying the estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Kia07

Congratulations to all those who are moved in/ moving at the mo, hope everything going really well.

Was on to ciara today, lovely girl, very easy to chat to. Our house on the cresent should be ready in the next 3/4 weeks all going well. She was asking me what tiles were we going with, showhouse or sales office?? I presumed tiles in showhouse were what we were getting, anyone any info on this??

For those who are in already, do ye mind me asking what the showers are like, we were hoping to put electric power showers with plumbing company but weren't allowed to do any extrawork before signing.

Am i the only one on the cresent so far on the forum??

Chat soon,
    Kia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭cpstears

Pumped showers built in are supplied.

The pump is in the hotpress and wired to a switch. Good pressure from the showers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lmd

Hi all, looks like im closing today:)!! Cant believe it!
    I should get keys this afternoon!!! although that means leaving work early! dont think they will mind. Sure i probably wouldnt be able to concentrate in anyway!
    Has anybody got cable in their house yet? Did you go with NTL or sky?

Well haven't been online in ages as the organisation of getting everything ready before we move in has taken up all my spare time, plus most of the time I am supposed to be working!
    We are all set to move in this weekend, so looking forward to being able to relax once everything is finished!
    Good luck to all those who are closing or snagging this week.

Anyone find out about tv services in the development? I've seen some properties with Sky Dishes but has anyone contacted NTL or CHORUS NTL as there now known?

Well we moved in to the house over the weekend and all is going well. There seems to be a lot more activity on the green and hopefully it won't be so deserted in the coming weeks!
    The street lighting hasn't been switched on yet and although some houses have recieved their bins I haven't heard anything about collection days yet! I hope it'll be soon as the bin is full already!

• Advertisement

That's great Ghusk, glad to hear you're all settled in.We should be moving in roughly about 5 weeks so the packing has begun!

The packing up is fine, it's the unpacking that takes so much time and energy! I haven't even brought all the stuff from the other house yet and the place loks like a bomb has hit it already!

Sounds like I've it all to look forward to! :rolleyes:
    It'll be tight to get the house sorted for Christmas as well and I have the in-laws this year, what was I thinking! :D

Your mad!
    We are having xmas on our own this year as there was no way I'd fit everyone that I would have to invite to avoid offending anyone, around out kitchen table!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Kia07

Well folks we are snagging on saturday, cant wait to get in now, ciara said a good few on the cresent have snagged already so should be getting busier now:)

Congrats ghusk on moving in, wishing ye every happiness in your new home:)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭paddyred9

Well Folks,

I've just been on a wild goose chase,
    And it turns out we can't get NTL or sky in. We can only get a company called Broadworks for our TV.

Just a heads up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

paddyred9 wrote: »
    Well Folks,

And it turns out we can't get NTL or sky in. We can only get a company called Broadworks for our TV.

Just a heads up.

Are you serious?
    i've seen the broadworks brochure, and I wouldnt be too impressed.

How can you be preventeed from getting Sky?

paddyred9 wrote: »
    Well Folks,

Just a heads up.

Hi Paddy,

Was on to NTL there, they said that they have services available in Barnwell, ranging from No Services i'm guessing in the Apartments, to TV Only, to TV & Broadband. Girl was just clarifying what was available at my address waiting for the call back in the morning.

Saw your post for Broadworks so looked them up on the internet and rang the number to find out about it they've not been contacted about operating the tv services in the housing development and there's no refrence to us at all there.

Weird or what, we will wait for further developments will post tomorrow when i know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lmd

I'm still waiting on NTL to get back to me about tv/broadband services since last week!! I never heard of that broadworks company.
    Hopefully i will be fully moved in next week!
    Kia, good luck with the snag!
    Oh, does anyone know if they will be opening up the walkway on the green anytime soon? had to walk up via the site entrance and there are no lights!!
    Ghusk, i got leaflet to say that the collection is monday.

Thanks for that lmd! I will have to get some bin tags now and pay for the yearly fee so that they'll actually collect it!
    The tv thing is really annoying! I am dying to be able to sit down and relax in the evenings watching a bit of tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭paddyred9

Just to update to everyone else!

I've been dealing with ntl for two weeks with them telling me that they had services but they needed to get back to me about my address. Then i was told by them that they dont have any services at all in our estate.

I then called ciara and manor park and was told that this broad works thing is actually a company formed from the management company of the housing estate and we have no choice but to use them.

I was wrong yesterday we can actually use sky because they use a dish. We can't do anything for NTL or magnet or any service which uses a line.

Cian if you hear back from NTL any different let me know, Because after waiting two weeks I called and they didnt even have my order it just got deleted because they didnt have our estate.

Let me know Cian!

Hi Paddy, thats mad about NTL as when you said about Broadworks yesterday we phoned them and they said that they have no services to our estate at all!
    Does that mean that we all have to get Sky, and how does that work for those who only have signal at the front of the house if we are not allowed to put a dish up on view on the house?!
    I think that this is crazy, we should have a choice of service providers so that we get to make a decision on what we want!

Sounds to me like the Management company are already limiting our choices!
    I thought we weren't allowed dishes on the houses, thought it was included in the contracts? :confused:

I think that they turn a blind eye to dishes on the back of houses, but to be honest I would rather have my coat hanger sticking out of the back of my tv until NTL finally come in rather than paying €23.99 a month for the crap channels that Broad works are offering!
    It seems mental that you can't choose and I can honestly say that I don't remember reading the details of the mamagement company guidelines in the contract throughly. I must root out the contract and have a good read through it as I'm sure that there is a way around it.
    Although surely if all of us want NTL there as to be some way that we could get them to provide services to the estate.

I agree Ghusk had a look at the Broadworks offer and it's nowhere near good. I googled them aswell and found some posts on askaboutmoney.com which wasn't good reading.
    Surely there's something in the Competition Act preventing this limitation. :confused:
    Might ask about it. I'll let you know if I get a response.

I have tried to get through to Ciara all morning to find out some information as it is a pain nobody knowing what the story is!
    Broad works have no record of Barnwell on their system and neither do NTL, so I don't think that anybody knows who has the contract.
    If this isn't resolved in the next week or two I think that I will just let Sky put a dish on my house and get on with it, the only problem with Sky is that without a telephone line, which we can't get connection to at the minute either exchange not yet connected to site, we can only have single room viewing! So much hassle to try and relax, thats irony for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

We have sky and we do not have a phone line and it works fine.
    You only need the phone line if you are ordering pay per view events for movies.

When i rang sky and asked about getting multi room in they said that they won't install multiroom unless there is a phone line. It has something to do with avoiding people using dodgy boxes to decode their signal as Sky is very security concious whereas NTL loose thousands each month through the dodgy boxes!

marksquirt wrote: »
    I agree Ghusk had a look at the Broadworks offer and it's nowhere near good. I googled them aswell and found some posts on askaboutmoney.com which wasn't good reading.
    Surely there's something in the Competition Act preventing this limitation. :confused:
    Might ask about it. I'll let you know if I get a response.

This is getting beyond a joke! A to B back to A to C and back to A and still no feckin tv!!!!!! The houses must be wired for cable maybe we should have a petition to get ntl in. The management company can't force us to use Broadworks just because they have a stake in the compay. I don't want a big dish stuck to the front of my new house but it's looking more likely. I understand why duplexes or appartments would be limited to a company because the managent company don't want people all signing up to different things but were our own properties on there own land surely we can choose our own providers for our services. I'm getting anoid!:mad:

• Advertisement

Does anyone know the name of the management company for the estate?

Advertisement